50 replies to this topic

#41 E. Hawke

E. Hawke

Deputy

• Patrol
  • 680 posts
  • Character Hometown:Skowhegan, Maine

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:27 AM

*Not getting an answer I figure he has no stories to tell or doesn't want to tell them so I mind my business and just dig into my food as I drink my beer.  Over the speakers of the establishment I can hear a fairly old song starting to play and one that I haven't heard in a long time but enjoyed nonetheless.  I wait until my throat is clear of food and beer before I decide to sing along with the lyrics.*

'But the day may come when you've got something to lose and just when you think your done paying dues.  You say to yourself Dear God, what have I done? And Hope it's not too late cause tomorrow may never come.  Reach for the skyyy cause tomorrow may never comeeee. Reach for the sky cause tomorrow may never come..... Yesterday is history and tomorrow's a mystery but baby right now it's just about you and me.  You can run, can hide just like Bonnie and Clyde, reach for the sky ain't never gonna die.  And I thank the Lord for the love that I have found and hold you tight cause tomorrow may never come'

*I stop singing to eat some more seasoned fries on my plate.  Hearing this song again makes me want to dance and for a bit I contemplate on doing just that but I decide on not doing it.  Instead I just bounce my leg and bob my head a bit to the beat until the song ends moments later.*

pd201dep.png

Deputy Evelyn Hawke

purpleheart.pngservice2.png

sar.png

#42 E. Hawke

E. Hawke

Deputy

• Patrol
  • 680 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 08:57 PM

*With the sun starting to set and barely a cloud in the sky I sit in the back seat of the taxi cab as it comes to a stop at the sidewalk in front of the Tavern.  Reaching into my purse for my wallet I take out some money and hand it over to the cabbie to pay my fare for the ride here.  Putting my wallet back in my purse I open up the backdoor as I leave the cab wearing a white button up V-neck blouse with sleeves rolled up to my elbows, blue denim miniskirt which covers only three-quarters of my thighs, and beige high heel pumps that make me stand five inches taller.  Shutting the door behind me I sling my purse over my shoulder as I listen to my heels click on the concrete sidewalk as I travel the short distance to the Tavern's door.  Entering the building as I push the door open I head straight to the bar as I listen to the crowd and loud music playing through the speakers of the building.  Placing my purse on the bar top as I find an open spot I take a seat on the stool as a bartender comes up to me.*

'Welcome, what can I get for you?'

'A bottle of Corona, some mozzarella sticks and some wings.  Please'

*Responding with a smile the bartender smiles back, nods, and leaves to go get my order.  As I wait I take a glance at the TV real quick to see what they're showing but it's just SportsCenter talking about some of today's NHL Free Agency signings.  Sighing because the NHL doesn't interest me, even though I like hockey, I turn my head away from the TV and grab one of the Tavern's menus that was just sitting on the bar.  As I look through the menu for what I want to eat for dinner I cross my legs with my right leg over my left and let my right shoe slip off a bit as I dangle my heel on my toes.*

pd201dep.png

Deputy Evelyn Hawke

sar.png

#43 E. Hawke

E. Hawke

Deputy

• Patrol
  • 680 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 10:27 PM

*Putting down the menu I return my attention to the bartender as he returns with my bottle of Corona and pops off the cap for me.*

'Your food with be ready in a bit.'

'Thanks'

*Grabbing my bottle with a smile I lift it up and take a sip of my beer as the bartender leaves to deal with some other customers.  Returning my attention to the TV it looks as if SportsCenter is now talking about basketball news; more stuff I couldn't care less about.  Sighing a bit in my head I listen as the music from speakers stop playing as some upstart band in the back room gets up on stage in the backroom which is visible by some cut away windows in the bar.  After a brief introduction of the band the drummer kicks off a beat as the guitarist and bassist starts strumming along as they all begin playing what sounds like a cheap original alternative rock song.  Well, the songs not all that bad, at least I can drink to it I think to myself as I chug down some more of my beer.*

pd201dep.png

Deputy Evelyn Hawke

sar.png

#44 E. Hawke

E. Hawke

Deputy

• Patrol
  • 680 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 08:20 PM

*Half-way through my bottle of Corona the bar tender places two food baskets in front of me as he returns with my Mozzarella Sticks and BBQ Wings.  By now the band that was on stage is playing their final song and I am a bit thankful for that as I didn't think they were all that good.  Well, at least the drummer was kinda cute even if he's probably seven years younger than me but I couldn't really say for sure if that was fact.*

'Thanks'

'Let me know if you need anything else'

'Sure'

*Thanking the bar tender for the food I take a quick drink of my Corona and grab a Mozzarella stick from the basket.  Putting my bottle down I dip the stick in the Marinara Sauce and bring it to my mouth as I take a good bite from it.*

pd201dep.png

Deputy Evelyn Hawke

sar.png

#45 M. Price

M. Price

ERT Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Character Hometown:Santa Fe, New Mexico

Posted 13 July 2016 - 01:50 AM

*Driving through Clinton in my Dodge Stealth on Edgar Road I pull to a stop at a red light on the intersection of Easton Street and the road I'm on.  As I'm stopped I look down the road and see a Tavern on the corner of Park Ave.  It doesn't interest me at first until I feel my stomach rumbling a bit so once the light turns green I take a right turn onto Easton Street.  Coming to another intersection I slow down until I come to a stop and look around to make sure no other cars are coming.  Once I'm sure that I am clear I take a left onto Park Ave and find an empty parking space in front of the Tavern.  Shutting down the Dodge's engine I unbuckle myself from my seat as I open the door and step out of the vehicle as I grab my purse.  Wearing some blue jean shorts, a red t-shirt, and white tennis shoes, I sling my purse over my shoulder as I lock the doors and shut them behind me.  Walking to the entrance of the bar I slip my keys into my purse and head on in as some guy leaving the bar holds the door open to me.  As I walk further in someone stops me and asks for my ID so I quickly reach into my purse and pull it out.  As the man checks it over I pull my hair into a ponytail and take my ID back once he hands it back.*

'Thank you, welcome to Old Guard's Tavern.  Enjoy your stay'

'Thank you'

*Smiling back I put my ID back in my purse as I head up to the bar and sit next to some woman with red hair.  Nodding a hello to her I take a menu to look over it and see what might be good to eat here.'

'Can I get you something to drink?'

*Looking up I see the bar tender looking at me and not caring what I want to drink as long as it's not alcoholic, since I'm driving, I answer back.*

'Just a Diet Coke and I just saw it on the menu but can I get a Philly Cheese Steak with Fries'

'Sure thing'

*As the bar tender leaves to process my order I lean back in my chair thinking how I should have taken up my friend's offer to eat at his place in Crescent Falls.  Then again, knowing him, if I had stayed he would've tried to get me to stay there all night.*

#46 E. Hawke

E. Hawke

Deputy

• Patrol
  • 680 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 02:55 AM

*Half way through my basket of mozzarella sticks I get started on my BBQ wings as I take a wing from the basket and start chewing the poultry off the bone.  In the corner of my eye I notice someone take the chair next to me and I give her a greeting nod back as she greets me with a nod.  Overhearing her order for a Philly Cheese Steak I nearly regret my order; I should have ordered that.  Sighing in my head I pick up my bottle of Corona and drink what's left in it before putting the bottle down.*

'Can I get another Corona?'

*Asking the bartender I see him nod as I pick up another wing from my basket.*

pd201dep.png

Deputy Evelyn Hawke

sar.png

#47 M. Price

M. Price

ERT Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Character Hometown:Santa Fe, New Mexico

Posted 13 July 2016 - 04:59 AM

*Waiting for my food and drink I hear the woman next to me ask for another bottle of beer and then resume eating the wings she has in her basket.  They look tasty, maybe I'll try them the next time I come here, well if I come here again that is.  So far there really isn't much for me in this place except maybe the food whenever I'm in the mood for something greasy.  The TVs here are airing whatever is on ESPN which is currently SportsCenter giving results from today's Olympic Tryouts which kind of interests me though not really.  Though I've continued running to keep in shape, ever since I stopped doing track I've sort of lost most of my interest in the Olympics.  Watching it is just another reminder that I'll never get to compete in them.  So as I turn my gaze away from the TV I look around at the room where I see an empty booth back in the corner of the room.  Well, no sense staying at the bar I guess.  Getting up from my chair the bartender comes with my Diet Coke.*

'Here's your drink'

'Thanks, I'm going to take that booth over there.  If that's okay'

*As I point to it I see the bartender nod and hear him respond*

'Sure, that's fine'

*Smiling I grab my purse, slinging it over my shoulder again, as I take my Diet Coke and walk over to the booth.  Putting my drink down on the table I then slide into seats and let my purse slide off my shoulder and rest on the cushioned spot next to me.*

#48 E. Hawke

E. Hawke

Deputy

• Patrol
  • 680 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 10:33 AM

*As the blonde leaves to go to a booth the bartender brings me my second bottle of Corona.  Taking the beer from him I immediately take a drink from it and put the bottle down on the counter.  Taking some more Mozzarella sticks from my basket I resume finishing them off as I contemplate leaving.  The night has been alright so far but if I were to be honest it's been kind of boring so it hasn't been that much fun.  Not wanting to head home, however, I just think of where I can go next as I finish off my Mozzarella sticks.  Washing the last bits down with another drink of my beer I look at my wings as some guy sits next to me in the seat that was vacated by the girl who was just there moments ago.*

'Screw me if I'm wrong, but haven't I met you before?'

*Well that's one I haven't heard before, I think to myself as I put down my Corona and turn my head towards the guy.  Now looking at him he's not bad looking at all.  He looks a bit tall, scrawny with a bit of muscle, not too much facial hair, and nice green eyes with brown hair.  Unfortunately for him, he looks a bit too young for me and he should have used a different pick up line.*

'Yeah, I'm pretty sure I've pulled you over for speeding a couple months back.'

*Recalling that stop in my head I can hear him mumbling about how his pick up line attempt failed.*

'Yeah, nice try, but here's a consolation prize.'

*Pushing my basket of BBQ wings his way I grab my purse and sling it on my shoulder as I get up from my seat*

'You can finish these off.'

'Uhh, thanks, you look completely different out of uniform by the way.'

*Not wanting to really respond to that I grab my Corona and just smile back at him as I make my way to the back of the tavern.  Coming to a stop a couple feet from the dance floor, which is really just a slightly open area before the stage, I watch as the next band comes up and gets ready to play.*

pd201dep.png

Deputy Evelyn Hawke

sar.png

#49 E. Hawke

E. Hawke

Deputy

• Patrol
  • 680 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 02:41 AM

*With my legs crossed I stay seated at the bar slouching a bit in a light brown turtle neck sweater and blue jeans tucked into a pair of black thigh high boots with 5 inch heels.  Airing on the TV is a late night college football game but I'm not paying attention to it as I'm busy working on the basket of BBQ Wings in front of me.  In my hand is a half of a bottle of Corona, my third one of the night, it hasn't been a good day or week for me and I'm just needing this drink.  Suppose I should have known something was up with Wayne after we barely talked much with each other over September; starting from when he went to go pick up his daughter.  Never would have guessed he'd be getting back with his daughter's mother and transferring jobs to Mass though.  Taking another sip of my Corona I guess it's just another strike for me in the love department and I'm almost starting to feel tipsy.*

pd201dep.png

Deputy Evelyn Hawke

sar.png

#50 Z. Russo

Z. Russo

Captain

• Administrators

• 2,730 posts
  • Character Hometown:Brooklyn, NY

Posted 23 October 2018 - 11:13 AM

*After a particularly long meeting with the chief of school safety for Fort Shannon I'm driving my truck home. And I pass by the old guards tavern. Feeling a little hungry after my meeting I decide to have a meal and a beer. I stop in and sit at the bar, looking at the beer menu I pick an Oktoberfest brewed locally along with a plate of wings. I sip on my beer and eat the wings as I watch some shitty movie on TV. Even though this is relatively mundane I felt like I needed it. Just a few minutes of just enjoying a beer and some wings.*

pd400cpt.png

Captain Zach Russo

Sheriff Duty Officer (400)

phoxlindattacks.png

excellence.pngmoy2015.pngplat.png

edu1.pnglife.pngservice4.png

emt.pngsar.png

#51 E. Hawke

E. Hawke

Deputy

• Patrol
  • 680 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 03:52 AM

*With my shift over and having spent a couple hours at home changing, taking care of my dog, having dinner, and surfing the channels on TV I decide to get out of my house.  Arriving at the tavern after parking my car I head inside wearing a jean mini-skirt, black tights, a black sweater under my leather jacket, and a new pair of black ankle high heeled boots.  Taking a seat at the bar I note that one of the TVs is airing a terrible movie and the other has the baseball game.  Neither option is of interest to me as I order a Corona, some wings and onion rings.*

pd201dep.png

Deputy Evelyn Hawke

sar.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users