105 replies to this topic

#101 N. LeBlanc

N. LeBlanc

Lieutenant

• Commissioned Fire

• 3,605 posts
  • Character Hometown:Home

Posted 26 December 2017 - 01:03 AM

*After a while of people socializing, I see that it’s nine, so I guess I’ll make my speech.  I sigh and walk over to the corner of the room and my chair.  I climb up and take a breath before I raise my voice to get everyone’s attention.*

‘Guys and gals, it’s been a bit of an up and down year.  We lost some good people this year, some for a short time and others…  Permanently.  We had some retirements, but we also lost Isaiah Greene in the Sheriff’s Department.  Let’s remember him and his family this Christmas.’

*I wait for a few seconds before continuing.*

‘To the people who have been here for a while, and to those who are new here.  Thank you.’

‘We’ve all met new people this year.  From the fire department, Joe Rodriguez, and Logan Sparks in EMS, and on the fire side, Aaron Garbus.  We also saw a few new doctors like Dr. Braun, Dr. Messerschmitt, and Dr. Grant along with the return of Frank Garcia.  The shierrifs also grew this year.  Detective Eric Morris, Deputies Dan Johnson, Matthew Watson, Jose Simmon, Shane Peck, and our dispatcher Mike Galligano’s son Mike Galligano III.  Thanks to all of you guys, and thanks to all of you older guys.’

*I wait for a few seconds while some of the guys pat the newer guys on the back before I continue.*

‘I know that you guys are just waiting for me to stop talking, but we got all of you guys a gift, in addition to the wonderful food.  Thank you again guys and gals.  Merry Christmas!’

*I step down from the chair and head over to the gifts and the food tables.  I fix myself another plate and just make sure that everyone takes the right gift.  Same wrapping as normal: red packages for fire, blue for PD, and orange for EMS.  As the gifts disappear, I watch around the room as the people start to open up their packages, leaving me to gage their reactions.*

nleblanc1126.png

e11lt.png
Lieutenant Nicholas LeBlanc, Paramedic, Search and Rescue, HazMat, Diver

Squad 7

service4.pngedu1.png

"You might be a firefighter if your entire wardrobe is t-shirts your friends gave you from their

departments for your birthday, Christmas, anniversary, etc."

-Unknown

"If Prometheus was worthy of the wrath of heaven for kindling the first fire upon earth, how

ought all the gods honor the men who make it their professional business to put it out?"

- John Godfrey Saxe

#102 B Case

B Case

Shift Commander

• Administrators

• 809 posts
  • Character Hometown:Small town USA

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:47 PM

*I pull into the back parking lot of the station and put my truck in neutral. I set the parking brake, shut off the engine and hop out. I take my right index finger and fling the wad of chew that's in my lip over into the bushes. I walk around and open the back door of my truck and pull out my freshly cleaned and dry pressed uniforms. Holding them in my right hand I sling my gym back over my shoulder with my left and close the door with my hips. I walk in the open back door and up the stairs to my office. I reach in the pocket of my department sweat pants and pull out my keys. Opening the door I drop my gym bag in the chair in front of my desk and walk over to my wall closet and unlock the pad lock on the doors. I hang my uniforms up in the locker and I close the doors leaving it unlocked. I pull the blinds up on my office door and shut and lock it as I walk out leaving the lights on so people know im here just not in my office. I walk into the kitchen and to the cabinets, grabbing a glass down I fill it with ice and top it off with water from the fridge. I take a seat at the head of the table and start thumbing through today's paper.*

bcase1173.png

s22cpt.png

Captain Bruce Case

Shift Commander (Shift-22)

FF, PM, HAZMAT

pm.pnghazmat.png

Medal of Valor, Phoxlind Attacks

#103 L. Sparks

L. Sparks

Paramedic

• EMS
  • 69 posts
  • Character Hometown:Los Angeles, CA

Posted 17 October 2018 - 12:00 AM

M1 Crew Quarters Room - Around shift change:

*I'm fast asleep in bed, covered almost completely with my LA Rams themed fleece blanket. The room is completely dark, with only the faint rays of light seeping through from under the door. The air contains only the soft sounds of my light snoring that 22 hours of exhaustion has forced out of me. I'm warm, comfortable, and relieved that I've finally gotten more than an hour sleep so far.

My phone alarm remains silent. It was not set; For I have another 24 hours still to go. My overtime shift came and went; My partner from the previous shift has already silently snuck out of the room and has presumably gone home.

The noises out in the hallway increase as the station comes to life, but I don't care. All I care about is sleep, and the soul-soothing peace it brings me.*

mpm.png

Paramedic Logan Sparks

Medic - 1

#104 E. Sjostrom

E. Sjostrom

EMT

• EMS
  • 810 posts
  • Character Hometown:Washington D.C.

Posted 30 October 2018 - 06:19 AM

*Placing the little caesers on the coffee table I take a seat on the couch and open up the box.  Grabbing a slice of pizza I take a bite and sit back being a little annoyed that M1 took over.  Perhaps I didn't think it after the first sugar level reading that was wrong but after the second reading I kind of felt that we could have handled things.  Well, perhaps not too but until I'm told that M1 had to jump in that's how I'm going to feel.  Finishing up with the first slice I grab another and turn on the TV.  Changing the channel to the Mustangs game I think about how I do not like this job at times.  Which makes me wonder why I wanted to do this in the first place.  Well that answer is simple: I look up to my mom too much and while I wanted a medical job I didn't want to be a nurse like her.  Wanting to join the military to be like my dad and older brother possibly also helped me to come to this decision.  My thoughts are interrupted my my cell phone ringing; it's from my sister.*

'Hey sis, how's Boston College?'

'It's... no, Erika, help, I'm in trouble?'

*As Kalina says those words I sit up and put down what's left of my slice?*

'Ok, what's wrong?  Is someone attacking you?'

'No, not that.  Look, umm, so.. congrats you're going to be an aunt, I'm pregnant'

'Ok...'

'and I don't know who the father is...'

'Kalina... yeah, you're right...  mom is going to kill you and dad is going to figure out who knocked you up and kill him.'

*Putting my palm on my forehead cause I know how this going to go down.  Mom and dad really gave me a talking to when I was pregnant with Eliska however they weren't that harsh considering I knew the child was Martin's.  It took awhile and Martin got punched but they eventually came around.  However, if Kalina doesn't know who the father is this is going to be worse and I'm sure that I'm going to get a talking to as well because my parents think she looks up to me.*

'So, considering you said I'm going to be an aunt.  You're keeping it?'

'Yes, no, I don't know yet.'

'Okay, well, figure that out first then.  If you decide to keep it I'll be there with you when you tell mom and dad.  If you decide on not keeping it then it's your choice on whether to tell them or not.'

'Yeah, okay'

'So decide on that first then call me again.  I'm in the middle of downtime but I am at work'

'Okay, I'll call you again later'

'Ok, later and take care.  Think things through'

*Hearing the phone disconnect I wonder if I handled that well or not.  I'm not that good at giving advice even to family that I love.  Picking up the slice of pizza I put down, I go back to watching the game just as the Mustang's player at bat hits a Grand Slam to make the game 10-9 in the bottom of the 7th.*

memt.png

EMT Erika Sjostrom

Medic 3

#105 L. Sparks

L. Sparks

Paramedic

• EMS
  • 69 posts
  • Character Hometown:Los Angeles, CA

Posted 30 October 2018 - 09:13 PM

*Breslin & I get back to the station. As soon as we park, I jump out of the rig and run up to my bunk room. I place my 7-11 Coffee and pre-made sandwich on the bed side table and grab my duffle bag. I quickly proceed out to the bathroom and take a fast shower. Showering while available is always a risky procedure. It's 100% necessary while on a 48, but if you get a call mid-latehr....good luck. I guess I like living dangerously. My shower is quick and efficient. It would have made a navy submarine crew proud. I get out, dry off and put on a new uniform. Now that I'm at least dressed, I proceed to take my time. I get a good shave in (not like I grow facial hair all that quickly), a good teeth scrubbing, and I;m done. Amazing! No call yet.*

*I proceed back to my bunk room, all refreshed and ready to take on the rest of the day. I put my duffle bag away and pick up my coffee and sandwich right where I left them. I then proceed out to the living area. There I see Sjostrom watching the ball game. I take a seat at the table and start in on my sandwich.*

'What's the score?' I ask.

I can sense a little tension.

'Hey so I'm sorry about that call. We probably should have just let you do everything, but Breslin had a hair up her ass...she didn't think we needed to be there and all that...you know how she gets sometimes.'

'it was just quicker for us to deal with it. You had an equipment malfunction, shit happens, us just taking over because of that wasn't right, so yea...I apologize. That's on me. Those are the kinds of calls we should let you guys shine on.'

mpm.png

Paramedic Logan Sparks

Medic - 1

#106 E. Sjostrom

E. Sjostrom

EMT

• EMS
  • 810 posts
  • Character Hometown:Washington D.C.

Posted 30 October 2018 - 10:33 PM

*Starting on my third slice when Sparks comes out and asks about the game as well as to apologize for the call earlier.*

'Burton just hit a grand slam so now it's 10-9 Mustangs in the bottom of the 7th.  There's another runner on 1st but there's now 2 outs.'

*Taking a good sized bite of pizza I chew it up quickly but carefully before swallowing.*

'Also, It's fine, sure I'm a little annoyed but If our machine was right and she really was that low I would've preferred you taking over.  So, I'll get over it before the night is over.'

*Going back to eating my pizza I watch the game as the batter strikes out and the TV cuts to commercials before the 8th inning starts.*

memt.png

EMT Erika Sjostrom

Medic 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users