116 replies to this topic

#101 N. LeBlanc

N. LeBlanc

Captain

• Administrators

• 3,640 posts
  • Character Hometown:Home

Posted 26 December 2017 - 01:03 AM

*After a while of people socializing, I see that it’s nine, so I guess I’ll make my speech.  I sigh and walk over to the corner of the room and my chair.  I climb up and take a breath before I raise my voice to get everyone’s attention.*

‘Guys and gals, it’s been a bit of an up and down year.  We lost some good people this year, some for a short time and others…  Permanently.  We had some retirements, but we also lost Isaiah Greene in the Sheriff’s Department.  Let’s remember him and his family this Christmas.’

*I wait for a few seconds before continuing.*

‘To the people who have been here for a while, and to those who are new here.  Thank you.’

‘We’ve all met new people this year.  From the fire department, Joe Rodriguez, and Logan Sparks in EMS, and on the fire side, Aaron Garbus.  We also saw a few new doctors like Dr. Braun, Dr. Messerschmitt, and Dr. Grant along with the return of Frank Garcia.  The shierrifs also grew this year.  Detective Eric Morris, Deputies Dan Johnson, Matthew Watson, Jose Simmon, Shane Peck, and our dispatcher Mike Galligano’s son Mike Galligano III.  Thanks to all of you guys, and thanks to all of you older guys.’

*I wait for a few seconds while some of the guys pat the newer guys on the back before I continue.*

‘I know that you guys are just waiting for me to stop talking, but we got all of you guys a gift, in addition to the wonderful food.  Thank you again guys and gals.  Merry Christmas!’

*I step down from the chair and head over to the gifts and the food tables.  I fix myself another plate and just make sure that everyone takes the right gift.  Same wrapping as normal: red packages for fire, blue for PD, and orange for EMS.  As the gifts disappear, I watch around the room as the people start to open up their packages, leaving me to gage their reactions.*

nleblanc1126.png

Captain Nicholas LeBlanc, Paramedic, Search and Rescue, HazMat, Diver

Squad 7

service4.pngedu1.png

"You might be a firefighter if your entire wardrobe is t-shirts your friends gave you from their

departments for your birthday, Christmas, anniversary, etc."

-Unknown

"If Prometheus was worthy of the wrath of heaven for kindling the first fire upon earth, how

ought all the gods honor the men who make it their professional business to put it out?"

- John Godfrey Saxe

#102 B Case

B Case

Shift Commander

• Administrators

• 809 posts
  • Character Hometown:Small town USA

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:47 PM

*I pull into the back parking lot of the station and put my truck in neutral. I set the parking brake, shut off the engine and hop out. I take my right index finger and fling the wad of chew that's in my lip over into the bushes. I walk around and open the back door of my truck and pull out my freshly cleaned and dry pressed uniforms. Holding them in my right hand I sling my gym back over my shoulder with my left and close the door with my hips. I walk in the open back door and up the stairs to my office. I reach in the pocket of my department sweat pants and pull out my keys. Opening the door I drop my gym bag in the chair in front of my desk and walk over to my wall closet and unlock the pad lock on the doors. I hang my uniforms up in the locker and I close the doors leaving it unlocked. I pull the blinds up on my office door and shut and lock it as I walk out leaving the lights on so people know im here just not in my office. I walk into the kitchen and to the cabinets, grabbing a glass down I fill it with ice and top it off with water from the fridge. I take a seat at the head of the table and start thumbing through today's paper.*

bcase1173.png

s22cpt.png

Captain Bruce Case

Shift Commander (Shift-22)

FF, PM, HAZMAT

pm.pnghazmat.png

Medal of Valor, Phoxlind Attacks

#103 L. Sparks

L. Sparks

Paramedic

• EMS
  • 71 posts
  • Character Hometown:Los Angeles, CA

Posted 17 October 2018 - 12:00 AM

M1 Crew Quarters Room - Around shift change:

*I'm fast asleep in bed, covered almost completely with my LA Rams themed fleece blanket. The room is completely dark, with only the faint rays of light seeping through from under the door. The air contains only the soft sounds of my light snoring that 22 hours of exhaustion has forced out of me. I'm warm, comfortable, and relieved that I've finally gotten more than an hour sleep so far.

My phone alarm remains silent. It was not set; For I have another 24 hours still to go. My overtime shift came and went; My partner from the previous shift has already silently snuck out of the room and has presumably gone home.

The noises out in the hallway increase as the station comes to life, but I don't care. All I care about is sleep, and the soul-soothing peace it brings me.*

mpm.png

Paramedic Logan Sparks

Medic - 1

#104 E. Sjostrom

E. Sjostrom

EMT

• EMS
  • 818 posts
  • Character Hometown:Washington D.C.

Posted 30 October 2018 - 06:19 AM

*Placing the little caesers on the coffee table I take a seat on the couch and open up the box.  Grabbing a slice of pizza I take a bite and sit back being a little annoyed that M1 took over.  Perhaps I didn't think it after the first sugar level reading that was wrong but after the second reading I kind of felt that we could have handled things.  Well, perhaps not too but until I'm told that M1 had to jump in that's how I'm going to feel.  Finishing up with the first slice I grab another and turn on the TV.  Changing the channel to the Mustangs game I think about how I do not like this job at times.  Which makes me wonder why I wanted to do this in the first place.  Well that answer is simple: I look up to my mom too much and while I wanted a medical job I didn't want to be a nurse like her.  Wanting to join the military to be like my dad and older brother possibly also helped me to come to this decision.  My thoughts are interrupted my my cell phone ringing; it's from my sister.*

'Hey sis, how's Boston College?'

'It's... no, Erika, help, I'm in trouble?'

*As Kalina says those words I sit up and put down what's left of my slice?*

'Ok, what's wrong?  Is someone attacking you?'

'No, not that.  Look, umm, so.. congrats you're going to be an aunt, I'm pregnant'

'Ok...'

'and I don't know who the father is...'

'Kalina... yeah, you're right...  mom is going to kill you and dad is going to figure out who knocked you up and kill him.'

*Putting my palm on my forehead cause I know how this going to go down.  Mom and dad really gave me a talking to when I was pregnant with Eliska however they weren't that harsh considering I knew the child was Martin's.  It took awhile and Martin got punched but they eventually came around.  However, if Kalina doesn't know who the father is this is going to be worse and I'm sure that I'm going to get a talking to as well because my parents think she looks up to me.*

'So, considering you said I'm going to be an aunt.  You're keeping it?'

'Yes, no, I don't know yet.'

'Okay, well, figure that out first then.  If you decide to keep it I'll be there with you when you tell mom and dad.  If you decide on not keeping it then it's your choice on whether to tell them or not.'

'Yeah, okay'

'So decide on that first then call me again.  I'm in the middle of downtime but I am at work'

'Okay, I'll call you again later'

'Ok, later and take care.  Think things through'

*Hearing the phone disconnect I wonder if I handled that well or not.  I'm not that good at giving advice even to family that I love.  Picking up the slice of pizza I put down, I go back to watching the game just as the Mustang's player at bat hits a Grand Slam to make the game 10-9 in the bottom of the 7th.*

memt.png

EMT Erika Sjostrom

Medic 3

#105 L. Sparks

L. Sparks

Paramedic

• EMS
  • 71 posts
  • Character Hometown:Los Angeles, CA

Posted 30 October 2018 - 09:13 PM

*Breslin & I get back to the station. As soon as we park, I jump out of the rig and run up to my bunk room. I place my 7-11 Coffee and pre-made sandwich on the bed side table and grab my duffle bag. I quickly proceed out to the bathroom and take a fast shower. Showering while available is always a risky procedure. It's 100% necessary while on a 48, but if you get a call mid-latehr....good luck. I guess I like living dangerously. My shower is quick and efficient. It would have made a navy submarine crew proud. I get out, dry off and put on a new uniform. Now that I'm at least dressed, I proceed to take my time. I get a good shave in (not like I grow facial hair all that quickly), a good teeth scrubbing, and I;m done. Amazing! No call yet.*

*I proceed back to my bunk room, all refreshed and ready to take on the rest of the day. I put my duffle bag away and pick up my coffee and sandwich right where I left them. I then proceed out to the living area. There I see Sjostrom watching the ball game. I take a seat at the table and start in on my sandwich.*

'What's the score?' I ask.

I can sense a little tension.

'Hey so I'm sorry about that call. We probably should have just let you do everything, but Breslin had a hair up her ass...she didn't think we needed to be there and all that...you know how she gets sometimes.'

'it was just quicker for us to deal with it. You had an equipment malfunction, shit happens, us just taking over because of that wasn't right, so yea...I apologize. That's on me. Those are the kinds of calls we should let you guys shine on.'

mpm.png

Paramedic Logan Sparks

Medic - 1

#106 E. Sjostrom

E. Sjostrom

EMT

• EMS
  • 818 posts
  • Character Hometown:Washington D.C.

Posted 30 October 2018 - 10:33 PM

*Starting on my third slice when Sparks comes out and asks about the game as well as to apologize for the call earlier.*

'Burton just hit a grand slam so now it's 10-9 Mustangs in the bottom of the 7th.  There's another runner on 1st but there's now 2 outs.'

*Taking a good sized bite of pizza I chew it up quickly but carefully before swallowing.*

'Also, It's fine, sure I'm a little annoyed but If our machine was right and she really was that low I would've preferred you taking over.  So, I'll get over it before the night is over.'

*Going back to eating my pizza I watch the game as the batter strikes out and the TV cuts to commercials before the 8th inning starts.*

memt.png

EMT Erika Sjostrom

Medic 3

#107 N. LeBlanc

N. LeBlanc

Captain

• Administrators

• 3,640 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 03:36 PM

*I look at the now decorated dayroom.  Pretty much the same decorations as last year, with some new stuff of course.  But I mean you left decorating to a bunch of firemen.  You couldn't have expected much.  I look back at the door setup in the kitchen as I wait on everyone else to show up.  I know that the rest of my family are coming over in like 15 minutes, but people have always been known to show up early.  Between setting all of the food up, the gifts for everyone, and of the decorations, it's always a big job.  After working for a few hours though, it's about done.  I'm sure that we'll have a good amount of people show up, but this is always a little of a strange time while waiting for everyone.*

nleblanc1126.png

Squad 7

service4.pngedu1.png

"You might be a firefighter if your entire wardrobe is t-shirts your friends gave you from their

-Unknown

"If Prometheus was worthy of the wrath of heaven for kindling the first fire upon earth, how

ought all the gods honor the men who make it their professional business to put it out?"

- John Godfrey Saxe

#108 H. LeBlanc

H. LeBlanc

Sergeant

• Commissioned Police

• 1,221 posts
  • Character Hometown:Greenville, South Carolina

Posted 23 December 2018 - 12:58 AM

*I pull in with Julianna and I park behind the fire house in an open spot.  Since they've reorganized the fire department, it's been a whole lot easier to find parking.  At least this year I don't have to do as much.  Granted, I haven't really had to deal with an infant before.  I turn the car off as Kyle heads down and opens up my trunk where he starts grabbing drinks.  I get out of the car and I open up the back door.  I unstrap Julianna from her car seat and I take her out of the car before I lock the car and walk in with Kyle to the fire house.  I head up the bay steps and then up into the living area where I meet Nick.  I try to help out, but most of his guys have everything done for me already.  Nick takes Julianna from me for a few minutes while I sit down in one of the recliners and try to get a rest.  Between doing everything for her, everything for Christmas, and trying to keep working has been a challenge to say the least.  As some of the guys walk past, I muster a smile.*

'Merry Christmas y'all.'

*I lean back in the recliner for a few minutes before I decide that I have to get up before the rest of the people come in.  They should be coming in any time now.  I just need to actually stand up now.*

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Sergeant Hailey LeBlanc

Field Training Officer

#109 J.Patterson

J.Patterson

Sergeant

• Commissioned Police

• 764 posts
  • LocationPawtucket Rhode Island
  • Character Hometown:Portland Maine

Posted 23 December 2018 - 02:23 AM

'you look good,Amb, you.figured wed try to actually be  the couple we married as' * i saw to silence as i ease my brand new trailhawk edition jeep compass into fires parking lot'  the past year or so  while we each had our own lifes of sorts i hadent really been much of a husband,nor has she a wife so it feels strange actually wearing my wedding ring for a change  4 years infact i think to myself as i put my new truck in park*

Amber: 'im trying to make us work jay can we not be awkward anymore then  this is weve not even shared the same bed in two plus years nevermind the same car'

* i mentally kick myself knowing i coulda chose my words better* 'sorry baby,i visited you when i could Montana is a bit far from the county,and you dident wanna stay after you retired,can we just have a nice time out for once" * i ask sorta pleading as i move to step outta my jeep still shocked she even decided to come along nevermind  her wanting to possibly live together again i had thought she had walked but i guess i know why i never got divorce papers

Amber: 'yeah,when you werent working yourself to death or volunteering for deployments' * she says it hurts but i know she has a point

'babe,*i start* i told you,im done come tours end the new year and imnot re upping,my days in the guard are behind me,im patrol supervisor for the sheriffs,might also possibly get a dog again, hell might even give the whole being a father thing a shot'

*that comment stops her mid stride and she turns surprise on her face 'Jason,Andrew Patterson...,you shitting me  Staff Sergeant?' *  i smile electing ill play along with her use of my rank and full name* 'No ma'am.im not Lieutenant,you want kids,want us to work the n lets do it..lets work' * i reply  tacking on her rank at the end she had retired as an officer,whereas i stayed enlisted retiring as a staff sergeant in the Army and will leave as one when im outta the National Guard,i move to kiss her hoping i dont get slapped 'im serious,baby..sense i left New York,and sense we had legally seperated ive been thinking..about you,hell still keep a picture of you on me when im on patrol,kiss it every time i go into a shootout n such,circumstances permitting i love you Amber' * i go to say more but her returning the kiss stops me the passion behind it telling me weve still got our fire she breaks it speaking* 'love you too jay..,now lets go meet your co workers lest we get funny looks we can finish the mushy stuff later you know i hate it'

* i chuckle and nod hooking an arm in hers and move into the firehouse leading her up to where the dinner is* "hey everybody,id like yall to meet my wife,Amber'* i say as the guys look at the strawberry blonde  ive got my arm around shocked as they all figured she was my ex and that i was single 'i know i know i act single but me and Amb  had separated,its something ill explain another time if you guys are curious' * she smiles  as i resume "jess,this is Nick,and Hailey Leblanc,Haileys a sergeant in the sheriffs like i am and Nick here's a lieutenant with county fire'

pd220sgt.png

Patrol Supervisior-Sergeant Jason Patterson

FTO.jpg

sar.pngMotor%20officer.png

#110 N. LeBlanc

N. LeBlanc

Captain

• Administrators

• 3,640 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 08:26 AM

*I smile as my family walks in.  I give Hailey a hug and I take Julianna from her.  She's relatively quiet for now, so that's good, but I'm sure that she won't stay that way.  Ironically, the only good sleep that I've gotten for the past few months has been at the firehouse, where I never get a good night's sleep.  I see Hailey take a seat down on the recliner and lean back.  I'm sure that she's tired.  Hell we all are.  I've been swamped with work and trying to get projects done before the end of the year.  Between meetings with the fire department with the training academy, the SOC people, and God only knows how many chiefs.  I've been working on some new fire dynamics classes for the guys, not to mention hours of hydraulics research and standpipe protocols.  It's been a tough few months, but now it's hopefully time to relax.  I walk around the room with Julianna resting against my shoulder.  She's been going through colic, but she's sleeping for now.  Hopefully she'll stay sleeping for a bit, but I doubt it.  I really feel sorry for Hailey having to be home with her for the last few days.  I soon feel my phone buzz in my pocket with a text.  I debate opening it up or not, but as I soon hear laughter from the rest of the guys before someone shows me the picture.  It's a side by side picture of Kyle and Hailey both sitting down in the same recliner with the caption reading something along the lines of the LeBlanc chair or the driver charger.  I shake my head and mouth an obsenity to Garbus since I know that he's the one who sent it and he starts to stifle a laugh.  As Patterson and a woman walks in, he introduces her as his wife.  I raise an eyebrow and then walk over to her.*

'It's nice to meet you, Amber.  Welcome to our firehouse.  Jay's told us a lot about you.'

*I would shake her hand, but I'm trying to hold Julianna since I don't want her to start crying.  Only knowing the book information behind colic, I know that she's definitely in pain, but it's definitely something different when it's your own child.  After Jay introduces us, I smile again and glance over to Hailey.*

'Sorry, you'll have to excuse my wife.  We just had Julianna here and she's been going through colic for the last few days.'

nleblanc1126.png

Squad 7

service4.pngedu1.png

-Unknown

- John Godfrey Saxe

#111 J.Patterson

J.Patterson

Sergeant

• Commissioned Police

• 764 posts
  • LocationPawtucket Rhode Island
  • Character Hometown:Portland Maine

Posted 23 December 2018 - 07:16 PM

* she gave me an oh really now look and i nodded acknowledging her silent question * 'all good things babe' * i said as she nodded speaking*

Amber: nice to meet you,your daughters beautiful,jay and i are thinking of starting a family,when i finalize everything anyway' *she shot me  yet another look continuing* 'Babe,werent you looking for a new place anyway,sucks your probably gonna have to sell your truck' *i couldn't tell if she was joking or not but i also knew her father had recently passed and her family was trying to take her part of the will money which she had said shed spend to get a place if i was serious about everything,locking eye contact the playful smirk following her comment eased my mind,sure it was just a car and my own fault i beat the tar outta my old cherokee but i was kinda getting attached to my  new jeep so the comment stung a bit more then it should of* 'One thing at a time Amb sort your inheritance crap out,your the one that said you'ed buy the house if i didn't buy a Camaro and Left the Military' i smiled kissing her then looked back at Halley and Nick* 'wheres the rest of the guys?' *she punched my shoulder albeit playfully* 'I said id help with my discharge pay,Armys still paying the rest of my contract id still have a bit over a year  had i not of been hurt and i already said some what i get from dads will go to it, Sergeant smart ass' *  i kissed her stopping her mid sentence,we could hash this stuff out later*

pd220sgt.png

Patrol Supervisior-Sergeant Jason Patterson

FTO.jpg

sar.pngMotor%20officer.png

#112 H. LeBlanc

H. LeBlanc

Sergeant

• Commissioned Police

• 1,221 posts
  • Character Hometown:Greenville, South Carolina

Posted 26 December 2018 - 09:22 AM

*As people start to show up, I take a deep breath and I sit up in the recliner and I kick up the chair as I stand up.  I guess I really needed that.  I smile as I see Jay and apparently his wife, Amber.  I then look over and I see Nick with Julianna still, so I head over to him as Patterson and his wife start talking about financial and personal stuff.  Nick and I don't say much, and nor do the rest of the guys.  As Jason kisses his wife to end their discussion, I quickly try to change the subject by talking about what Jason was asking about where everyone is.*

'Don't know.  That's a good question.  I guess everyone's out doing their thing.'

*I point to Nick and the guys.*

'At least we got you guys here.  For now at least.'

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Sergeant Hailey LeBlanc

Field Training Officer

#113 N. LeBlanc

N. LeBlanc

Captain

• Administrators

• 3,640 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 02:53 AM

*I grab some of the stuff from my office and I walk up stairs to where some of the guys are waiting for me.*

'All righty gents.  I know that we all smell like shit and want to shower, so I'll make this quick.'

*I adjust some of the papers in my hand as I start talking.*

'All right, so we've got some more changes.  First of all, you guys probably noticed the new turnout gear.  Our stuff is going to the volunteers and we now have tan gear.  Helmets also changed.  They told me that you can still wear your leather from the department if you buy it from them.  I dunno what the reasoning is there, but yeah.  Also, they moved our trucks around and they opened up Station 8 in South Fort Shannon.  They've got Engine 38 and Ladder 38, so yeah.  With that, they changed the numbers of the volley companies, so I'll get that posted in the board down stairs.  Also.'

*I reach down and grab something from the bottom of my stack.*

'Garbus.'

*I throw it at him like a frisbee and he jumps before it hits him in the chest.*

'Let's give a congratulations to now Lieutenant Garbus.  Aaron has done a lot with the new truck and with a lot of the department, so the higher-ups rewarded him.'

*I adjust papers again before I keep going.*

'So you guys are probably wondering what the new truck officer is going to run.  Well, we've got a new truck.  Truck 7.'

*I pass around some of the production papers that they had with Pierce before the truck was delivered.*

'That's right boys.  We're getting a tiller to be Truck 7.  It's the only true Truck Company in the city.  You guys are rolling to support us and the other special service rigs.  You guys truck should be showing up any time now.  So get that in service and get rolling.  As of now, spots are...'

*I pause for a second as I grab my clip board and I walk over to the riding list on the wall.*

'Squad is...  I'm officer, Simmons is driving, Miller backstep, and Cook backstep.  Truck is going to be Garbus is officer, Kyle's driving the tractor, and Dave's driving tiller.  Y'all got anything?'

*While I wait, I mark it up on the riding list.*

Squad 7:

OIC: Cpt. LeBlanc

D/O: Simmon

Backstep: Miller

Backstep: Cook

Truck 7:

OIC: Lt. Garbus

D/O: LeBlanc

Tiller: Valentine

nleblanc1126.png

Squad 7

service4.pngedu1.png

-Unknown

- John Godfrey Saxe

#114 D.Valentine

D.Valentine

Firefighter

• Ladder 1
  • 671 posts
  • Character Hometown:Seekonk,MA

Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:25 PM

* after sorting and stowing my gear respectivly i walk upstairs  and after  nick goes through the meeting  and asks for questions i figure ill applogize in advance * 'ill try to keep the ass end of the new truck as prestine as i can but i aint ever drove a tiller, before saw one once  in LA though,so presumably they cant be that hard to steer' right? '

Firefighter/EMT Dave Valentine, , Search and Rescue

Truck 7

sar.png

#115 N. LeBlanc

N. LeBlanc

Captain

• Administrators

• 3,640 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:26 PM

*As Dave asks about steering the tiller, I chuckle.*

'Well first of all, Aaron, you're screwed.'

*We all chuckle before I look to Dave.*

'All right, you're correct.  It's not that hard to steer.  Just when you guys need to clear a tight turn, you're going to turn.  Otherwise, you don't.  But when you turn, you are turning the rear axle, so turn in the opposite direction of the truck.  So if you are turning the truck left, you need to kick the back end out to the right.  But we'll have a training on it later on.'

nleblanc1126.png

Squad 7

service4.pngedu1.png

-Unknown

- John Godfrey Saxe

#116 A.garbus

A.garbus

Lieutenant

• Commissioned Fire

• 125 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC
  • Character Hometown:Matthews, NC

Posted 14 February 2019 - 03:36 AM

*i look at Nick*

'well shit, sounds like it'

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Lieutenant Aaron Garbus, EMT, Search and Rescue, Hazmat

Truck 7

"One day, you will be old, you will be frail, and you will be slow.

​Someone will ask you; "What did you do in your day? What did you do in your prime?

​When you were young and strong and fast?" You will tell them you were a fireman; and

​when the day is done, and the page is turned, that will be enough." FDNY Captain

“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets,

nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle.

Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.” Heraclitus

#117 L. Cook

L. Cook

Probationary Firefighter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Character Hometown:Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Posted 14 February 2019 - 04:08 AM

*After swapping out my gear I head up to the living room to hear the announcements LeBlanc is giving.  Noting the assignment changes I have no questions and head off to wash dishes, clean the bathroom, or something else that'd be useful.*

Probationary Firefighter Landon Cook

Squad 7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users