217 replies to this topic

#201 E. Morris

E. Morris

Detective

• Detective Branch
  • 44 posts
  • Character Hometown:Denver, Colorado

Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:05 PM

'Sounds like the beginning of a plan there.  Though best bet if we're going to get info off of college kids is to probably go to Crescent Falls and do some eaves dropping at one of the food joints there.'

*Feeling a bit cold I turn up the heat on the AC unit.*

'Granted I admit it's a long shot but they're guards would be down and more open to talk about illegal drugs in the open with friends in a place they felt was home, right?'

pd301det.png

Detective Emily Morris

#202 J.Patterson

J.Patterson

Sergeant

• Commissioned Police

• 737 posts
  • LocationPawtucket Rhode Island
  • Character Hometown:Portland Maine

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:15 PM

*ater cruiseing around  hjust about everywhere and the radio being somewhat dead   i decide to park up in a speedtrap by medowlark high its two fold im watching for speeders and drunks but im also angled in such a way that maybe ill get lucky and see  any possible drug deals or fights in the allyway by the school ofcourse my main goals monitering traffic but you never know what the county can throw at you*

pd254sig.png

Sergeant Jason Patterson

FTO.jpg

Taser certified

sar.pngMotor%20officer.png

#203 M. Caldwell

M. Caldwell

Deputy

• Patrol
  • 173 posts
  • Character Hometown:Pittsburgh

Posted 24 May 2018 - 11:30 PM

*As we walk downstairs to the car. I try and size him up a bit. Aside from the rookie anxiety he seems on the level, Maybe not someone I would throw in 5 points there first shift, Since this is my trainee I want to see how he is in his own environment before testing him with the ghetto.*

'I'll drive. Midshift depending on how I feel you may take over.'

*We pull out of the station parking lot*

"206 show me available."

'So were going to do traffic in Oxnard. It's not to crazy but I want to get a baseline on you. See what you know, see how you interact with the world around you. that way I know where we need to work on.'

*I switch the second radio in the car to Oxnard PD*

'Any questions'

Deputy Mike Caldwell

pd210dep.png

#204 J. Scott

J. Scott

ERT Member

• Patrol
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:59 AM

As we walk out of the building into the parking lot a thousand thoughts run through my head.

Don't look like an idiot and Don't do anything stupid were chief among them. I've got a lot to live up to.

As we exit into the lot, the bright morning sun sends sharp rays of heat down to my scalp. The Short #2 buzz cut does little to deflect the sun's rays. My eyes burn with the morning sunlight so I reach into my chest pocket and pull out a pair of jet black sunglasses and put them on. I approach the car, place my bag in the trunk, and get in on the passenger side. I take a quick look at myself in the passenger side mirror. God, I look like I'm 16 or 17 right now. I may be 24, but my face often betrays me. I don't think I've ever ordered a beer and not been carded. As long as no one starts calling me Kid or something I think it'll be okay.

Caldwell seems nice enough, but I guess the real test is yet to come.

'That sounds fine sir.' I tell Caldwell as he explains the plan to me.

'No sir. I think I've got everything.' I reply to him as he asks me if there are any questions.

I take a moment to examine the interior of the patrol car. This is definitely nicer than the old retired beaters they had us using at the academy and during patrol school.

As we pull out of the lot, I don't really say much. Less of an opportunity to say something stupid. I take in my surroundings.

Okay Jaydon. Don't fuck this up. You've pissed a lot of people off by being here, so don't do anything stupid to make me regret my decision.

#205 M. Caldwell

M. Caldwell

Deputy

• Patrol
  • 173 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 01:50 AM

*I take the side streets into Oxnard.*

'Oxnard is a great city, school districts great, not a lot of crime. Most the crime is minor property crime or traffic related. Since were in the slicktop chances are were going to make a few traffic stops.'

*The new guy isn't talking much so I'm a bit uncomfortable.*

'So I came from traffic before it got shut down, So I tend to watch out for traffic violations more then most guys. I don't expect you to do the same but you need to know what to look out for and how to make a traffic stop. Traffic stops are one of the most important tools a cop has. The OKC bomber was caught with a traffic stop.'

*I find myself talking to make up for my trainees silence. Deciding to shut up to give him a chance to talk. We sit at a redlight as I notice a woman on her phone screaming at the top of her lungs, The light turns green and as soon as she moves forward I put my hand on the slide switch for the lights.*

'Thats us. I'll be cover your contact'

*As she clears the intersection I pull in behind her and flip the switch to position 3. I use the horn to sound the siren. She quickly pulls over.*

'All yours Jayden.'

Deputy Mike Caldwell

pd210dep.png

#206 J.Patterson

J.Patterson

Sergeant

• Commissioned Police

• 737 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:02 AM

*after parade i head out to where i had parked 254 giving my jeep a once over for my thermos and breakfast sandwhich,which i finish up after i lock my jeep then setting my thermos on the hood of 254 i do my walk around and checks i was just in the truck so its good but why break a habit anymore then i have the checks complete i fire the rig up and log into the MDT then key the radio as i ease outta my spot my thermos firmly in the upholder and my rifle secure in its rack* "dispatch from 254,you can mark me back available  ill be around north Fort Shannon and Oxnard " * i clip the mic back and flip on  a local  classic rock station starting my patrol off to ACDC'S Highway to Hell fiddling with the stereo so i can hear the music but also the county radio*  'heres hoping  i have a nice easy shift' i say to myself as i crack the window*

pd254sig.png

Sergeant Jason Patterson

FTO.jpg

Taser certified

#207 M.Lockheart

M.Lockheart

Deputy

• Patrol
  • 10 posts
  • Character Hometown:St. Louis

Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:20 AM

*Walking out to the parking lot I walk over to 202 and unlock it and throw my duty bag in and make sure everything works once doing my pre-patrol checks I turn the cruiser on and put it into gear and pull out of the station while calling myself inservice*

"202 inservice"

*Setting the mic down I cruise around and look for any traffic violations while waiting for a call*

#208 H. LeBlanc

H. LeBlanc

Sergeant

• Banned

• 1,206 posts
  • Character Hometown:Greenville, South Carolina

Posted 25 May 2018 - 06:11 AM

*I get out of the parade room and I walk down to get my equipment like a radio and my duty rifle.  I bring everything down to my car and I put it on my the hood while I check the car.  Good on gas, good radios, good MDT.  I get up and head to the back of my car where I grab my seat organizer and I put it on my passenger seat.  Next, I get my rifle ready for the shift and then I take a seat in the car.  I start the AM/FM radio and turn it down to just loud enough for me to hear it as I lower my windows.  I back out and key the mic as I head out onto the street.*

"211's available, North Ft. Shannon."

*I hit the roads, looking for an thigh out of the ordinary.  I rub my belly gently.  I haven't been feeling that great this morning, but I'm sure its nothing.  We'll see.*

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Sergeant Hailey LeBlanc

Field Training Officer

#209 J. Scott

J. Scott

ERT Member

• Patrol
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 07:14 AM

Immediately upon hearing 'All yours Jaydon'. My heart starts to race. This is it, the first contact.

'Yes, sir. No problem.' I reply as I get out of the car.

I close the door behind me an walk up to the end of the hood of our squad car and cross over to the drivers side. As I approach I'm watching the driver and taking note of anyone else that may be in the car throguh the back window. Nothing seems unusual. Single driver, female, and I can see her awkwardly trying to hide her phone. The vehicle itself is a red Toyota Carola, relatively new, in pretty prestine condition.

My heart is pounding. 

Okay Jaydon. Just like in patrol school, just like all those simulations. You can do this.

As I near the front window I take a deep breath and calm myself. I approach the window, and as if on cue, it starts to lower. I look at the driver, she makes eye contact with me. I wouldn't have thought it possible until I saw it for myself, but she looked more nervous than I did.

'Good morning ma'am.' I greet her professionally.

'Good morning officer...is...is...there a problem?' she says nervously.

'Yes, I...uh...saw you talking on your cell phone back there at the light...and you can't be doing that. It's real dangerous.' I say calmly.

'I....I....don't know what you're talking about. I wasn't talking on the phone.' she replies nervously. 

'Yes you were ma'am. I distinctly saw you shouting loudly on it while waiting at the red light.' I reply.

She looks surprised, as if her simple denial of the incident should have been enough.

'Can I please see you Driver's license, registration, and proof of insurance please?' I say almost robotically.

'Officer, look I...I can't afford another ticket....' she says trying to reason with me.

I interrupt her: 'what other tickets have you gotten?'

'I got a speeding ticket last week, going 44 in a 30 zone WHICH WASN'T EVEN MARKED.' she's starting to get a little bit agitated.

'Look ma'am, I just need your license, registration, and proof of insurance, please. If you have a problem, and want to fight it, you are more than welcome to fight it in court, but right now I need your information.

'...but I didn't do anything.' She insists.

'Look ma'am, the sooner I get your information, the sooner we can all be on our way. If you want you can fight the charge, but for now, I've got a job to do and I need that information.'

'Fuck..fine.' she says frustrated. She reaches over into her glove box and pulls out a whole wad of papers. She digs through them and pulls out an insurance card and a wrinkled registration paper. She hands them to me angrily.

'There!' she barks as she hands me the papers.

'Your driver's license, ma'am?' I say calmly. As she reaches into her purse and pulls out her wallet, I take a peak at the registration and insurance card. Both appear valid and unexpired. She hands me her ID. 

The ID matches the insurance card and registration. I hand her the insurance card back. 

'Ok ma'am, just hold tight, I'll be back in a moment.' I say to her as I turn and walk back to the car. 'Yea...whatever.' she mutters.

I walk over back to the passenger side of the patrol car and open the door.

I think to myself: Okay. I need to check her for warrants, check the plate, and write this ticket.

'I look over at Caldwell. Did you check the plate already or do I need to do that?' I ask him.

#210 M. Caldwell

M. Caldwell

Deputy

• Patrol
  • 173 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 04:43 AM

*As we step back into the car I fire up the MDT and begin running the plate*

'I'm just wating on a hit back now.'

*As I wait on the DMV result I adjust my sunglasses. I make a whistling noise when the plate comes back*

'She is a terrible driver. One more moving violation and her license is suspended. How many tickets did she say she have?'

*Knowing that Jaydon has already made a critical mistake I decide to tell him after the stop is over. I do want to commend him on keeping his cool when the driver was being difficult*

Deputy Mike Caldwell

pd210dep.png

#211 J. Scott

J. Scott

ERT Member

• Patrol
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 07:15 AM

I'm shocked when I see her driving record. 'Wow.' I say.

'She only mentioned speeding last week.' I replied.

I start typing up the ticket on the computer. I'm not quite used to using the program so I do so pretty slowly, making sure not to make any mistakes.

'To think I was considering a warning. Not now. Maybe it's for the best before she hurts someone.' I say while immersed in figuring out how to write the ticket.

'Can you check this sir, and see if it's okay before I print?' I ask Caldwell.

After I get his approval I submit the citation and it prints out. I take it and open my door. As I get out I say: 'Well, maybe this is the wake-up call she needs'.

I walk over to the driver's side of the car.

'Listen, Officer....I'm...I'm really sorry, it was a stupid mistake and it will never happen again, I Swear. To. God.' She immediately says to me apologetically.

I hand her her license and registration back. She takes it. 'I mean, I really can't afford another ticket. If I get this ticket they're going to take my license away. I'm a single mom and I need this car for work. I'm living paycheck to paycheck, and I really can't afford it. If I can't drive, then I don't have any way to get to work. Please. For my Child's sake, I can't afford this ticket!' She pleads with me desperately.

Somehow, I believe her. I know this ticket will cause her a lot of problems, and will make her seemingly terrible life situation worse. 

Then I remember her driving record. Multiple moving violations within the past year and none of them trivial. She's liable to hurt someone, and that hits me close to home, especially since my mother was killed by an irresponsible driver. I can't let her off the hook. While it may be hard on her in the short term, I'm sure she'll get over it and hopefully learn something from this.

'I'm sorry ma'am, I've already drawn up the ticket, and besides, this isn't the first or even the second traffic offense you've had in the past year.' I say politely.

Her face changes instantly from desperation to anger. 

'ARE YOU FUCKING  KIDDING ME? How the fuck am I going to get to work and feed my baby without a fucking car?' she yells.

'Ma'am I'm sorry, but it is what it is. You are more than welcome to plead your case in court, but other than that I can't help you. I'm sorry.' I say calmly.

'This is fucking bullshit.' She lets out.

'I need you to sign the citation here.' I hand her the ticket. She pauses before taking it, staring at me directly in my sunglasses, then yanks it from my hand angrily. I hand her my pen.

'This is bullshit.' she mutters under her breath as she looks the ticket over.

'As I'm sure you're aware, you are not signing an admission of guilt....it's only an acknowledgement of the court date that's listed. That's the date you can go down to the courthouse and argue your case to the judge.' I explain to her. She's been through this drill many times before so I know she's ignoring me.

'Oh I'll fucking be there' she says as she signs the ticket.

Once she's finished signing, she hands the ticket and my pen back to me. I tear off my copy and hand her hers. Again, she yanks it from my hand. 

'Are we done?' she asks angrily.

'Yes ma'am that's it. Be careful pulling back out into traffic.' I say to her.

She starts to roll up her window and lets out a parting: 'Go fuck yourself.'

'Have a nice day' I say as I smile and turn back around towards the patrol car.

'Well sir, another satisfied customer.' I say to Caldwell as I pass him with a big smile on my face.

#212 M. Caldwell

M. Caldwell

Deputy

• Patrol
  • 173 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 07:51 AM

*Jaydon gets back into the car. Big smile on his face. And for his first stop he didn't do terrible except one major thing.*

'So are you ready for the after action report'

*He nods.*

'If this went south and she had felony warrants out for her or had something seriously illegal in the car and opened up on you. Where would they send help?'

*Before he opens his mouth*

'If this was a 300 pound man who spent the last week smoking PCP and decided to get out and beat the shit out of you how would they know that your making a stop and to keep in touch with you?'

*I tap the radio in the console.*

'Did you forget something?

Deputy Mike Caldwell

pd210dep.png

#213 J. Scott

J. Scott

ERT Member

• Patrol
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 08:11 AM

My smile instantly disappears. My heart sinks,

Goddammit Jaydon. You forgot to call your location....again. You idiot! I think to myself.

I suddenly have a flashback to Patrol School and me getting constantly reminded by the instructors during simulations:

'Did you call it in Scott?', 'That was good, but did you call your location?', 'Scott! Stop right there. You didn't call in the stop. Start again.', 'What's your location Scott?'

Why can't I get that through my damn head? They're all right. If I get knee deep in shit, no one's going to be able to find me.

'Yes sir. I uh....forgot to call my location and the stop before I got out of the car.' I say ashamed.

'It...uh...it won't happen again, sir.' I say. 'No excuses, sir.'

'Yeah, that's right it better not.' I think to myself.

#214 M. Caldwell

M. Caldwell

Deputy

• Patrol
  • 173 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 09:34 AM

'Alright. I Expect you to know for next time, I don't want to see you killed because you got complacent. Get it in your head right now that traffic stops are the most dangerous things you can do.'

*I say very sternly.*

'Aside from that you remained professional. Which is important.'

*Getting cut off by the radios getting busy about something at the school I stop talking and listen*

Deputy Mike Caldwell

pd210dep.png

#215 J. Scott

J. Scott

ERT Member

• Patrol
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 10:50 PM

My eyes go big, luckily the sunglasses hide it. I look directly at Caldwell who looks directly at me as we hear the call go out.

I hear "Stabbing at Meadowlark High School" and automatically think the worst.

It hits me. Holy shit. That not far from us.

'Is think that's us, sir?' I say, ready to roll as soon as I get his acknowledgement.

#216 M. Caldwell

M. Caldwell

Deputy

• Patrol
  • 173 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 12:05 AM

*Hearing that its a stabbing at a school.*

'Fuck.'

*I put the car into gear and hit the button for the siren.*

"Show 206 going 4 minutes out."

'Ok Jaydon, This is going to get really big really fast. Stay close to me theres going to be a shitload of bosses and the media there. Don't fuck up and this may be your chance to shine.'

*I weave through traffic toward the school*

Deputy Mike Caldwell

pd210dep.png

#217 J.Patterson

J.Patterson

Sergeant

• Commissioned Police

• 737 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 01:41 AM

*traffic got shut down but its still more or less my bread and butter i have county ops up louder and i turn down the stereo as i listen and hold my beat* "shit,goddamned schools nothing but problems' *i glance at my mdt taking note of all the inbound units as i maneuver so i can get there should i be needed but also can better cover  my area* 'if they need me im just a radio call or cell text away i just hope it  doesn't get crazy' * i again glance at my computer and see that im now essentially the only paroling sheriffs car* ' so much for an easy shift....' 

pd254sig.png

Sergeant Jason Patterson

FTO.jpg

Taser certified

#218 E. Hawke

E. Hawke

Deputy

• Patrol
  • 665 posts
  • Character Hometown:Skowhegan, Maine

Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:39 PM

*After a bit of paperwork doing reports I head back down to 203 and get back in the car.  Starting up the engine I listen to the car come to life with a purr before shifting to drive and leaving the station.*

"203, available on patrol"

pd203dep.png

Deputy Evelyn Hawke

purpleheart.pngservice2.png

sar.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users