40 replies to this topic

#1 Z. Russo

Z. Russo

Captain

• Administrators

• 2,721 posts
  • Character Hometown:Brooklyn, NY

Posted 03 May 2017 - 03:02 AM

*I walk into the youth services office. Since it is Sergent Crenshaws day off I volunteered to take the explorers to there flag ceremony. Its early so the kids are barely awake. I see that someone had left an itinerary for me*

CFU Memorial Dedication

Report time: 0900

Event Start: 0930

Event Projected End: 1200

SC Explorers flag ceremony Opening

Speech by William Fordham President of CFU

Reading of Victims Names

Speech from Keisha Bradly, Survivor

Dedication of CFU EMS Ambulance

Speech by CFU EMS Director Kent Nickelmann

Closing Remarks by CFU Student body president

SC Explorers Closing Ceremony

*Written on the bottom of the Itinary*

The flag equipment is in the locker, Van keys are in my desk and theres some petty cash to treat the explorers to lunch. There are a lot of important people that are going to be there so make us look good

pd400cpt.png

Captain Zach Russo

Sheriff Duty Officer (400)

phoxlindattacks.png

excellence.pngmoy2015.pngplat.png

edu1.pnglife.pngservice4.png

emt.pngsar.png

#2 N. LeBlanc

N. LeBlanc

Lieutenant

• Commissioned Fire

• 3,584 posts
  • LocationJefferson Parish, Louisiana
  • Character Hometown:Metairie, Louisiania

Posted 03 May 2017 - 12:22 PM

*I pull my truck into the back of the academy lot and park in one of the open spots.  I lean my head back to the headrest and yawn before I get out, lock the truck, and head over to the explorer shed.  It's hard to see this early in the morning, so it takes me a few seconds to find the right key and then unlock the padlock on the door.  I slide the door open and shake my head.  The shed is a mess, as normal.  There is all kids of paraphernalia lying around it, but toward the back, below a pile of member T-shirts, is the flag equipment.  I know that PD said that they were bringing the PD flag and the American flag, so I grab a SCFD flag and the state flag.  I also grab an extra set of gear for a CFU flag that I'm sure we'll be presenting.  By this point, Hale is out of the truck, so I hand her the flags, just so that I don't have to climb over all of the stuff on the ground two more times.  I sigh as I bend down and grab three flag harnesses.  I throw then toward the door before I grab two Pelican rifle cases on a shelf.  After bringing them out, I put them on my tailgate, along with the flag belts.  I open the cases and remove the polished chrome axes.  Both of them are shiny enough, so I go ahead and put them back into their cases and move the cases so that I can take a seat on the tailgate.  I take my phone from my pocket and fire off a text to Zach.*

"Hey Zach I've got a state and FD flag, plus three of our harnesses.  I got an extra for a CFU flag, and I got our axes.  Are you guys doing rifles?" 

Posted Image
Posted Image
Lieutenant Nicholas LeBlanc, Paramedic, Search and Rescue, HazMat, Diver

Engine 11

Posted ImagePosted Image

"You might be a firefighter if your entire wardrobe is t-shirts your friends gave you from their

departments for your birthday, Christmas, anniversary, etc."

-Unknown

"If Prometheus was worthy of the wrath of heaven for kindling the first fire upon earth, how

ought all the gods honor the men who make it their professional business to put it out?"

- John Godfrey Saxe

#3 D.Valentine

D.Valentine

Firefighter

• Engine
  • 656 posts
  • Character Hometown:Seekonk,MA

Posted 03 May 2017 - 03:06 PM

*after buffing and waxing my pickup and partally changeing into my class As i hop in my truck and fire it up  dialing nick before i get rolling*

"nick,its dave what you want me doing im just pulling outta my driveway now?"

e11ff.png

Firefighter Dave Valentine,SCFD

Engine 11

sar.png

#4 N. LeBlanc

N. LeBlanc

Lieutenant

• Commissioned Fire

• 3,584 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 04:04 PM

*I lean back into the bed of my truck and close my eyes for a few seconds as I feel my phone vibrate.  I groan and pick it up.  I see Dave's name on it, so I slide my finger across my phone and say hello.  Once I hear Dave ask what he needs to do.*

"Just come to the Academy like normal.  I'm waiting for some of the others to show up now."

*I look around and don't see anyone yet, so I lean back against the side of the truck bed while I wait.  I look up and watch as the sky gently begins to turn to blue while I wait for some of the older kids to arrive.*

Posted Image
Posted Image

Engine 11

Posted ImagePosted Image

"You might be a firefighter if your entire wardrobe is t-shirts your friends gave you from their

-Unknown

"If Prometheus was worthy of the wrath of heaven for kindling the first fire upon earth, how

ought all the gods honor the men who make it their professional business to put it out?"

- John Godfrey Saxe

#5 D.Valentine

D.Valentine

Firefighter

• Engine
  • 656 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 04:27 PM

"got it  see ya in a bit man" * i hang up my phone and pull into traffic working my way to the academy my dress uniform jacket hanging in the back passenger window  on the way there i  commit a major sin stopping at dunkin to grab myself and nick a coffee and breakfast,while wearing a dress uniform knowing full well theres  chance a stain might happen*

e11ff.png

Engine 11

sar.png

#6 Z. Russo

Z. Russo

Captain

• Administrators

• 2,721 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 05:49 PM

*Texting nick back*

'I have 12 drill rifles and I have my 2 kids here and am expecting 6 more.'

pd400cpt.png

Captain Zach Russo

phoxlindattacks.png

emt.pngsar.png

#7 N. LeBlanc

N. LeBlanc

Lieutenant

• Commissioned Fire

• 3,584 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 07:47 PM

*I laugh as I read Zach's message.*

"Holy Shit, 12 rifles?  Pretty sure we only need two...."

*I roll my eyes as I put my phone down.*

'Pretty sure I'm up now.'

*I'm reassured when I look down at my watch, as the kids still have half an hour to show up, which will give us enough time to rehearse a few times before they actually have to perform.  I look up as a set of lights fills the parking lot, so I go ahead and jump down from the tailgate of my truck to see if it's a kid or Dave.*

Posted Image
Posted Image

Engine 11

Posted ImagePosted Image

-Unknown

- John Godfrey Saxe

#8 D.Valentine

D.Valentine

Firefighter

• Engine
  • 656 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:34 AM

* i ease my pickup into the parking lot the fog and headlights give me a pretty decent picture and it is getting brighter which is good as i pull in beside nick i roll my windows up stop the truck and step out my sierra beeping as i lock it and arm the alarm with the cofee and such i grabbed after i clip my keys to my belt* 'sup nick,how are you brought ya some breakfast*

e11ff.png

Engine 11

sar.png

#9 Z. Russo

Z. Russo

Captain

• Administrators

• 2,721 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 03:07 AM

'I guess we got them as a donation a few years back, before my time lol'

*I grab 2 of the nicest looking ones.*

'James take this and clean it up.'

*Texting nick back.*

'You want to meet up sometime before and do a dry run?'

pd400cpt.png

Captain Zach Russo

phoxlindattacks.png

emt.pngsar.png

#10 N. LeBlanc

N. LeBlanc

Lieutenant

• Commissioned Fire

• 3,584 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 03:26 AM

*I look over at Dave as he pulls into the parking lot.  Once he walks over to me, I nod and stand up from my tailgate.*

'Hey, man.'

*I lean against the side of my truck bed as Dave brings me over a bag from Dunkin' Donuts.*

'Thanks, man.'

*I take the bag and reach in, pulling out some kind of breakfast biscuit sandwich.  I take a seat again as I wait for some of the kids.*

'So before they get here, I'm thinking we're presenting the American Flag, the CFU flag, and our department flag.  PD will handle their flag and the state flag. We're carrying two of the chrome axes and PD's taking two rifles.  We'll go over the order and who's doing what once we arrive and get everyone together.  I'm waiting on Hale and Kyle to show up, because Kyle's on the US flag.  We're looking for four more, plus Eli and Sarah.'

*As my phone rings again, I pick it up and I see that it's from Zach.*

"Yeah, I assume we'll arrive 45 before the ceremony and at least get fire a run through."

Posted Image
Posted Image

Engine 11

Posted ImagePosted Image

-Unknown

- John Godfrey Saxe

#11 D.Valentine

D.Valentine

Firefighter

• Engine
  • 656 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 04:25 AM

' i wasent hear obviously when this whole thing went down.. any chance i can get  some background as to what all happened?' * i set my bag and coffee on nicks tailgate and take a pull from my coffee before i set that down again and start on my own sandwhich..i know it wont hurt my pants but  i elect to remain standing as i take a bite of my meal*

e11ff.png

Engine 11

sar.png

#12 E. Hawke

E. Hawke

Deputy

• Patrol
  • 664 posts
  • Character Hometown:Skowhegan, Maine

Posted 04 May 2017 - 05:17 AM

*Arriving early like a few others I park my SS in the lot and take off my sunglasses as I head on into the station.  Still out of uniform, planning to change after seeing who is here first, I enter into the youth office and look around as I put my sunglasses into my purse.*

'Guess I'm early.  I'm going to go change soon.  Who is here so far?  Also need me to get anything on my way back from the lockers?'

pd203dep.png

Deputy Evelyn Hawke

purpleheart.pngservice2.png

sar.png

#13 Z. Russo

Z. Russo

Captain

• Administrators

• 2,721 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:26 AM

'Your looking at them. 2 just texted there going to be here in a few. Once you change can you just watch the kids for a few I'm going to run out and get donuts for everyone and coffee for us. Let me know how you like yours.'

pd400cpt.png

Captain Zach Russo

phoxlindattacks.png

emt.pngsar.png

#14 J.Patterson

J.Patterson

Sergeant

• Commissioned Police

• 735 posts
  • LocationPawtucket Rhode Island
  • Character Hometown:Portland Maine

Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:50 AM

*after my morning jog and a shower as well as leaveing chico with a neighbor i walk outside and climb into my jeep and make my way over to the station house having left my class A uniform in the locker room ill need to change later after a short drive over and having originally planned to go fishing with dave  i walk inside in clean but kinda ratty shorts a bass pro shops t shirt and my cabellas ballcap my little smith pistol in my right pocket as i always carry it on me* 'hey cap,sorry forgot this was today what you need me to do?'

pd254sig.png

Sergeant Jason Patterson

FTO.jpg

Taser certified

sar.pngMotor%20officer.png

#15 E. Hawke

E. Hawke

Deputy

• Patrol
  • 664 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 09:03 AM

'Black and can you get me a cinnamon raisin bagel.  I'll pay you back for that later unless you need the cash now.'

*Replying to Russo's question on how I prefer my coffee I step aside, as Patterson comes in, and prepare to leave once I get my answer about cash.*

pd203dep.png

Deputy Evelyn Hawke

sar.png

#16 H. LeBlanc

H. LeBlanc

Sergeant

• Commissioned Police

• 1,205 posts
  • Character Hometown:Greenville, South Carolina

Posted 05 May 2017 - 03:08 AM

*As Nick leaves, I roll over and fall asleep for a few more minutes.  Once my alarm goes off in another half an hour, I roll over and wait for a few seconds before I get up.  I pull my uniform out from the closet and start putting it on.  I leave my dress coat, my cover, and my gloves off to the side, putting only my shirt, dress pants, and tie on.  I head over and see that Kyle's awake, so I head downstairs and start cooking something for breakfast.  About an hour later, once we're ready, I grab my coat, cover, and gloves and bring them down to my car.  I hang my coat up on the hook in the back, and I leave my cover on the seat.  I tuck my gloves into one of the epaulettes and then I head to the front seat and start the car while Kyle jumps in the passenger seat.  I text Nick as we head toward the academy.*

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Sergeant Hailey LeBlanc

ESS Supervisor

Taser certified

Field Training Officer

#17 Z. Russo

Z. Russo

Captain

• Administrators

• 2,721 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 03:41 AM

'Patterson I'm making a dunkin run how do you like your coffee?'

pd400cpt.png

Captain Zach Russo

phoxlindattacks.png

emt.pngsar.png

#18 J.Patterson

J.Patterson

Sergeant

• Commissioned Police

• 735 posts
  • LocationPawtucket Rhode Island
  • Character Hometown:Portland Maine

Posted 05 May 2017 - 07:47 AM

'hmm  gimme and iced moca blend..should i go and change or what?' * i reply to zach as i move to lean against the wall*

pd254sig.png

Sergeant Jason Patterson

FTO.jpg

Taser certified

sar.pngMotor%20officer.png

#19 E. Hawke

E. Hawke

Deputy

• Patrol
  • 664 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 01:09 PM

*Getting no replies about cash I leave the room and head to the lockers to get changed into my ceremonial uniform.*

pd203dep.png

Deputy Evelyn Hawke

sar.png

#20 H. LeBlanc

H. LeBlanc

Sergeant

• Commissioned Police

• 1,205 posts
  • Character Hometown:Greenville, South Carolina

Posted 05 May 2017 - 04:05 PM

*I pull into the parking lot after a fifteen minute drive or so, separated by a stop at a Krispy Kreme.  I park next to Nick's truck and I walk over to them, with Kyle bringing the donuts.  I take a few sips from a travel mug of tea that I made before I left the house while the guys assault the donut box.  I decide that I'll wait until some of the kids arrive, so that they can actually get a donut, considering that we bought it for them in the first place.*

'Hey Nick, what's the carpool plan?  Are you guys taking your van, or are we each going to take some of the kids?'

*I figure that it'd be a good time to ask, since we might as well have the cars ready before the kids arrive so that we can head to the ceremony early and get an extra long head start, if possible.* 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Sergeant Hailey LeBlanc

ESS Supervisor

Taser certified

Field Training Officer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users