#1 M. Price

M. Price

ERT Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Character Hometown:Santa Fe, New Mexico

Posted 13 May 2018 - 07:05 PM

Fire: "Engine 11, Truck 31.  Respond to a 23-13 Halsey Ave., 2-3-1-3 Halsey Ave., Ft. Shannon for a Stuck Elevator.  RP advises a group of three people are trapped in the elevator between the third and second floors.  Cross Streets are North 3rd and North 4th."

EMS: "Next Available medic unit.  Respond to 23-13 Halsey Ave., 2-3-1-3 Halsey Ave., Ft. Shannon for a Stuck Elevator.  RP advises a group of three people are trapped in the elevator between the third and second floors.  Cross Streets are North 3rd and North 4th."

#2 A.garbus

A.garbus

Firefighter

• Engine
  • 109 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC
  • Character Hometown:Matthews, NC

Posted 13 May 2018 - 07:33 PM

*Chilling in the lazyboy about to retry that nap before the structure fire when i hear the tones drop again*

'FUCK ME AGAIN!'

*i hear its for an elevator rescue*

i say to myself "ok this probably wont take long"

* run to the truck and throw my bunker pants on then hope on the rig* 

e11ff.png

emt.pngsar.pnghazmat.png

Firefighter Aaron Garbus

Engine 11

Shiloh County Fire

"One day, you will be old, you will be frail, and you will be slow.

​Someone will ask you; "What did you do in your day? What did you do in your prime?

​When you were young and strong and fast?" You will tell them you were a fireman; and

​when the day is done, and the page is turned, that will be enough." FDNY Captain

“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets,

nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle.

Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.” Heraclitus

#3 D.Valentine

D.Valentine

Firefighter

• Engine
  • 663 posts
  • Character Hometown:Seekonk,MA

Posted 13 May 2018 - 09:14 PM

'well i was kinda hoping to catch some sleep buuuuuuuuut that aint happening i guess' *i say as i exit  the bunk room and move to once again throw my gear on and hop in the engine* 'kyle,you driving again?'

e11ff.png

Firefighter Dave Valentine,SCFD

Engine 11

sar.png

#4 E. Sjostrom

E. Sjostrom

EMT

• EMS
  • 809 posts
  • Character Hometown:Washington D.C.

Posted 13 May 2018 - 09:19 PM

*Getting into the passenger seat I key up the mic as Jackson pulls out of the bay.*

"M1 going"

memt.png

EMT Erika Sjostrom

Medic 3

#5 N. LeBlanc

N. LeBlanc

Lieutenant

• Commissioned Fire

• 3,604 posts
  • Character Hometown:Home

Posted 13 May 2018 - 11:20 PM

*I head out to the engine and climb in again, this time with only my pants on.  Everyone else is already in because they either didn't put bunker gear on or they were putting it on in the engine.  I grab my extrication gloves from my bunker coat pocket and I tuck them into my bunker pants pocket.  I put my headset on as the rest of the guys get ready to head out.*

"Engine 11, 911.  Engine 11's responding to the Stuck Elevator."

*As we head out, I turn to the guys.*

'All right, when we get there, everyone is going in.  Aaron, you're with me.  Dave, stick with Kyle.  Aaron and I are going to the floor above.  I want you guys to go to the motor room and check up there.  Go ahead and bring some irons and a can with you guys.  Aaron, grab the rabbit tool I'm going to take the other set of irons.  Work with everyone?'

nleblanc1126.png

e11lt.png
Lieutenant Nicholas LeBlanc, Paramedic, Search and Rescue, HazMat, Diver

Squad 7

service4.pngedu1.png

"You might be a firefighter if your entire wardrobe is t-shirts your friends gave you from their

departments for your birthday, Christmas, anniversary, etc."

-Unknown

"If Prometheus was worthy of the wrath of heaven for kindling the first fire upon earth, how

ought all the gods honor the men who make it their professional business to put it out?"

- John Godfrey Saxe

#6 K. LeBlanc

K. LeBlanc

Firefighter

• Commissioned Fire

• 77 posts
  • Character Hometown:Cumberland Ridge, Kentucky

Posted 13 May 2018 - 11:24 PM

*As Garbus yells his comment, I raise an eyebrow as I head down behind him.*

'Who did it the first time?'

*We get to the truck and again, I open the bay door and start up the truck.  I hit the first button to turn the panel on and then the light package itself as I see my dad jump in last.  As he tells me to go, I head out of the bay.*

'You got it old-tenant.'

*He flips me the bird as I press down on the Q and he give the airhorn a pull.  We head down the street toward the call when I hear his comment.  I shrug because now I'm going to hold everyone up by putting my gear on and we're going up to the top floor.  Makes a lot of sense.*

Kyle LeBlanc
Squad 7

SCFD Firefighter/Operator

Ex. Kimberly Volunteer Fire Department Member 730
Ex. SCFD Volunteer

#7 D.Valentine

D.Valentine

Firefighter

• Engine
  • 663 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 11:57 PM

' yeah not a problem,kyle you want the can or the irons?' *i reply as i finish throwing the rest of my stuff on,which isint much as i fell asleep in my bunker pants* 'twenty bucks they got into a elevator that somebody mislabeled so its actually out of order' *i say as i finish putting the rest of my stuff on*

e11ff.png

Engine 11

sar.png

#8 A.garbus

A.garbus

Firefighter

• Engine
  • 109 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:07 AM

'i Might take you on that bet Dave.'

'roger that Nick'

'Kyle the to answer you question the first was a girl from the bar last night'

* As we make our way there i throw my rope gloves into my bunker pants pocket.*

e11ff.png

emt.pngsar.pnghazmat.png

Firefighter Aaron Garbus

Engine 11

Shiloh County Fire

​Someone will ask you; "What did you do in your day? What did you do in your prime?

​When you were young and strong and fast?" You will tell them you were a fireman; and

​when the day is done, and the page is turned, that will be enough." FDNY Captain

“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets,

nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle.

Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.” Heraclitus

#9 N. LeBlanc

N. LeBlanc

Lieutenant

• Commissioned Fire

• 3,604 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:39 AM

*I shake my head and chuckle as we arrive on the scene.  I key the mic as I step out of the truck.*

Me: "Engine 11, 911."

911: "Go ahead."

Me: "Engine 11's on scene, six story building, nothing showing.  Engine 11 will be investigating.  Engine 11 will have Halsey Command."

911: "1413."

*I grab my helmet from the truck and I head to the back of the truck where I grab a set of irons.  I give the guys a few seconds to get all of their stuff as I go and talk with the ladder guys.*

'I've got guys going to the motor room and we're going to the floor above.  Can you guys cover the floor below and the lobby?'

*They nod as I look back at the building and back at them.*

'All right, thanks guys.'

*The two crews stop as we head into the building.*

'Engine guys: Aaron and I are going to three.  You guys head to six and see if you can find a mechanical room.  You might need the roof.  The truck'll find that out for you guys.'

*They nod as I look to Aaron.*

'Let's open this up and make sure there is nothing above.'

*I take a hand protected with my extrication gloves as I slowly pry the elevator doors open.  I use the light on my helmet to look up into the shaft while Aaron holds my bunker pants at the waist.*

'Yep.  They're stuck.  Let's go.'

*The two of us head to the stairs and start heading up to the third floor.  We get to the floor and head out to the elevator.  I take just a second to catch my breath from the stairs.  I use a light to shine through the closed doors trying to see anything, but I can't.  They look like they're low.*

"Engine 11 to Halsey Units, we're at the floor above.  It appears that the elevator is stuck between floors.  We're going to wait to open the doors until the mechanical room guys check out what they have."

nleblanc1126.png

e11lt.png

Squad 7

service4.pngedu1.png

"You might be a firefighter if your entire wardrobe is t-shirts your friends gave you from their

-Unknown

"If Prometheus was worthy of the wrath of heaven for kindling the first fire upon earth, how

ought all the gods honor the men who make it their professional business to put it out?"

- John Godfrey Saxe

#10 A.garbus

A.garbus

Firefighter

• Engine
  • 109 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:50 AM

*as we get on scene i grab my helmet and hop off the rig i head to the back to grab the rabbit once in hand i head to Nick as he talks to the ladder crew. we enter the building and go to three, as we open the elevator shaft and get it secured, i hold on to Nick as he pokes his head in to the shaft*

*Nick says the carriage is between floors*

'Nick this is going to be fun, hopefully the squeeze isn't to tight'

e11ff.png

emt.pngsar.pnghazmat.png

Firefighter Aaron Garbus

Engine 11

Shiloh County Fire

#11 K. LeBlanc

K. LeBlanc

Firefighter

• Commissioned Fire

• 77 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:27 AM

'Aaron...  I'm sorry that you don't know what a girl is.  Someone's still innocent...'

*As we arrive on the scene, I get out and I head to the rear compartment where I grab my gear.  I put my bunker pants and gloves on and I leave everything else in my compartment.  When Dave asks what I want to carry, I shrug.*

'Give me the can.  I'll let you have the fun.'

*I take the can and sling it over my shoulder as we head up to the mechanical room.  I listen to what the rest of the crew says as we get ready to make the sixth floor.  We head out and I start looking for a mechanical room.  I find one and I check it for heat.  It doesn't feel hot, but I can see smoke.*

"11 Operator to Halsey Command, be advised, we have smoke from the mechanical room, but no heat.  11 Operator and 11 Valentine will be investigating."

*I turn to Dave to ask what he wants us to do.*

'Well, do you want to make entry, or do you want to head down to the engine, grab our gear, an ABC extinguisher, and a high rise pack?'

Kyle LeBlanc
Squad 7

Ex. SCFD Volunteer

#12 D.Valentine

D.Valentine

Firefighter

• Engine
  • 663 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:19 AM

'nah we probably dont need  our gear as for the extinguisher, i saw one around the corner if we cant knock it down with our can should we need to even employ the cans ,then we'll gear up and all that,im gonna have to break the lock though'

* i move to grab my multi tool from my pocket and i open it then pull the metal tooth pick from  it then work on the padlock,when that fails i give t a heavy swing with the set of irons im carrying and the thing practically shatters* 'gotta love the fools master lock,if it was a real one i mighta scratched it at best'

* i move off to the side  just incase im wrong about the theory i have* " moters probably burned up get ready incase im wrong though but judging by the smell of whats burning its probably a belt or clutch or something if not the moter itself' * kyle gives me a nod for me i crouch and suck in a gulp of clean air just as a precaution then i shove the door open and enter exhaling after about a minute* ' yep,called it moters burnt up somethings jammed up i bet, grab the one in the hallway if you need more then whats in your can to cool it if you feel w the need to ill cut power from the box on the wall,and call it in*

* i move to break open the circuit breaker,which tripped no doubt due to voltage  draw and the whining nose in the metal case stops i also take my multi tool and psychically cut the wire going from the tripped box to the moter as a extra precaution to prevent whatever s going on to try to contain it so it dosen't spread  thers no power going  to the moteras i flipped the breaker dedicated to it  but better safe then sorry, while kyle hits  where the heats the worse i hit my PTT on my radio after i  cut the wire from the breaker box*

" 11 Valentine to Halsey command, looks like the moter burnt up my guess is something jammed up no flames visible and the circuit breaker did its job,were mopping things up here,will advise if it gets outta control but if youve got a tic i could use it up here just incase its in the walls smokes minimal at best"

e11ff.png

Engine 11

sar.png

#13 N. LeBlanc

N. LeBlanc

Lieutenant

• Commissioned Fire

• 3,604 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:16 PM

*I listen to the guys up with the motor on the radio.  I sigh because not the elevator is not moving, unless we release the hydraulics.*

"Halsey Command copies Engine 11, we're going to get you a camera.  I'm going to need you to release the hydraulic breaks if possible.  Once BREAK Halsey Command to Truck 31, can you bring a TIC to the mechanical room on the sixth floor.  We're going to need a roof ladder to the first floor."

*I let Garbus continue to talk to the people in the elevator while I'm on the radio.  I don't want to put anyone in the elevator, so we're going to need to lower the elevator down to the first floor.  Once we get the hydraulics released, they'll fall slowly down to the first floor.*

nleblanc1126.png

e11lt.png

Squad 7

service4.pngedu1.png

-Unknown

- John Godfrey Saxe

#14 K. LeBlanc

K. LeBlanc

Firefighter

• Commissioned Fire

• 77 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 05:44 AM

*I wait while Dave makes entry.  I'm somewhat scared that we're going to get into the room without any PPE, but I'm not the senior man up here.  Dave forces the door, which is then locked with a padlock before we are able to get into the room.  I don't want to hit the panel with the can since it's water until we're able to shut the power down.  Once Dave's got the power off, I knock down some of the visible fire with the can before I put the can down I open up the cabinet.  I hit some more of the fire while Dave calls for a TIC.  I put the can down and look around again, not seeing any real smoke except the smoke from the fire.  I keep watching it while Dave works the radio.  A few minutes later, the truck guys show up and bring in a TIC.  They show us a few more hotspots before I hit that with the can.  One of the other truck guys cuts the hydraulics and lets the engine guys know that.  I assume that we're going to try and lower the elevator down, but that's not my call.*

Kyle LeBlanc
Squad 7

Ex. SCFD Volunteer

#15 N. LeBlanc

N. LeBlanc

Lieutenant

• Commissioned Fire

• 3,604 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 08:41 PM

*I get Garbus to tell the people in the elevator that we're going to send them down to the first floor.  I key the mic as I head over to the stairs and start heading down to the first floor.*

"Halsey Command to Truck 31, we're heading down to you at this time.  We'll have the car sent down shortly."

*We get to the first floor where I see that the truck already has the elevator open.  I look down and I see the pit is just deep enough to put the elevator all the way down and still able to get them out a bit.  I look over at the truck company officer as I grab my shoulder mic.*

'All right, let's bed them all the way down into the pit.  We can pull them up with the roof ladder.  Does that work with y'all?'

*He nods, so I push the PTT down and glance up.*

"Halsey Command to elevator room, go ahead and release the all-stop on the elevator."

*As the elevator starts to move down slowly, I back up and watch as it comes down.  As the top of the elevator becomes visible in the elevator doors, I key the mic.*

"Halsey Command to elevator room, you've got about ten feet."

*A few seconds later, I key the mic and let them know that they've reached the bottom as well as to ask if they have an all stop.  We then open up the elevator doors and start talking to the people in the elevator and the truck guys put the ladder into the elevator.  We open up the hooks and hook the "sill" right outside of the elevator.  I send Garbus down into the elevator as we get the victims out.  After a few minutes, I key the mic.*

Me: "Halsey Command to 911."

911: "Halsey Command, we have the victims out of the elevator.  We will be shutting down the building elevators at this location due to a motor fire.  Engine 11 and Truck 31 will be clearing shortly."

*I walk over to the building manager and tell them basically what I just told 911 while the guys pack everything up.  The two of us work it out that they'll have the elevators shut down and the mechanical room fixed by the elevator company.  Once we're done, I head out to the engine and we pack everything up.  I step into the engine, put my headset on, and look at the guys.*

'Got everyone and everything?'

*I hear everyone say that we did, so I key the mic.*

"Engine 11 to 911, Engine 11's clear, returning to quarters."

nleblanc1126.png

e11lt.png

Squad 7

service4.pngedu1.png

-Unknown

- John Godfrey Saxe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users