• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Character Hometown:Santa Fe, New Mexico

Posted 19 June 2018 - 01:38 AM

'911, where's your emergency?'

'The baseball field in Oxnard Park.'

'What's your emergency?'

'Joey stumbled when rounding 2nd base and he can't get up.  It looked like his ankle just gave out as he made his turn.  Didn't know an ankle could bend like that.'

'Ok, stay on the line so I can get more info.  Sending EMS now'

*Muting the call*

"County to EMS.  M2 due to Oxnard Center Park for an Ankle Injury on the baseball field"

#2 E. Sjostrom

E. Sjostrom

EMT

• EMS
  • 809 posts
  • Character Hometown:Washington D.C.

Posted 19 June 2018 - 01:43 AM

*Having just finished restocking M2 when the call comes out I close up all the cabinets and exit the back of the truck.  Closing the back doors I see Jackson head for the driver's seat so I run around to the passenger side and get in.  As I close the passenger door behind me I key up the mic on my shoulder.*

"M2 responding"

*Releasing the mic I wait for Bobby to pull out before turning on the lights and sirens.*

'Get us as close to the baseball field as you can.  We should be able to hop the curb to get there.'

memt.png

EMT Erika Sjostrom

Medic 3

#3 B.Jackson

B.Jackson

EMT Cadet

• EMS
  • 105 posts
  • LocationPawtucket, Rhode Island
  • Character Hometown:south of Houston Texas

Posted 19 June 2018 - 05:28 AM

'think the kid ALS had to handle lived?' * i ask Erika as i tear outta the bay watching the engine heading the opposite direction as i turn the a/c on and move to flip the lights and sirens on while making my way to the call mentally kicking myself as i left the Arizona iced tea i had and part of my subway sub out in the break room my hand stops as Erika beats me to both the lights i had moved to switch on as well as the sirens* 'had planned to hop the curb anyway just hope they have the gates open'

memt.png

EMT Bobby Jackson

Medic 3

#4 E. Sjostrom

E. Sjostrom

EMT

• EMS
  • 809 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 07:01 AM

'It's probably closed but we can get on the field through the dugout since it's just a fence with openings.  Getting the stretcher through there might be a problem though but maybe we can lift it over the fence since it's only 4 feet tall all around.'

*Pausing for a bit*

'and about the kid, I don't know.  It didn't look good though and honestly, I just try not to think about it.'

memt.png

EMT Erika Sjostrom

Medic 3

#5 B.Jackson

B.Jackson

EMT Cadet

• EMS
  • 105 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 06:23 PM

'i supose your right ,about not thinking about it i mean,anyway whats the plan with this call do we have any info on it?' * i keep heading to the call bullying my way through a few intersections i probably shouldent of but it looked safe and i dident feel like sitting behind idiots* "oxnard park right,do i want the left coming up or the next one?'

memt.png

EMT Bobby Jackson

Medic 3

#6 E. Sjostrom

E. Sjostrom

EMT

• EMS
  • 809 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 12:09 AM

'No useful info so far as I can tell. Take care of the ankle, I'll get vitals.'

memt.png

EMT Erika Sjostrom

Medic 3

#7 B.Jackson

B.Jackson

EMT Cadet

• EMS
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 03:24 PM

'heres hoping its just an ankle injury' *i say as i make a turn into the park im on the opposite end of the park but for all intents and purposes were on scene so i kill the sirens as we roll up were not quite on scene so ill let Erika call us  i wouldn't normally do so but i decide to cut across the grass rather then go through the parking lot as were on the back side of the ball field i dont end up on the field but the service pathway the parks  guys use to access the field  i follow the path about as far as it will go luckily ending up more or less next to the dugouts so i pull to a stop throw the truck in park and move to step out as erika  calls and marks us on scene and i move to grab the splint set i take a glance at the kid,who they have on the team benchs and i can already tell the kids ankles probably broken i hold a sec letting erika go first as she tends to be better with p[people then me*

memt.png

EMT Bobby Jackson

Medic 3

#8 E. Sjostrom

E. Sjostrom

EMT

• EMS
  • 809 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 05:21 PM

*Jackson gets us on scene, parking us right outside the dugout to the ballfield. Grabbing the jumpbag with one hand and keying up the mic with the other as I exit M2.*

"M2 on scene"

*Shutting the door behind me I rush on over to the victim who is laying down on the dugout's bench.*

'Hey, I'm Erika Sjostrom with EMS, can you tell me your name?'

'Joey, Joey Sanders'

'Alright Joey, how old are you and can you tell me what happened?  I'm going to be taking your vitals.'

*As I'm asking questions I'm pulling out the BP cuffs and strapping them to his arm.*

'I'm 22, I hit a nice triple and was rounding second when felt my ankle just pop.  Lot's of pain and I just stumbled.'

'Alright, we're going to take care of you then.  Has this happened before?  Are you on any meds?'

'No and no, I think I just stepped on the base wrong or something'

*Seeing the BP reading 122/83 I put my fingers on his wrist to get his pulse and while I'm doing that I count his breathing.  Pulse is 79 and respiratory rate 21.  After jotting that stuff down I put the BP cuffs away into the jumpbag and look to see how Jackson is doing.*

memt.png

EMT Erika Sjostrom

Medic 3

#9 B.Jackson

B.Jackson

EMT Cadet

• EMS
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 06:12 PM

*as erika jogs over to the kid,whos not much younger then me and gets his info i walk up with our split kit and i pull one of my gloves on  switching hands with the splint kit  then pulling the other glove on and kneel down by the kid feeling his ankle* ' hey there,names bobby ray ,lets get you fixed up alright partner, now did you walk here or were you carried or what?' * i ask my accent noticeable but what shocks me is his ankles actually not broken but dislocated which i wasent even sure it was possible so it might be broken but im unable to feel it so i splint the lids ankle* 'you feel anything,does this hurt at all,and how bad?' *i ask the kid who flinches from what im doing clearly biting a curse back i nod stopping myself "think something mighta broke joey ive got you splinted but you might want to get it xrayed' *joeys face pales and he utters something, i look to erika 'hey,erika double check it im thinking either a hairline fracture or he rolled it so bad its dislocated, your thoughts?'

memt.png

EMT Bobby Jackson

Medic 3

#10 E. Sjostrom

E. Sjostrom

EMT

• EMS
  • 809 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 06:55 PM

*Looking at the ankle and it looks pretty deformed like it's out of the joint.*

'It's probably dislocated but there's also probably a fracture.  ER will find that out when we get there.'

*Answering as I go to the back of M2 and open up the back doors.  Reaching into the back I grab the stretcher and pull it out of truck before wheeling it as close I can to the dugout's bench.*

memt.png

EMT Erika Sjostrom

Medic 3

#11 B.Jackson

B.Jackson

EMT Cadet

• EMS
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 11:17 PM

"just as i figured but your the more experenced one of the two of us,anyway lets get you to the er joey' * he pales again thistime i can clearly hear what he says* joey: fuck how am i gonna pay for an er stay ?"  /* i move to help get him loaded* "wont your insurence cover it?'

joey: hahaha  the state plan i have probably isint even worth the paper i had to sign to get it,can i refuse?'

*i look to erika unsure of how exactly i should answer him*

memt.png

EMT Bobby Jackson

Medic 3

#12 E. Sjostrom

E. Sjostrom

EMT

• EMS
  • 809 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 06:07 AM

*We get Joe on the stretcher and into the back of M2 when he brings up not wanting to go to the ER.*

'The longer this goes untreated the worse it is going to get.  If the reason you don't want to go to the ER is because of money then you should talk to the hospital about payment plans.  They will have financial programs and stuff available to help you out.  We're taking you to Shiloh County Hospital too and they have some of the best in the state'

*Even though he doesn't look too happy Joey seems to understand with that.  With that seemingly settled I get into the back of the truck and take a seat on the bench.*

'How long ago did this happen?'

'bout 20 minutes ago?'

'Can you describe the pain?'

'Intense'

'Scale from 1 to 10?'

'I don't know. 7 or 8 I guess?'

*I give Bobby a nod indicating he can close the back doors and get in the driver's seat.  The injured foot is a bit colder than the uninjured one and a bit paler too.*

'Ok, could you wiggle your toes for me?'

'Will try'

*As I see Joey move the toes I just nod and start checking for pulses at the dorsalis pedis and posterior tibial arteries.  Upon finding them I grab a sharpie and mark them with an X for an easier reassessment.  There's a bit more to do back here and upon completing them I knock on the wall between the back and the cab to let Jackson know to get going.*

"M2 clear, enroute to SCH with 1, ETA 10 minutes"

memt.png

EMT Erika Sjostrom

Medic 3

#13 B.Jackson

B.Jackson

EMT Cadet

• EMS
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 02:40 PM

* i close the back doors and move to climb in opening the glass window between the box and the cab incase erika needs to talk to me then i start pulling away from the ballpark waiting to hit the sirens till im on the main road inside the park my speed also noticeably increses as i make my way to SCH* '

memt.png

EMT Bobby Jackson

Medic 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users