17 replies to this topic

#1 A. Blackburn

A. Blackburn

Lieutenant

• Commissioned Police

• 879 posts
  • Character Hometown:St. Paul, Minnesota

Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:32 AM

Social gathering just before the 4th of July for all members of ERT as well as their families and pets.

When: July 2nd between 11am - 5pm (This is timewarped.  We'll be using this thread for the party and it actually starts now and we'll end it at the end of July)

Where: Oxnard Center Park between the baseball field and the pond (check the Oxnard thread for a map if needed)

Bring food, drinks, paper plates, plastic cups and whatever else you can think of.  We'll use a park grill for the cooking.

Lieutenant Andrew Blackburn

Platoon Commander (200)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#2 E. Hawke

E. Hawke

Deputy

• Patrol
  • 665 posts
  • Character Hometown:Skowhegan, Maine

Posted 20 June 2018 - 05:47 AM

*Finding several open parallel parking spaces open next to the park on Park Street I pull into one of them and shut off the engine.  Putting on my dog's leash I place my UMaine cap and Oakleys on me as I grab my tote bag and push open the door.  Not wanting to be too active outdoors today I exit my vehicle wearing a yellow sleeveless and knee length sundress that hugs the waist; along with beige high heel sandals to match.  When Savo exits the car behind me I hold onto his leash as I close the door behind us and move to my car's trunk while slinging my tote bag over my shoulder.  Opening it up I pull out a travel dolly from the trunk and unfold it quickly as I place it on the ground as I reach back into the trunk. Pulling out a large cooler full of drinks and a small cooler of hotdogs chicken I place both coolers onto the dolly.  Closing the trunk I hit the lock button on my keys and place them in my purse as I grab the dolly's handle.*

'Alright Savo, let's go have a BBQ'

*Dragging the dolly behind me and leading Savo into the park I cross over the grass until I reach one of the park's asphalt's paths which I'll walk on the rest of the way.  Heading south by southeast I pass by the Revolutionary War Monument, reaching the point where two paths merge into one, and take a quick look at the time on my watch.  It's 11:04am, so while I'm not early that still doesn't mean that I'm not the first one there.*

pd203dep.png

Deputy Evelyn Hawke

purpleheart.pngservice2.png

sar.png

#3 D. Johnson

D. Johnson

Deputy

• Patrol

• 108 posts
  • Character Hometown:Matthews, NC

Posted 20 June 2018 - 10:13 AM

*looking around for a parking space I see that Park Street has plenty of spots open that will fit my truck. Ironically I find a spot behind Hawke. I pull into the spot and turn off the engine. I have my girlfriend named Amanda and my dog. I turn around to put Assassin's leash on. I watch Amanda get of truck while I do this and she is laughing a little bit since Assassin isn't cooperating very well. Finally I get his leash on I get out and then open the back door.

'Lets go Assassin'

*Assassin jumps out and I have to grab his leash because he will take off through the park. Amanda walks to my side of the truck to take Assassin's leash  as I go and unlock truck box and move my body armor and my AR-15 I grab the cups and plates along with taking down a cooler full of beer.*

'you ready babe?'

Amanda: 'Yeah, I got Assassin'

'Okay lets go have a get day'

* as we walk south east through the park and when we pass the Revolutionary War monument we see Hawke. I look at my watch to see watch time it was and 11:15 am. I wave and say hi to Evelyn*

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Deputy Dan Johnson

#4 E. Hawke

E. Hawke

Deputy

• Patrol
  • 665 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 10:57 AM

*Arriving at the gathering spot in the park I see that I'm indeed the first one here as I set my tote bag down on the grass.  Leaving the dolly with the coolers up against a picnic table I tie up Savo's leash to one of the table's benches for a brief moment.  Going back to my tote bag I pull out a good sized picnic blanket that I unfold and cover over the grass.  Heading back to the coolers I take them off the dolly and put the smaller cooler on the table.  Grabbing a Corona from larger cooler I untie Savo's dog leash from the bench and bring him over to the blanket.  Sitting down on the blanket I remove the leash from Savo's collar and crack open my beer.  Taking a sip from the bottle I see Johnson and his girlfriend show up.  Taking note that Savo also see's Johnson's dog I grab hold of the border collie's collar to keep him from rushing over and getting into trouble.*

'Savo, down!'

*Seeing Dan wave hello I wave back.*

'Morning'

pd203dep.png

Deputy Evelyn Hawke

sar.png

#5 A. Blackburn

A. Blackburn

Lieutenant

• Commissioned Police

• 879 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 10:40 PM

*Pulling my Roadrunner into an empty parking space by the park I see some young kids eyeing my car.  They seem really interested so after shifting the transmission to park I step on the throttle to rev the engine in order to entertain them.  Of course the car's roar does give me a few looks of annoyance by some passersby I do, however, get some cheers from others including the kids.  That puts a smile on my face as letting the engine settle down from the small display of power that my car has.  Putting on my 101st Airborne cap and sunglasses I turn the key in the ignition, shutting the engine off, and roll up the windows before opening the driver's door.  Getting out of the Plymouth I hit the locking mechanism on the door before fetching the cooler from the back and closing the car up.  For this 4th of the July Andreea took the kids and the dog to visit her family in Kentucky; however I had to stay here to work and that's why I'm walking into the park alone to meet up with colleagues.*

Platoon Commander (200)

Posted Image

#6 N. LeBlanc

N. LeBlanc

Not an asshole

• Commissioned Fire

• 3,585 posts
  • Character Hometown:Home

Posted 08 July 2018 - 09:49 PM

*Hailey and I drive down to the park.  We stop in the parking lot near the guys as I shut off the truck and get out.  I open up the tailgate.  I climb up and I grab the chairs that we brought and I pass them to Hailey since you can just sling one over each arm.  I push the two rolling coolers back to the edge of the truck. As Hailey walks out, I jump down and I grab the coolers and put them on the ground.  I jump up again and I grab the fans.  I put them on the tailgate and I jump down.  As Hailey comes back over to me, I let her take the two rolling coolers and I grab the fans.  I carry them over while she shells the coolers over to the guys.  I sit down in the chair that Hailey had set up for me while I put the fan on the top of the cooler.  

'Hey guys.  What's up?'

*I push the water line into the cooler.  I do the same with the other cooler before I take extension cords and run them from the plug on the back of the cooler and over to a generator that I brought.  I fire up the generator and plug the two fans in.  As they start running, I adjust the valves on the fan to get the mist correct before I move the fans to opposite sides of the group where everyone is sitting so that we can be comfortable.*

Posted Image

Posted Image
Lieutenant Nicholas LeBlanc, Paramedic, Search and Rescue, HazMat, Diver

Engine 11

Posted ImagePosted Image

"You might be a firefighter if your entire wardrobe is t-shirts your friends gave you from their

departments for your birthday, Christmas, anniversary, etc."

-Unknown

"If Prometheus was worthy of the wrath of heaven for kindling the first fire upon earth, how

ought all the gods honor the men who make it their professional business to put it out?"

- John Godfrey Saxe

#7 J.Patterson

J.Patterson

Sergeant

• Commissioned Police

• 737 posts
  • LocationPawtucket Rhode Island
  • Character Hometown:Portland Maine

Posted 09 July 2018 - 11:39 AM

*the wind whips across my face im in a SCSD t shirt and a pair of jeans i cut into shorts with  an open faced helmet on  i hadent planned to go to any partys, just go for a ride on my bike but while im cruising through the park i saw or rather heard  what i now know was andrews car so i find myself pulling in so as i coast into the parking lot i throw the Harley in neutral and give it a few revs mainly to keep it running as its a manual ,before i stop alongside  the roadrunner killing the bike and removing my helmet the only thing i have with me aside from what im wearing is a gatorade in one of my saddlebags and obviously my phone  and personal carry smith pistol as i hang the helmet on the handlebars  as i speak* 'hey guys,yeah yeah i know i dont have much safety gear on,ticket me for it later' * i say hoping my attempt at a joke might not get anybody pissed * 'what you got goin on here? i ask still sitting straddling my bike'

pd254sig.png

Sergeant Jason Patterson

FTO.jpg

Taser certified

sar.pngMotor%20officer.png

#8 A. Blackburn

A. Blackburn

Lieutenant

• Commissioned Police

• 879 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:17 PM

*As I'm putting down my cooler at the meeting place I see that Hawke and Johnson are already here while the LeBlancs are just arriving.  While they set up I hear Nick ask what's up* 

'It's going alright, how's it going yourself?'

*Pulling a Sam Adams from my cooler I take a seat on the table's bench and pop the bottle open as I hear Patterson's Harley in the parking lot nearby.  He crack a joke about not currently wearing his safety gear and then asks as question like he didn't know about the gathering.  Not feeling like mentioning the posts about this gathering that were put up on the bulletin boards in the station I'll leave the answer that question to someone else while I'll respond to his humor.*

'Well, you're in luck Jay, I don't have any tickets on me to write up.'

Platoon Commander (200)

Posted Image

#9 J.Patterson

J.Patterson

Sergeant

• Commissioned Police

• 737 posts
  • LocationPawtucket Rhode Island
  • Character Hometown:Portland Maine

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:50 AM

*i get off my bike now,setting the kickstand and pocketing its keys moving to fetch my gatorade and  bass pro shops ball cap from the saddlebag its still cold,if only just so i take a chug finishing whatever was left of it then i put the empty bottle back into the saddlebag and close it'  'id of brought my dog and such  but  seeing as it was so nice i figured i let my hog stretch its legs,congrats on the promotion by the way andrew' * i move to take a seat on a nearby table petting savo as he walks up to give me a sniff'

pd254sig.png

Sergeant Jason Patterson

FTO.jpg

Taser certified

sar.pngMotor%20officer.png

#10 E. Hawke

E. Hawke

Deputy

• Patrol
  • 665 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:50 AM

*Feeling like Savo finally calmed down from the appearance of Johnson's dog I wait a minute before letting go of his collar.  With the arrival of Blackburn, the Leblancs, and Patterson I take another sip of my Corona while keeping an eye on my dog as he heads over to Jason for some pets.  Savo being occupied I, for some reason, glance at the hats everyone seems to being wearing as each one seemingly shows something that's important to them.  For Blackburn it's the military, for Patterson the outdoors, for myself it's home as well as hockey but whether anyone noticed or cares about these things is up to them.  Nick, Hailey, Dan and his girlfriend don't seem to be wearing hats right now so I can't get a scope on their interests but I've known three of them for awhile now that I could probably take a guess.*

'So, curious, Dan, why the name Assassin?  For your dog?'

*Feeling my legs getting restless having been sitting for awhile I decide to stand up as I ask that question.  Taking another sip of my Corona I head over to the table to see what snacks people brought.*

pd203dep.png

Deputy Evelyn Hawke

sar.png

#11 H. LeBlanc

H. LeBlanc

Sergeant

• Banned

• 1,206 posts
  • Character Hometown:Greenville, South Carolina

Posted 14 July 2018 - 09:12 PM

*As Nick and I arrive at the park, I step down from the truck and I head to the back.  I know that we've got stuff in the bed, but I don't have any idea what or what Nick wants first.  He jumps up and hands me chairs for the two of us.  I sling them over my shoulders and I walk to the group.*

'Hey, guys.  Happy Fourth.'

*I set the two chairs out and I turn around to see Nick struggling with stuff still.*

'Let me go help him, I'll be right back.'

*I head back to the truck where Nick gives me the coolers for the fans.  I still don't know why we had to bring them, but whatever.  I take them over to the group and I set them down, trying to find out what he wants me to do with them.  He starts setting everything up while I stand and watch to see where I'm needed and talking with the rest of the group.*

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Sergeant Hailey LeBlanc

Field Training Officer

#12 A. Blackburn

A. Blackburn

Lieutenant

• Commissioned Police

• 879 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 03:29 AM

'Happy Fourth'

*Replying back to Hailey as she sets down some chairs and runs off to go help Nick.  At about the same time Dave brings up why he didn't bring his dog and congrats me on my promotion*

'Well, thanks and don't worry about it.  I didn't bring my dog or family either.  Andreea wanted to take the kids to her family's place in Kentucky for the 4th.  Would've gone myself if I didn't have to work the holiday.'

*Taking a good swig of my Sam Adams I got to keep in mind not to drink a whole lot as tomorrow, the 3rd, is a workday and when things start to get crazy*

'Let's hope no one blows their arm off'

Platoon Commander (200)

Posted Image

#13 D. Johnson

D. Johnson

Deputy

• Patrol

• 108 posts
  • Character Hometown:Matthews, NC

Posted 16 July 2018 - 02:34 AM

*Keeping Assassin close too my side Evalyn asked why I named my dog Assassin. I take a Blue Moon out of the cooler as she asks the question, I look up*

'I named him Assassin after one of my buddies working dog who died saving my life in Afghanistan'

*I grab a bottle opener and open the beer and hand it to Amanda. I then gave myself a beer from the cooler and open it. I notice Assassin starting to wander*

'KOMME...STRIVER'

*I see Assassin come back and stay next to my side*

* I notice the LeBlanc's and Andrew and I walk over to them*

'Happy 4th guys and gal'

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Deputy Dan Johnson

#14 E. Hawke

E. Hawke

Deputy

• Patrol
  • 665 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 09:08 PM

*Hearing the response I drink more of my Corona being unsure of what to ask now.  It sounds like a story to tell there but I don't want to ask if it turns out to not be a great memory for him; that'd just feel rude.  Seeing a small bag of pretzels among the snacks I decide to snatch it and head back to my spot.  Taking a seat on the blanket I set down my bottle of beer and open the bag up.  As I start eating the bite-sized pretzel snacks I wait for someone to start up the small talk.*

pd203dep.png

Deputy Evelyn Hawke

sar.png

#15 A. Blackburn

A. Blackburn

Lieutenant

• Commissioned Police

• 879 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 03:47 AM

*Doesn't look like a whole lot showed up to this gathering but it's enough to keep us from calling it off.  Maybe more will show up later, I think to myself as I head on over to the park's charcoal grill located roughly 10 feet away from the table.  As I drink some of my Sam Adams I inspect the grill to see if it looks clean enough to cook on.  Confirming that it is I look back to the group for some volunteers.*

'Alright, I left a bag of charcoal, paper plates and cups in the trunk of my Plymouth.  Anyone want to volunteer to go get them so we can start cooking?'

*Reaching into my pocket I pull out my car keys and dangle them; getting ready to toss em to whoever volunteers first.*

Platoon Commander (200)

Posted Image

#16 F.Garcia

F.Garcia

Rescue Paramedic

• Administrators

• 64 posts
  • LocationHere
  • Character Hometown:Los Angeles

Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:08 PM

I show up to Blackburnes bbq in nothing but a pink mankini playing my male stripper mix.

"hey boys, your ladies called, said they wanted a good time."

goes in the house and locks the door with them

#GEGFDMAFIA

#17 E.Raven

E.Raven

Rescue Paramedic

• Administrators

• 356 posts
  • LocationYes
  • Character Hometown:School of hard knocks

Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:12 PM

I arrive in my 77 El Camino, hopping over the curb and running over some fence and playground equipment. I get out and realize that I also ran over someone's dog. As I close the door six or seven PBR tallboy cans fall out of my car. I'm clad only in my jeans and a white wife beater. I stagger over to the crew "where's the fucking beer?"

Our department takes 1,120 calls every day. Do you know how many of the calls the public expects perfection on? 1,120. Nobody calls the fire department and says, 'Send me two dumb-ass firemen in a pickup truck.' In three minutes they want five brain-surgeon decathlon champions to come and solve all their problems.

#GEGFDMAFIA

PLEASE SUPPORT THE FIRE DEPARTMENT

PLEASE BUY A PANCAKE BREAKFAST TICKET

#18 F.Garcia

F.Garcia

Rescue Paramedic

• Administrators

• 64 posts
  • LocationHere
  • Character Hometown:Los Angeles

Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:16 PM

I show up to the bbq in my car, park right behind raven on the grass, running over the dog a 2nd time, get out in nothing but a pink mankini playing my male stripper mix, walk to the party and say "hey, your ladies said they were looking for a good time". they all follow me back to my car, get in log style and we leave. running over the dog again.

#GEGFDMAFIA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users