#1 M. Price

M. Price

ERT Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Character Hometown:Santa Fe, New Mexico

Posted 24 July 2018 - 03:34 AM

*It's nearly 8pm as I yawn from being here all day.  Sometimes it feels like I'm the only dispatcher here as the next call comes in.*

'911, where's your emergency?'

'We're on Bay Street across from the Museum'

'What's your emergency?'

'We can see smoke coming from the back of the museum.  We think there's a fire there'

'Ok, stay on the line so I can get more info.  I'm sending the fire department'

*Muting the call*

"County to FD, Engine 11 due to Ft. Shannon Museum of Natural History.  Smoke has been spotted coming from the back of the museum."

#2 N. LeBlanc

N. LeBlanc

Lieutenant

• Commissioned Fire

• 3,595 posts
  • Character Hometown:Home

Posted 26 July 2018 - 11:36 AM

*As we're sitting in the day room watching TV, I hear the tones drop and the strobes flash.  I look down at my phone as I feel it vibrate with the Active911 alert on my phone.  I see the words "commercial fire" pop up on my phone as I jump up from the recliner.*

'Commercial fire, let's go.'

*I quickly walk over to the door and push it open before I hit my stride and start jogging to the pole.  I slide down and I take a few quick steps over to the engine and my bunker pants.  I zip my boots off and then I step into my bunker boots and pull them up with the suspenders before I throw my baseball cap into the engine and I pull my hood down over my neck.  Next, I sling my radio strap over my left shoulder and I clip the sway strap to the suspender hook on the back of my pants before I climb into the engine.  I put my headset on before I look back at the guys as they hustle into the engine and I press the PTT on the headset.*

Me: "Engine 11, 911."

911: "Go ahead."

Me: "Engine 11's going to be enroute."

911:"1952."

*I look at the rest of the guys and back at the sides of the truck to make sure that the exhaust line is hooked up and that the battery plug is undone.  I look back and see all of the guys are in as I look at Kyle as we ease out of the bay.*

nleblanc1126.png

e11lt.png
Lieutenant Nicholas LeBlanc, Paramedic, Search and Rescue, HazMat, Diver

Engine 11

service4.pngedu1.png

"You might be a firefighter if your entire wardrobe is t-shirts your friends gave you from their

departments for your birthday, Christmas, anniversary, etc."

-Unknown

"If Prometheus was worthy of the wrath of heaven for kindling the first fire upon earth, how

ought all the gods honor the men who make it their professional business to put it out?"

- John Godfrey Saxe

#3 A.garbus

A.garbus

Firefighter

• Engine
  • 105 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC
  • Character Hometown:Matthews, NC

Posted 26 July 2018 - 01:40 PM

*I walk to th bay put on my pants, hood and coat and hop on the truck as i get in my seat i pull my lapel mic through my coat*

e11ff.png

emt.pngsar.pnghazmat.png

Firefighter Aaron Garbus

Engine 11

Shiloh County Fire

"One day, you will be old, you will be frail, and you will be slow.

​Someone will ask you; "What did you do in your day? What did you do in your prime?

​When you were young and strong and fast?" You will tell them you were a fireman; and

​when the day is done, and the page is turned, that will be enough." FDNY Captain

“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets,

nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle.

Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.” Heraclitus

#4 C.Miller

C.Miller

Firefighter Paramedic

• Engine
  • 554 posts
  • Character Hometown:St. Louis

Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:55 PM

*Walking into the bay I step into my boots pull the suspenders up and put my hood and coat on while hopping in the engine as we're pulling out I finish putting my gear on*

'Orders?'

"%20alt=

"%20alt=

Paramedic Firefighter C Miller

Engine 11

#5 K. LeBlanc

K. LeBlanc

Firefighter

• Commissioned Fire

• 73 posts
  • Character Hometown:Cumberland Ridge, Kentucky

Posted 30 July 2018 - 12:00 PM

*As we hear a dispatch for a building fire, I get up and sprint over to the truck with the guys.  I slide down the pole behind the engine and I slam the compartment closed with my gear in it before I head up to the front of the truck.  I pull the electric plug out of the side of the truck as I continue up to the front of the truck and I open up the bay door.  I turn around and I climb into the truck and I start the truck up.  I press the lights as I close the door and I put my headset on.  I press the gear selector on the truck and I press it into drive as I hold the brake.  I count the closing doors as I turn around.  I see four heads in the back of the rig.  I start rolling out of the station as I tap the airhorn and they hit the Q.  As we start rolling to the call, I look to the guys in the back while my dad works the computer.  I figure that they can use the Active app to pull up the map while I drive.  I have an idea how I'll approach the scene, but I want to be sure that I'm coming from the closest hydrant.*

'What intersection's the hydrant?'

Kyle LeBlanc
Squad 7

SCFD Firefighter/Operator

Ex. Kimberly Volunteer Fire Department Member 730
Ex. SCFD Volunteer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users