M. Caldwell

Deputy

• Patrol
  • 181 posts
  • Character Hometown:Pittsburgh

Posted 27 October 2018 - 09:24 PM

"208 Show me going to that home invasion, were not far out"

*I pop a U-turn.*

'There's a pretty good chance this is bullshit. People go off there meds and have delusions, Grandma gets a touch of the dementia thinks agents of the government are out to get her. In case this is real I the perps are likely armed so no lights no siren. I don't want a repeat of the north hollywood shootout. Nothing is worth getting hurt over in this shithole'

Deputy Mike Caldwell

pd210dep.png

#3 M.Lockheart

M.Lockheart

Deputy

• Patrol
  • 17 posts
  • Character Hometown:St. Louis

Posted 28 October 2018 - 02:57 AM

*While driving through Clinton on the way to Kimberly I hear a Home invasion go out in Delmore I grab the radio and flip a u-turn*

"202 responding" 

*Setting the mic down I flip my lights and siren on as I'm responding from a distance*

#4 J. Scott

J. Scott

Probationary Deputy

• Patrol
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 05:53 PM

'Place your bets, sir. Crazy Gramma or someone came home early?' I say to Caldwell, not expecting this to be much.

I've had a few of these calls so far, and precisely zero have turned out to be anything. The last one turned out to be a halloween decoration at the end of a dark hallway that the RP thought was an intruder just standing there. Boy, was she embarrassed when we got there and shone our flashlights on what was only a large halloween decoration that someone left in the hallway without telling her.

*As we turn down Monroe St. I briefly catch a glimpse of something really unusual between some trees. Far ahead of us, around where I suspect the address to be, I see a beat up car in the driveway, all four doors open.

'Hmmm. That's weird.' I say. Before I can clarify further, I see someone carrying a TV towards the car, presumably coming from the house.

'I think this might be legit.' I say as we approach the address.

"208 on scene." I say over the air.

*We come to an abrupt, almost screeching halt in front of the address. The person carrying the TV is trying to shove it in the back seat of the car. Their head and upper torso are inside the car. He or she is obviously oblivious that we've just stopped in front of the residence*

#5 M. Caldwell

M. Caldwell

Deputy

• Patrol
  • 181 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 10:37 PM

*We jump out of the car. I draw my gun as I round the corner of the house I see a disheveled drug addled female in her early 20s. This is a legit home invasion.*

'Sheriff's department Don't move!'

*I take the weaver stance.*

'Hands where I can see them!'

*She jumps up and drops the TV smashing it. She puts her hands in the air. I move forward holstering my weapon.*

'Scott, Grab the shotgun. We're going to need to get a boss and set up a perimeter, Shes not working alone'

*I cuff the perp.*

'Is anyone else in the house?'

'Fuck you! Who the fuck are you?'

Deputy Mike Caldwell

pd210dep.png

#6 J. Scott

J. Scott

Probationary Deputy

• Patrol
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 11:37 PM

I holster my Glock once Caldwell has control of the suspect. Then I reach for my shoulder mic.

"208, we have one in custody with possibly a more still inside the residence. Can you start me additional for a perimeter and a supervisor as well?"

*As I hastily run back to the car to get the shotgun out, I hear the rumbling of trash cans and debris getting knocked around. It sounds as though it is coming from behind the house. I turn around for a second and don't see anything. As I am about to turn back around and continue to the car, I see someone bolt from the side of the house and take off down the sidewalk*

"WE GOT A RUNNER" I yell to Caldwell as I take off in pursuit.

"208, we got one suspect fleeing on foot. *heavy breath* West on Monroe towards Carver. *Heavy breath* I'm in pursuit.

This dude is kind of fast. I am full sprinting and only making small gains on him. He makes a sudden turn into the yard of a house and weaves around some old broken down cars that litter this house's driveway. A medium sized covered chain link fence stands in his way. He takes a second to think about his next move, and then jumps and scales the fence.

"208, suspect has entered the back yard of 21 Monroe street. *heavy breath* Possibly headed North towards Jackson street. *heavy breathing* suspect is wearing a grey hoodie and green *breath* camo pants." I relay as I approach the fence. I jump up and try to climb the fence. Using all my might to pull myself up and over. As my head peaks over the top, I see the suspect running towards the back of the yard and attempting to scale another fence to leave the yard towards Jackson St.

#7 M.Lockheart

M.Lockheart

Deputy

• Patrol
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 01:28 AM

*Coming west on Washington Ave I hear Scott get in a foot pursuit I step on the pedal a bit more turning on to Clinton ave I reach for the radio again.*

"202 to 208 Im on Clinton getting ready to turn on Jackson"

*Setting the mic down I turn on Jackson and see the perp running into a yard and continue North towards Washington I turn right onto Short Rd and the turn back onto Washington as I see the suspect as I get up on Washington I see the suspect crossing the street and going behind the High school.* 

"202 to Units Suspect is continuing North towards Route 40 and Riverside"

#8 H. LeBlanc

H. LeBlanc

Sergeant

• Commissioned Police

• 1,214 posts
  • Character Hometown:Greenville, South Carolina

Posted 29 October 2018 - 01:59 AM

*I hear the call go out and I hesitate for a second before I hit the lights and then hit the siren and tap the horn to get the two cars out from in front of me.  I make my way a few blocks over to County Route 78 before I press the gas down a good bit.  I've always been someone who wanted to hit the hot calls, but something's different I guess now.  I'm not sure really what it is.  I mean I know but I guess that I just don't want to attribute it to that.  Anyway, there's something more important now.  I hear the Ford engine revving as I accelerate past 60 and to just over 70 as I cross the river and head into Delmore.  Once I get to the other side of the river, I slow down and I get over to the right lane.  Then I make a right onto County Road 4 and accelerate again as I get into Delmore.  I start to listen a bit more as I turn off of Route 40 and onto to Eisenhower.  I kill my siren as I make my second left and head toward Jackson st.  But before I can even get to Washington, I hear Lockheart call that he's running toward Route 40, I start to slow down.

"211, to 208, do you need assistance at the initial incident?"

*I call Caldwell because I know that Lockheart and Scott are chasing someone, but I haven't heard anything from Caldwell and there could be more in the house.  I slow down and I get to the U-turn and I stop, with the lights still on as I wait for an answer.*

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Sergeant Hailey LeBlanc

Field Training Officer

#9 J. Scott

J. Scott

Probationary Deputy

• Patrol
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 04:42 AM

*I finish climbing the fence just as he drops to the other side of the fence on the opposite side of the yard. I quickly sprint across the yard and climb another fence to exit the yard. As I peek my head over I see where the suspect is going. I heave myself over the fence and land on my feet on the other side. I'm still in hot pursuit. He has a little bit of distance on me but I see where's he's going. He enters a yard across Jackson st. and I follow. He's tiring out, and I'm slowly gaining ground.

'Jesus, this is ridiculous' I think to myself as I climb yet another damn fence. My arms are numb, my legs are burning, and my lungs are on fire, but I push through. I land on the other side of the fence and find myself on Washington. I see him crossing the street and heading behind the High School. I follow him across the street, but have to pause for a moment to find a gap in traffic.

I cross the street and go to where I last saw the suspect. As I approach the side of the high school I notice some gardeners working on the schools landscaping. 

*breathing hard* 'Hey...did you...see anyone...running by here?. Grey jacket green army pants?' I ask them.

'Yea, he went behinda de beelding to the ehhhh ehsports field.' he replies in a heavy hispanic accent as he points the way.

'Thanks.' I say as I start to jog that direction.

"208 to units suspect was last seen headed towards the sports fields behind Washington High school".

As I round the corner of the building the gardener was telling me about, I see someone in the distance, bending over with his hands on his knees, obviously tired, but not well concealed. I guess he just tired himself out and had to stop.

He looks up and sees me. He bolts, and I speed up to a full sprint again.

"Stop! Sheriff's Department! Stop!" I shout, but to no avail.

#10 M. Caldwell

M. Caldwell

Deputy

• Patrol
  • 181 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 05:49 AM

"211 I need you to meet me at the house. I'm alone at the house with one under and I still need to clear the house."

*I do a quick frisk on my female perp and put her in the back of the car. She protests.*

'You're just racist!'

'Your Whiter then me! What the fuck are you talking about.'

*As I walk her in the back of my car. I pat her down*

'Is there anything I should know about? Anything that can hurt me?'

'I got 2 needles in my pocket.'

*I pat her down and find the 2 needles. I place them on the hood of my car. I place her wallet on the dashboard.*

'Any warrants?'

'No.'

'You lying?'

'You tell me.'

*I close the door on her.*

Deputy Mike Caldwell

pd210dep.png

#11 M.Lockheart

M.Lockheart

Deputy

• Patrol
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 05:57 AM

*Hearing the suspect is going north towards the sports complex I try to get over there fast enough but end up seeing him and Scott running across the field I try to get to Riverside Road as quick and as safe as I can*

"202 to 208 I'll Try to cut him off on Riverside"

*Setting the mic down I head over to Riverside*

#12 J. Scott

J. Scott

Probationary Deputy

• Patrol
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 06:24 AM

*My legs are on fire, but that doesn't phase me. I want to win. I want to win. We continue our chase across what seems like a never ending field.*

'STOP NOW!' I shout, again to no avail.

Suddenly the suspect trips on some uneven grass, and almost face plants into the ground. He is able to recover but the slow-down gave me a huge gain on him.

He runs out of field. Now there is only a small fence separating him from Riverside. He looks back, see's that I'm right on his butt, and jumps up and tries to climb over the fence.

'Oh no you fucking don't' I say as I reach him.

*I reach up and grab him by the hips and pull him back. The first tug was unsuccessful, so I gave a much harder tug the second time before he is able to kick me in the chest. The tug is successful and brings his body weight right on top of me. I fall back, and he lands right on me and rolls off to the side. I quickly try and turn over and get on top of him. He's trying desperately to get up. I get to me knees and pounce on his lower body preventing him from getting up. He slams back down to the floor. He begins kicking and flailing. 

"STOP FIGHTING" I shout at him, struggling to get control of his body. I start climbing up his torso while trying to get some firm footing on the ground so I can get some leverage on him. I reach for one of his arms and manage to grab it, Using all of his might, he starts trying to turn his torso and throws his free elbow back towards my head.*

*SMACK* 

He lands a blind elbow right to the center of my face. My eyes instinctively shut and I back off for a second. My face has a sharp pain which quickly numbs with the adrenaline. 'He's not getting off that easy' I say to myself as I get right back on him. Using all my resolve, I am finally able to corral both his arms. I move my torso up and pin his body under mine. He's still fighting, but I manage to twist one of his arms hard enough for him to stop,

'Alright alright man, I give up, just stop ripping my arm off.' he pleas. 

'You just had to run. Fucking jump all those damn fences...hit me right in the face....now are you going to relax?' I say to him angrily.

'Yea yea man whatever just ease up on the arm.' He pleads again. I reach back for my cuffs and pull them out. I ease up a bit, and try to get a cuff on him. He starts to struggle and tries to get up. Again, I throw myself on his back and pin him to the ground. I look down on his grey hoodie. A few spots of blood are there. Another appears. 'Shit, this fucking guy gave me a goddamn bloody nose.' I think to myself. It's official. I'm pissed.

'I could use another set of hands right about now', I think to myself as I wonder how I'm going to get this guy cuffed.

#13 M.Lockheart

M.Lockheart

Deputy

• Patrol
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 06:22 PM

*Coming onto riverside I see Scott and the suspect nearing a fence that separates them from Riverside. I see Scott rip the suspect off the fence and take an elbow I put the car in park and hop out running towards the fence to help Scott. Hopping the fence I see that the guy is still fighting Scott and there is blood coming from Scott's nose. I reach for my cuffs while Scott keeps him on the ground*

'Sir stop resisting. Scott I got him cuffed'

*I say as I go in to cuff the suspect*

#14 J. Scott

J. Scott

Probationary Deputy

• Patrol
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 04:12 AM

*I have his arms pinned and his body pinned. I move enough to let Lockheart in for the cuff. He gets one arm, then the other.*

*Once he was cuffed, I relaxed and got to me knees. I took a few deep breaths while on my knees, then got up to my feet. Using my right hand I go to plug both of my nostrils, not sure which is bleeding. I give them a quick squeeze and then look at my fingers. Blood on my fingers confirms my suspicions. I use my right hand to squeeze my nostrils together, then use my left hand to help Lockhart bring the perp to his feet.*

'208 we got the suspect in custody.' I say over my radio.

As Lockheart searches him I start talking to him.

'You got any weapons, needles, or anything thats going to stick me or my partner?'

'Fuck off'

*I use my free hand to feel his pockets on one side. They're empty.*

'Was all this shit worth it?'

*He remains silent*

'Are you going to light up the board when I check you for warrants?'

'Just kiss my ass, pig.'

'Well I think if there's anyone that owes an ass kissing its you. I hope you ordered a side of assault with your resisting arrest.' I say a little pissed at this idiot.

*After we finish searching the guy we look around and find a gate and use it to exit the field and go out on to Riverside. Lockheart throws the guy in the back of the car and slams the door.*

'Hey you got a napkin or something?' I ask Lockheart hoping to clean some of this blood off me. It seems like the bleeding has stopped.

'Can I bum a ride back to scene?' I ask.

#15 M.Lockheart

M.Lockheart

Deputy

• Patrol
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 05:35 AM

*Standing the suspect up I search him and finding his wallet and phone. Walking over to the gate and use it I take the suspect to the car and place him in the back when Scott as me if I have a napkin or something*

'Yeah there is a first aid kit in the trunk'

*I say as I pop the trunk and get the first aid kit when he ask if he can get a ride back to Caldwell and Leblanc*

'Yeah I'll give you a ride back over to the main scene'

*Getting in the cruiser I wait till hes in then start heading to Caldwell and Leblanc*

#16 H. LeBlanc

H. LeBlanc

Sergeant

• Commissioned Police

• 1,214 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 06:50 PM

"211 copies, stand by."

*I figured that I was going into the house, but now we know.  I release the brake and hit the gas as I go down to Monroe.  When I arrive, I park my car facing 208 and I unlock my rifle and I step out with the patrol rifle.  As I head toward Caldwell, I key the mic.*

"211's out with 208."

*I head over to him and I see that he already has one in custody.  I face the house and get a quick evaluation as I reach him.*

'All right, you want to head in and clear it?'

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Sergeant Hailey LeBlanc

Field Training Officer

#17 M. Caldwell

M. Caldwell

Deputy

• Patrol
  • 181 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 06:38 AM

'Yeah, I'm ready when you are.'

*We walk into the house with our guns drawn. We quickly clear the first floor and we move upstairs. As we pass by a closet I hear movement behind a door. The Sergeant takes position and I open the door. Behind it is an elderly lady.*

'Do you live here?'

'Yes I called'

'What happened?'

'My Daughter kicked her son out for drugs, He told me he cleaned up his act and 3 weeks after he loft rehab he came home with his girlfriend and stole out of my purse. I told him to leave and they came back to take the TV.'

Deputy Mike Caldwell

pd210dep.png

#18 H. LeBlanc

H. LeBlanc

Sergeant

• Commissioned Police

• 1,214 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 11:34 PM

*As we clear the house, I'm somewhat shocked when there's an older lady that is behind one of the doors.  I listen to the surroundings, trying to hear if anyone else is in the house.  We've got a male and a female, so we probably have them all, but we'll still have to make sure.  As Caldwell starts talking to her, I glance at the door as the two of us step into the room and hear her out.  I glance down both sides of the hallway when she says that they came to take the TV.*

'Just the two of them m'am?'

*She nods, still visibly shaken up.*

'Okay m'am, what's your son's name?'

*She tells me as I take a few steps back and key the mic.  I'm just trying to make sure that we have the scene secured.*

"211 to 208.  Do you have a Dadrian Mitchell?"

*Dadrian.  Sounds like a thug name.  I hear the response as I walk back over to the lady.*

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Sergeant Hailey LeBlanc

Field Training Officer

#19 J. Scott

J. Scott

Probationary Deputy

• Patrol
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 03:28 AM

*Lockheart reads the perp his rights and gets basic info depsite this dude being hostile to us. He throws him in the back, and hands me the first aid kit. I wipe myself off best I can. I then proceed to the passenger side of the car and get in.

*Before taking off from scene I take a moment to run our perp through the computer to see if he has any warrants. Nothing comes up, except a couple drug charges.*

*I get the radio transmission asking about our perp*

'208 to 211 that's affirmative' I reply. 

'Sounds like either someone knows who you are or your partner ratted out your name.' I say.

'Man fuck you.' he says to me trying to act all hard. He ain't. As soon as we lock him up he'll break down like a little bitch, I know it. I can sense it.

*I finish up my check on the guy, and we drive back to the original scene.*

#20 H. LeBlanc

H. LeBlanc

Sergeant

• Commissioned Police

• 1,214 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 01:40 AM

"Copy 208."

*I walk over to Caldwell again as he talks with the occupant.  When there is a lull in the conversation, I step in.*

Me: 'Okay, M'am, we have both your grandson and his girlfriend in custody.  Would you like to press charges?'

Occupant: 'Well I don't want anything bad to happen to them.'

Me: 'I understand that ma'am, but your grandson is going to jail regardless.  He ran from us, which means that he was resisting arrest.'

Occupant: 'He doesn't deserve that.'

Me: 'M'am, he broke the law.  He broke into the house and stole your property.  That's illegal.  If you don't want to press charges, that's fine, but they are both going to jail because they both resisted.  Hopefully this way they can also get help.'

Occupant: 'I understand.'

Me: 'Okay m'am, is there anything else that we can help you with in here?'

Occupant: 'I don't think so.'

Me: 'Okay then, well if you need us, go ahead and give me a call.'

*I give her my card before I take a step back and let Caldwell get any more information that he needs.*

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Sergeant Hailey LeBlanc

Field Training Officer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users