***Incident Command Board***

Command Staff
Incident Command: BC Haynes (Fire)
SD Command: LT Blackburn (SD)
EMS/Triage Command: None, Enroute
FD Operations: Lt. LeBlanc (Fire)

Command Information
Current Time: 0307
Radio Channel: ICS/OPS CMD 1 (EMS Units also operating on MCI Ops and MCI Notification)

Units Requested by Command
MCI Task Force (MD car, MCI Bus)
FD Special Operations Chief

Command Objectives
  • Fire Suppression (SCFD)
  • Vehicle Stabilization and Extrication (SCFD)
  • Scene Security (SCSD)
  • Patient Care (SCFD EMS+ SCFD)
  • EMS Staging Set up (SCSD+ SCFD EMS)
  • FD Staging Set up (SCSD+SCFD)
  • Vehicle Removal (SCSD)
***Fire Accountability Board*** (BC Haynes, SCFD)
Squad 7 (Extrication Group)
Lt. LeBlanc: Operations/Extrication (w/SCFD Watson)
K. LeBlanc: Bus interior
FF Valentine: Fire Suppression (w/SCFD Cook)
PFF: Cook: Fire Suppression (w/SCFD Valentine)

TSU 7
A. Garbus: Bus Extrication (w/SCFD Miller)
C. Miller: Bus Extrication (w/SCFD Garbus)

Engine 19
Lt. Hall: Fire Suppression (w/SCFD Hurd)
J. Hollister: Water Supply Operations
C. Carlson: Fire Suppression (w/SCFD Cpt. Regan)
G. Hurd: Fire Suppression (w/SCFD Lt. Hall)

Engine 14
Lt. Chiles: Staging Officer (w/SCFD Davenport)
M. Davenport: FD Staging Set up (w/SCFD Lt. Chiles)
G. Stocker: EMS Staging Set up (w/SCFD Grant)
M. Grant: EMS Staging Set up (w/SCFD Stocker)

Ladder 32 (Extrication Group)
Lt. Willi: Patient Removal Officer
S. Watson: Ladder Operations (w/SCFD Lt. LeBlanc)
L. Wilmont: Stabilization (w/SCFD Garbus)
B. Tomkins: Stabilization (w/SCFD Garbus)

Rescue 1 (Extrication Group)
Cpt. Regan: Dump Truck Extrication Officer
K. Adams: Dump Truck Extrication
Hackett: Dump Truck Extrication
E. Greenwell: Dump Truck Extrication
***Sheriffs Accountability Board*** (Lt. Blackburn, SCSD)

Lt. A. Blackburn (SD200) Assuming command
Sgt. J. Patterson(SD220) SD command assistance( blocking traffic at Halsey and N.3rd intersections)
Dep. E.Hawke:(SD201) blocking north of crash at N.4th and Bay intersections
(NPC) Snr Tpr. E. Williamson(SST1100) Traffic perimeter control east of SD command on Halsey and N.3rd
(NPC) Tpr T.Grey. (SST1356) Traffic control/assistance on N. 4th and Bay intersections
(NPC) Tpr. A. Simmons(SST1101) Ems staging traffic control/perimeter on N. 2nd and Bay
(NPC) Tpr J. Mendoza(SST1102) Assisting with staging/perimeter on N.2nd and Bay)

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 M. Price

M. Price

ERT Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Character Hometown:Santa Fe, New Mexico

Posted 04 November 2018 - 09:33 AM

*Having gotten tired of hearing about the Mustang's comeback win in the break room I arrive back at my station in time to take the next call.*

'911, where's your emergency?'

'There's been an accident, oh, uh, intersection of North 3rd and Bay Street.'

'What type of accident?'

'A dump truck T-boned a bus.  It's the Mustang's bus.  The dump truck didn't slow down at all.  Holy shit the bus just caught on fire.'

'Did anyone get out?'

'No, not that I can see'

'Okay, hold on I'm sending help now.'

*Muting the call I get on Fire's radio*

"County to FD, units due to intersection of N. 3rd and Bay St. in Ft. Shannon for a Truck Vs Bus.  Bus is reported to be on fire."

"County to EMS, Any available units due to N. 3rd and Bay Street in Ft. Shannon for a MVA involving a dump truck and a bus."

"County to Sheriff's Department, available units respond to North 3rd and Bay Street, Fort Shannon for MVA.  Dump Truck Vs Bus"

*Getting back to the call I get more info to relay to the responding units.*

Notes:

The bus is the Mustang's team bus carrying team members and staff

Current time is 3:00am

Bus is on it's side and almost split open

Dumptruck is right side up with engine block smashed in

Possibly 30 occupants on board bus

#2 N. LeBlanc

N. LeBlanc

Lieutenant

• Commissioned Fire

• 3,605 posts
  • Character Hometown:Home

Posted 04 November 2018 - 07:08 PM

*I hear the station tones drop and I roll over onto my back.  It's probably just EMS, so I'm not that motivated to get up.  But sure enough, it's our tones.*

'Crap.'

*I flip the sheets off of myself and I sit up on side of the bed.  I glance down at my phone and I see that it's a wreck.*

'Damn drunks.'

*I yawn and wipe my eyes as I slip my feet into the side zip boots and I grab my wallet, Leatherman, keys, and phone.  I yawn again and I walk into the engine bay and over to the truck.  While I head over there, I open up the Active 911 alert and I read the notes, which gets me moving.  I slide my shoes off and I step into my bunker boots and I pull my pants up.  Next, I pull my hood on and I toss my radio strap over my left shoulder.  I turn my radio on and then I clip the sway strap to my bunker pants.  before I toss my coat on.  I do the clips and then I pull my hood down as I step into the truck.  As the rest of the guys make their way down, I mark us responding on the computer and I key the mic.*

Me: "Squad 7, 911."

911: "Go ahead."

Me: "Squad 7's responding."

*I start to put my air pack straps on as we head out.*

nleblanc1126.png

e11lt.png
Lieutenant Nicholas LeBlanc, Paramedic, Search and Rescue, HazMat, Diver

Squad 7

service4.pngedu1.png

"You might be a firefighter if your entire wardrobe is t-shirts your friends gave you from their

departments for your birthday, Christmas, anniversary, etc."

-Unknown

"If Prometheus was worthy of the wrath of heaven for kindling the first fire upon earth, how

ought all the gods honor the men who make it their professional business to put it out?"

- John Godfrey Saxe

#3 J.Patterson

J.Patterson

Sergeant

• Commissioned Police

• 750 posts
  • LocationPawtucket Rhode Island
  • Character Hometown:Portland Maine

Posted 04 November 2018 - 07:53 PM

*with us being so short staffed ive predominatly been covering south ft shannon after getting a call to return to the station for paperwork im once again heading south when i hear about a bus crash its just down from the station but im already by city hall so i key my mic as i flip a  180 in city halls parkinglot and book it up court ave destined for the wreck full lights and sirens * "county show patrol supervisior going will advise if i need more units"

pd220sgt.png

Patrol Supervisior-Sergeant Jason Patterson

FTO.jpg

sar.pngMotor%20officer.png

#4 D.Valentine

D.Valentine

Firefighter

• Engine
  • 663 posts
  • Character Hometown:Seekonk,MA

Posted 04 November 2018 - 07:58 PM

*sound asleep i jump up hyper alert at the sounds of the tones  im dead tired but the  replay of the call over my radio wakes me up  ,i dash down from my rack hitting the nearest pole and land then head to throw my gear on and move to climb aboard,the truck already kinda rolling as i slam my door closed* 'figures we get a new truck and all hell seems to be breaking lose'

e11ff.png

Firefighter Dave Valentine,SCFD

Engine 11

sar.png

#5 K. LeBlanc

K. LeBlanc

Firefighter

• Commissioned Fire

• 78 posts
  • Character Hometown:Cumberland Ridge, Kentucky

Posted 05 November 2018 - 01:12 AM

*As I'm sleeping, I'm vaguely woken up by the tones, but I don't even bother getting up.  I hear some of the guys go out and I figure that its EMS.  About a minute later, I hear Garbus.*

Garbus: 'Yo Kentucky.'

Me: 'Yeah?'

Garbus: 'Let's go.  Fire call.'

Me: 'Shit all right.'

*I toss the sheets back and get out of bed.  I grab my job shirt and take a few seconds to get everything together before I head out behind the guys.  When I get to the pole, I head down behind Garbus and Dave and I head over to the engine.  I reach into the opened door and I press the power switch to allow me to turn the truck on.  While the truck is going through it's boot up process, I head to the door and open it up.  I walk back and shut my compartment before I climb into the truck and hit the ignition followed by the lights.  I put my headset on after closing my door.  I let out a long yawn before I turn back and see that Garbus isn't in the rig.  I look back and see that he's taking the TSU with Miller.  I guess they're playing cribbing and stabilization wagon for now.*

'We good?'

*I hear the vocal communication stop from the guys when it gets cutoff by us calling 911 to go responding.  I pull out of the station and start to head to the scene.  I don't hit the siren since there's basically no one on the road right now.  I start passing Lyons to head to Bay Street when I get redirected by Nick as I hook a sharper than I'd like right turn.  As we head up Lyons, I can see a header already and I relay it to the guys.*

'That's a header.  Looks like a job guys.'

*I glance into the mirror behind me to see the TSU behind me as we get closer to the scene.*

Kyle LeBlanc
Squad 7

SCFD Firefighter/Operator

Ex. Kimberly Volunteer Fire Department Member 730
Ex. SCFD Volunteer

#6 L. Cook

L. Cook

Probationary Firefighter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Character Hometown:Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Posted 05 November 2018 - 01:17 AM

*Still awake cleaning dishes I pause what I'm doing when I hear the tones go off.  Hearing it's for us I put down the silverware that I'm cleaning into the sink and rush to the truck.  Grabbing my gear I get into my seat and gear up as we head to the crash.*

Probationary Firefighter

Landon Cook

#7 E. Hawke

E. Hawke

Deputy

• Patrol
  • 680 posts
  • Character Hometown:Skowhegan, Maine

Posted 05 November 2018 - 01:38 AM

*Hanging around the community college in Ft. Shannon when the call comes out I immediately get myself going.  Truck versus bus, this isn't going to be pretty as I think back to a story earlier in the year about a hockey team in Canada that had a bus accident.  After flipping on my lights I key up my radio.*

"201 responding, I'll block off north of the crash"

*Letting go of my mic I pick up my speed as I race across N. 6th with thoughts hoping this won't be like the Humboldt Broncos.*

pd201dep.png

Deputy Evelyn Hawke

purpleheart.pngservice2.png

sar.png

#8 N. LeBlanc

N. LeBlanc

Lieutenant

• Commissioned Fire

• 3,605 posts
  • Character Hometown:Home

Posted 05 November 2018 - 02:24 AM

*As we keep heading toward the scene, I can see the header and the orange glow.  I keep listening to the radio, but I don't hear anything from Engine 19.  It's between our two first dues, so depending on how fast we arrive will tell who gets there first.*

'Oh shit.  19's probably tied up with the traffic from the damn game.'

*The guys at 19 were having problems last night with people parking and blocking them from getting out of their station.  They're a squrt, so that's going to delay them because they need all of the swing that they can get in that tight ass station even though their truck is only a foot or so longer than a normal engine.  We'll probably be first in.  I read the notes again on the computer before I brief the guys.*

'All righty boys, we're going to get this new rig her first pin-in tonight.  Computer says that it's a dump truck versus a bus.  Bus is on fire and on its side.  They're saying up to 30 trapped.  When we get there, Cook, Dave, pull the bumper line.  Kyle, don't worry about water supply.  We'll get 19 to drop us a tail if we need it.  We should beat them in.  Garbus and Miller are going to take the lead on extrication.  Everybody just stay calm.'

*As I finish getting my air pack on, we make the turn onto N 3rd Street.  It's already chaos.  There's a unanimous "oh shit" by everyone on board as we pull up to the scene.  I pull my air pack from its bracket as I pull my headset off and step down from the truck.  I glance down at my radio as I key my shoulder mic outside of my coat.*

Me: "Squad 7, 911."

911: "Go."

Me: "Squad 7's going to be on scene at North 3rd and Bay.  We have a MVA at this location, two commercial vehicles involved, one vehicle has also rolled and is on fire.  Squad 7 is going to performing fire suppression and extrication...  Continue me in two engine companies and a rescue.  Also continue in my chiefs advise the SOC chief.  Squad 7 will have North Third Command.  We're going to be operating on Ops 1."

*I take a step up and I grab my hook from the dog house as I look back at the TSU.  I see Garbus and Miller coming up to me and I stop them before they get to the scene.*

'I'm going to go and size up the vehicles.  I need you guys to do extrication.'

*I take a step away from them and walk toward the bus.  While I do that, I key the mic.*

Me: "North Third Command to Engine 19."

Engine 19: "Go ahead, Command."

Me: "19, I need you engine to secure a water supply for Squad 7."

*As I walk past the guys on the way to the bus, I see that the guys are still working to deploy the bumper line and get it in service, so I start trying to size up the wreck.  I go to the dump truck first since it's not burning and I see that the driver is unconscious and it looks like I can't get his door open.  I'm not going to try and open up the other door.*

'PIN!'

*As I take a step away from the truck, I head over to the bus.  I've already got my helmet off as I put my mask on.  I debate leaving my hood off, but I decide to pull it up.  Once I've got it on, I start checking the bus.  There's not a shot that we're going to be able to get anyone out through a window unless we throw a ladder, and we're not doing that now.  It's a coach bus, so there aren't really any emergency access, other than the windows.  I head to the front of the bus and try to see inside.  I hit my flashlight on my coat and I can see that there are definitely people in the bus who aren't reacting.  I take a step back and pull my regulator out of my mask.*

Me: "North Third Command to 911."

911: "Go ahead command."

Me: "All right.  I've got an unknown number of patients, at least ten.  I'm going to need an MCI task force to my location.  We're gonna be beginning extrication now.  I'm also going to need a truck company for extrication assistance.  I also need multiple SD units to secure traffic in this area.  I need staging areas set up as well.  North Third Command is requesting a major incident channel and the MCI channels."

911: "Copy.  You're clear to operate on ICS 1 and the MCI channels."

Me: "Copy, thank you.  Can you advise my responding units?"

*As I finish with the radio, I listen to the tones go out on Ops 1 to alert all of the fire and EMS crews to switch channels.  I then take my helmet off and leave it on the bumper of the engine as I pull my face piece off and I grab the command board out of the back of the squad.  We're going to be working here for a while.  I also release the computer from the truck and I set it up on the bumper of the truck with a map of the incident.  I figure out the streets that I want to close off for a fire staging area and an EMS one so that we don't have a cluster at the scene.  I flip my radio over to the ICS channel and key the mic as I set up the accountability board.*

"North Third Command to Units responding, command is set up at the front of Squad 7.  BREAK North Third Command to responding SD Supervisor.  I need units to secure Bay Street at North 2nd and North 4th.  I also need units to secure Halsey and North 3rd.  We're going to set up staging areas at North 2nd and North 4th."

*I wait to hear a response before I push the updated staging locations to the responding crews.*

nleblanc1126.png

e11lt.png
Lieutenant Nicholas LeBlanc, Paramedic, Search and Rescue, HazMat, Diver

Squad 7

service4.pngedu1.png

"You might be a firefighter if your entire wardrobe is t-shirts your friends gave you from their

departments for your birthday, Christmas, anniversary, etc."

-Unknown

"If Prometheus was worthy of the wrath of heaven for kindling the first fire upon earth, how

ought all the gods honor the men who make it their professional business to put it out?"

- John Godfrey Saxe

#9 J.Patterson

J.Patterson

Sergeant

• Commissioned Police

• 750 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 02:47 AM

*after kinda drag racing the squad i see it come to a stop i kill my sirens as i hear fiers request over the radio i debate pulling through the scene to head south but i elect aganst it instead i park up behind the squad blocking halsey and i key my mic* "220 to responding deputies,i have halsey and 3rd blocked i need a car or two to approch south of the wreck,shut down the road from  north 2nd,i also need a unit on bay north and south to block off bay itself,isolate 3rd street, for traffic comming west stop them at lyons ave divert them around the staging areas" * i step outta my truck donning my traffic vest uttering a curse as its gonna be a loooooooooooong shift* i move to set up flares and cones behind the engine with my explorer as the centerpeice  of the display*

pd220sgt.png

FTO.jpg

#10 E. Hawke

E. Hawke

Deputy

• Patrol
  • 680 posts
  • Character Hometown:Skowhegan, Maine

Posted 05 November 2018 - 02:56 AM

*Hearing the updates I kind of ignore them as I was going to block off the N. 4th and Bay Street intersection anyways.  Unless told otherwise.  Now arriving at it I pull up to the middle of the intersection and park the Ford while keying up the mic.*

"201 on scene, blocking off Bay Street at the N. 4th intersection."

*Letting go of the mic I get out of the vehicle, throw on my traffic vest, and get some flares as well as cones from the trunk.  Placing the cones and flares in a line across Bay Street I start diverting cars onto N. 4th while letting car's stuck south of me on Bay Street out of the area.*

pd201dep.png

Deputy Evelyn Hawke

purpleheart.pngservice2.png

sar.png

#11 L. Sparks

L. Sparks

Paramedic

• EMS
  • 69 posts
  • Character Hometown:Los Angeles, CA

Posted 05 November 2018 - 03:35 AM

*I wake up to the tones.*

I was actually asleep! Damn it!

*I get up, doing the typical night call routine. I throw my legs off the bed and into my boots and pants, pulling them up as I stand. I grab my job shirt and pull it over my department T-shirt and grab my department logo'd hat hanging by the door on the way out. I make my way down to the bay, unlock M1, and get into the passenger's side of the cab. I hear the driver's side door open soon after. I pick up the radio while hitting "en route" on the MDC.

"Medic 1 copies, North 3rd and Bay, we're enroute from station." I say over the radio like a half-asleep robot. 

I honestly have no idea what this call even is about, typical 3am bullshit probably. My curiosity gets the best of me and I actually start to read the call on the MDC.

'TC bus....wonderful. Dump truck rear ended an empty bus, calling it now. AMA and back in bed in 25 minutes tops.' I say to Breslin as she closes her door and starts the rig up.

*I notice I haven't scrolled all the way down in the notes. I scroll down and read. My jaw drops*

'Holy shit, nevermind. We might have a legit MCI here.' 

I'm now 100% fully awake.

mpm.png

Paramedic Logan Sparks

Medic - 1

#12 E. Sjostrom

E. Sjostrom

EMT

• EMS
  • 810 posts
  • Character Hometown:Washington D.C.

Posted 05 November 2018 - 03:39 AM

*Waking up to the tones I at first think they're for fire until I hear that it's for us as well.  Quickly hopping out of my bunk I get back into my pants and boots. My hair is a bit of a mess but I'll fix it while I'm in the truck.  Throwing on my jacket I rush out to the bay and see that Fire's new Squad truck has already left.  Getting to M3 I head to the passenger's side and get in as Jackson gets into the driver's seat.  As we pull out I flip on the lights and sirens while keying up the mic on my shoulder.*

"M3 responding"

*Letting go of the mic I tie my hair into a loose ponytail and yawn.*

memt.png

EMT Erika Sjostrom

Medic 3

#13 L. Cook

L. Cook

Probationary Firefighter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Character Hometown:Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Posted 05 November 2018 - 03:43 AM

*Arriving on scene, I have my orders, I jump out of the truck and go to the bumper while fastening together the rest of my gear.  Reaching the bumper I pull the line alongside Valentine.*

Probationary Firefighter

Landon Cook

#14 D.Valentine

D.Valentine

Firefighter

• Engine
  • 663 posts
  • Character Hometown:Seekonk,MA

Posted 05 November 2018 - 04:34 AM

*as we roll to the call nick gives his orders if this really is the mustangs bus  a part of me wants to hesitate but the job training and my discipline override that part,its my job after all to fix shit like this wreck so i dismount in full turnouts hood down mask hanging for now as cook moves to get the bumper line i see my buddy jason pop  and lay cones and flares,then i see him  pace his trucks computer on the locker in the back hes setting up a makeshift pd HQ  while obviously organizing the other cops  normally id let the rokie run the nozzle but on a call like this experence counts so i take point after were done  flaking it out he gets situated behind me i key my mic* "7 Valentine to 7 Engineer,charge the bumpers quick attack line"  i give nick a nod as me and landon move to  presumably hit the fire*

e11ff.png

Firefighter Dave Valentine,SCFD

Engine 11

sar.png

#15 J.Patterson

J.Patterson

Sergeant

• Commissioned Police

• 750 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 07:39 AM

*as the squad rolls up and starts doing its thing i set a backup department portable i keep in the truck,normally reserved for SAR to  the main command channel for the incident if only to monitor things i debate texting the captian but ill let andrew piss him off so i key my mic as i finish setting up my computer in the back of my truck theres only myself and evelyn right now but that will soon change* "county from 220,get the Lt started this way please ive got intrim command setup on north 3rd and halsey intersections by fire command its looking like a confirmed MCI at this time and  i want everything from Halsey to Bay locked down   keep deputies rolling to  the south of the crash ,and remind em to  remember  there traffic vests i rather not have anybody else hurt on this" *i release my PTT and pull up the map on my MDT,now its a waiting game,and i hate waiting but  such is the life of my rank and role on calls like this even though if the bus wasent on fire id probably be in it with the firemen trying to get people out on the bright side atleast its not raining*

pd220sgt.png

FTO.jpg

#16 A. Blackburn

A. Blackburn

Lieutenant

• Administrators
  • 886 posts
  • Character Hometown:St. Paul, Minnesota

Posted 05 November 2018 - 07:50 AM

*Hearing the chatter on the call go on from my office as I go through paperwork I hear the request for me to be on scene.  Getting out of my chair I gather my stuff and head on down to 200.  Getting into the vehicle I start her up and look through the notes before I make my way to the scene.  Since this is an MCI and I don't see the requests for them I take the honor of doing the job myself as I key up the mic*

"200 responding.  Dispatch inform 400, and send Emergency Management as well as the ME"

*Letting go of the mic I flip on the lights and sirens as I leave the station.*

Lieutenant Andrew Blackburn

Platoon Commander (200)

edu.pngexcellence.pngservice2.png

emt.png

#17 C.Miller

C.Miller

Firefighter Paramedic

• Engine
  • 556 posts
  • Character Hometown:St. Louis

Posted 05 November 2018 - 07:47 PM

*Waking up from the tones I jog to the pole and slide down then jog over to the TSU opening the door and starting it up I hop out and put my bunker pants on and toss my coat and helmet in the truck and climb back in after Garbus gets in and puts us en route I pull out right behind the Squad*

'Hope this isn't as bad as there putting it'

*I say to Garbus. Pulling up on scene I pull up behind the Squad and set the parking brake and hop out grabbing my coat and helmet and start to walk up to Nick when he tells me and Garbus is doing extrication*

"%20alt=

"%20alt=

Paramedic Firefighter C Miller

Engine 11

#18 J.Patterson

J.Patterson

Sergeant

• Commissioned Police

• 750 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 08:01 PM

*as i see more fire aparatus roll up i wave em by my boss is comming but ive still yet to hear on deputies for the south as a crowd starts gathering i key my mic* "county from 220, can you advise if ive got more units comming aside from 200 and 400,i still need cars south of the crash,break 220 to 200 direct,sir im not sure if i can contact the other shift or other agencys i really need manpower up here  people are waking up,whats eta on yourself and backup?" * i release my ptt moving to tie off what i can as a makeshift barricade between myself and the fire vehicles its just generic  yellow police line tape but at least its something as i hope i dident sound both desperate or foolish over my primary radio asking for help just now* 

pd220sgt.png

FTO.jpg

#19 Z. Russo

Z. Russo

Captain

• Administrators

• 2,730 posts
  • Character Hometown:Brooklyn, NY

Posted 05 November 2018 - 11:33 PM

*My phone buzzes. As the screen lights up the room, I feel Steph put her arm around me as I move to get out of bed.*

'Don't go.'

*She says as I unlock my phone and answer the page app.*

'I have to, looks like there was a bus accident.'

'You have good people. They can handle that.'

'If it's as bad as they say it is this could be national news.'

*I say as I walk over to the closet and get my uniform on. Steph rolls over and checks her phone.*

'There's already something about this on the news'

*I open up my gun lockbox and get my sig and place it in my holster. I lean over on my way out of the room and kiss Steph.*

'I'll be home later, Love you.'

*I walk down to my truck and get in, I turn on the lights and pull out of my driveway. Taking the Mobile mic*

"Duty Captain is responding from home."

pd400cpt.png

Captain Zach Russo

Sheriff Duty Officer (400)

phoxlindattacks.png

excellence.pngmoy2015.pngplat.png

edu1.pnglife.pngservice4.png

emt.pngsar.png

#20 K. LeBlanc

K. LeBlanc

Firefighter

• Commissioned Fire

• 78 posts
  • Character Hometown:Cumberland Ridge, Kentucky

Posted 06 November 2018 - 12:32 AM

*I nod when I hear not to grab a water supply.  As we get closer, I can definitely tell that we're fighting the traffic from the game.  Either that or the wreck.  As I make the turn off of Halsey and onto N 3rd, it's chaos, lit up by the fire.  The front of the dump truck is completely demolished and the bus is almost not recognizable.  I bring us as close as I can, probably 75 feet away or so.  I want to be close enough for the guys to be able to deploy the bumper line and the hydraulic reels, but since we're the first people on scene of anyone, I want to keep us back since they'll probably run command from right in front of the truck.  I bring us to a stop before I put the truck in neutral and then the emergency brake.  I shift it down into pump and then I gently press on the gas.  The engine purred, but the truck didn't move and the RPMs didn't register on the dashboard.  That's something I've got to get used to with the new trucks.  I shake my head as I step down from the truck.  I'll have to put the lights on in a few minutes.  I walk up to the front of the truck where Dave and Cook are pulling the bumper line.  I angled the truck so the hydraulic lines would be closer, so there's that, but it'll make it harder for them to pull the bumper line.  As Dave leads off with Cook following, I check to make sure that the stretch works well.  While they do that, I head back to the pump panel.  I do a customary glance at all of my gages before get to work.  First, I start with getting water from the tank to pump and to circulate the tank.  Next, I work with the pressure on the governor.  The truck is set to a 130 PSI pressure, but I want to up that to 150, so I change it on the electronic gage.  Once I'm happy with what it shows, I match the color to the correct discharge and verify that I've got the correct one.  I hear the tones drop again on the radio for us to switch channels.  Of course it's in a different bank.  I look down at my radio and I press the M key and the side button to unlock it and then I switch over to what I'm calling the "Oh Shit" bank.  I turn the dial one channel and verify that I'm on the correct channel before I lock my radio back so that I don't go back to normal channels.  When I hear the guys call for water, I easily pull the valve back.  Once I've got it all the way back, I turn it to ensure that the valve won't get closed by someone walking past our truck on the way to the scene.  I key the mic as I step back to make visible contact with them.*

"Squad 7 Operator to Squad 7 Valentine, water's comin'."

*I take a step back to pull my chocks out and to chock my drive wheels.  After that, I head up to the cab and I put on the scene lights that I can get on from up there.  I then open my compartment to get my gear, but also to get the controller for the cab light tower.  I raise the tower and point it toward the scene so that the guys will be able to see better for extrication.  When that's done, I see the Hollister from 19 coming over with a section 5" supply line.  I remove the cap on my master intake valve and I let him hook up the Stortz connection.  Once we've got it, I crack the intake valve on the intake to let the air out.*

'Thanks man.'

*As Hollister heads back to his truck, I watch the line fill up a few seconds later.  Once it's done, I watch for the air to vent off through the intake valve before it starts to let off a mist from the valve.  I close the valve before I close off the tank to pump valve to let the water supply my pressure as well as to fill my tank.  Once it's done, I put my gear on because I'm sure that I'll have to help them with extrication.  Once I've got my gear on, I grab the Hurst spreaders tool and the orange reel and I pull it toward the scene.  Once I've gotten that, I grab the green reel and the Hurst cutters and pull them over to right next to the spreaders.  Once I'm done, I walk back to the truck andI put my extrication gloves on after flipping the generator on.  I look back to figure out whatever else I need for the guys.*

Kyle LeBlanc
Squad 7

SCFD Firefighter/Operator

Ex. Kimberly Volunteer Fire Department Member 730
Ex. SCFD Volunteer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users