#42 A.garbus

A.garbus

Firefighter

• Engine
  • 111 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC
  • Character Hometown:Matthews, NC

Posted 14 November 2018 - 10:46 PM

* I hear Miller tell me that the equipment is at the bus. I command the 2 people for Ladder to start cribbing the bus as we prepare our plan for extricating the people off the bus. a few minutes pass by and we get the bus stabilized.*

'Miller and Tompkins take the cutter and cut the door on the back of the bus, me and Wilmont will take the sawsaw's and begin cutting the rest of the back of the bus.'

"command TSU is beginning extrication of the bus now will give up dates as we have them"

*I see miller grab the cutters and make is way to the back and I follow him with the sawsaw. when we get to the back I point to the top and bottom of the hing side of the door and have him cut in those two points along with where the door meets the window.*

e11ff.png

emt.pngsar.pnghazmat.png

Firefighter Aaron Garbus

Engine 11

Shiloh County Fire

"One day, you will be old, you will be frail, and you will be slow.

​Someone will ask you; "What did you do in your day? What did you do in your prime?

​When you were young and strong and fast?" You will tell them you were a fireman; and

​when the day is done, and the page is turned, that will be enough." FDNY Captain

“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets,

nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle.

Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.” Heraclitus

#43 A. Breslin

A. Breslin

EMS Lieutenant

• Commissioned Fire

• 848 posts
  • LocationArizona
  • Character Hometown:Scottsdale

Posted 16 November 2018 - 04:42 AM

*I step out of the ambulance and here FD starting to cut.*

"M1 on scene establishing command."

*We grab the stretcher. I hop in the back and grab the triage tags.*

'Sparks grab the monitor. We're going to need to pronounce. You're going to be Triage officer.'

*We put everything on the stretcher and make our way over to the *

"M1 to M3 were going to meet you at the triage area."

edolt.png
Paramedic Lieutenant Alyssa Breslin
EMS Duty Officer (EDO-1)

#44 N. LeBlanc

N. LeBlanc

Lieutenant

• Commissioned Fire

• 3,609 posts
  • Character Hometown:Home

Posted 16 November 2018 - 04:47 AM

*I pull out the end that I need from the rope bag and I lower it down to the guys below me.  I give them a few feet of slack and I turn around again.*

'Hey Steve!'

*I take the rope bag and hand it over the beam of the ladder.  I give it a few good swings before I let it fly down the length of the ladder to Steve on the turntable.  That way we'll have the mechanical advantage of the ladder so that we can pull the patients up.  As I turn around and work on my rigging, I hear Dave call me on the radio.  I look down and I see them standing outside the bus, still holding the line.*

'Dave.'

*They don't turn around as they look back toward us.*

'DAVE!'

*Still nothing.  I cup my hands around my mouth and yell as loud as I can.  Still nothing.  I grab my flashlight on the coat and I start flashing it at them while I yell at them.  Finally, they turn to me.  I motion for them to come to me as I work off the ladder.*

'Drop the line back there and help with the extrication.  We're going to try to get them out through the top.'

*I look down and I the front of the bus already laddered and the guys start trying to head in from the top so that I can start helping them lift patients with the ladder.*

nleblanc1126.png

e11lt.png
Lieutenant Nicholas LeBlanc, Paramedic, Search and Rescue, HazMat, Diver

Squad 7

service4.pngedu1.png

"You might be a firefighter if your entire wardrobe is t-shirts your friends gave you from their

departments for your birthday, Christmas, anniversary, etc."

-Unknown

"If Prometheus was worthy of the wrath of heaven for kindling the first fire upon earth, how

ought all the gods honor the men who make it their professional business to put it out?"

- John Godfrey Saxe

#45 K. LeBlanc

K. LeBlanc

Firefighter

• Commissioned Fire

• 78 posts
  • Character Hometown:Cumberland Ridge, Kentucky

Posted 16 November 2018 - 04:56 AM

*More equipment shuttling.  By now, I've changed my job shirt for my bunker coat.  I grab my helmet when I hear them doing extrication and I grab the straight ladder and the ropes before I head over to the bus.  I get to the bus and I put the ladder down about fifteen feet back from the bus before I head over with the ropes.  I slide the stokes basket to just below the tip of the ladder and I get ready to help them rig that.  While I'm waiting, I head over to the straight ladder and I grab the two center rungs and I power cling it up and onto my shoulder.  Then, I walk over to the bus and I push the butt of the ladder into the bottom of the bus before I pull it out to get a good climbing angle.  Once I've got that, I bend my knees and roll the ladder over so that I won't be standing on the windows.  I get Cook to foot the ladder for me as I climb up the ladder to the top of the bus.  I stay on my knees since I'm basically moving on very light sheet metal and over to one of the windows.  I've got a harness on, so that I can head down and into the bus.  I turn around and take one of the straight ladders from one of the guys on the ground and I stick the ladder down and into the bus.  I look over at the guys.*

'I'm heading into the bus.'

*I head down the ladder and I start looking for patients.  I find the closest one to me and he's unconscious, but he's got a pulse.  Pretty much all of the are.  I look up and key the mic.*

"7 Operator to 32, I've got a patient.  Go ahead and send me down the basket."

*I look up and wait for the basket to come down so that I can get them out.*

Kyle LeBlanc
Squad 7

SCFD Firefighter/Operator

Ex. Kimberly Volunteer Fire Department Member 730
Ex. SCFD Volunteer

#46 Z. Russo

Z. Russo

Captain

• Administrators

• 2,731 posts
  • Character Hometown:Brooklyn, NY

Posted 16 November 2018 - 03:37 PM

*After dealing with traffic the whole way here. I pull up next to 200*

"Duty captain is out with 200."

*I grab the portable out of the charger and clip it to my belt. Stepping out I put my cover on and find Blackburn. Finding him in the command area I see the media is here.*

'Give me the rundown'

pd400cpt.png

Captain Zach Russo

Sheriff Duty Officer (400)

phoxlindattacks.png

excellence.pngmoy2015.pngplat.png

edu1.pnglife.pngservice4.png

emt.pngsar.png

#47 A. Blackburn

A. Blackburn

Lieutenant

• Administrators
  • 887 posts
  • Character Hometown:St. Paul, Minnesota

Posted 16 November 2018 - 04:03 PM

'Okay, we got a bus on it's side and the truck that hit it.  Fire says there's 15 in there but I don't know if that's alive or just in total.  My guess is there's probably 30 to 40 in there in total though if it's the Mustang's bus.  We've got the roads north, south, and east, here, blocked off from traffic with help from the staties.  Fire is starting to extract the victims and we're still getting statements from witnesses.'

Lieutenant Andrew Blackburn

Platoon Commander (200)

edu.pngexcellence.pngservice2.png

emt.png

#48 E. Sjostrom

E. Sjostrom

EMT

• EMS
  • 811 posts
  • Character Hometown:Washington D.C.

Posted 17 November 2018 - 03:42 AM

*Hearing the update from Breslin over the radio I check to make sure we've got everything we'll need on the stretcher.*

'Alright, let's go'

*Being behind the stretcher I begin pushing it to where the triage area is.*

memt.png

EMT Erika Sjostrom

Medic 3

#49 A.garbus

A.garbus

Firefighter

• Engine
  • 111 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 17 November 2018 - 01:41 PM

*I finish making my cuts to the back of the bus and me, miller and the guys from 32 pull the piece of bus out of the way and we begin to make our way into the bus to help get patients out.*

"TSU to COmmand"

"GO ahead TSU"

"TSU to Command extrication complete we are making our way into the bus to start victim removal will let you know if we need further resources"

"Command copys"

'Miller Wilmont and Tomkins lets start triaging patients and removing based on priority. Reds first, then yellows then greens and blacks will be last'

*As we walk against the glass bus side we start to see a lot of patients a lot which aren't moving*

e11ff.png

emt.pngsar.pnghazmat.png

Firefighter Aaron Garbus

Engine 11

Shiloh County Fire

​Someone will ask you; "What did you do in your day? What did you do in your prime?

​When you were young and strong and fast?" You will tell them you were a fireman; and

​when the day is done, and the page is turned, that will be enough." FDNY Captain

“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets,

nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle.

Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.” Heraclitus

#50 D. Johnson

D. Johnson

Deputy

• Patrol

• 113 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 01:45 PM

* I pull up on scene and I see what looks be a cluster of an incident*

"210 on scene"

"Command where do you need me"

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Deputy Dan Johnson

#51 A. Blackburn

A. Blackburn

Lieutenant

• Administrators
  • 887 posts
  • Character Hometown:St. Paul, Minnesota

Posted 19 November 2018 - 10:28 PM

*Hearing 210 come on scene and ask what we need him to do I key up my radio to respond.*

"200 to 210, start getting details of the crash from any witnesses who might still be around"

Lieutenant Andrew Blackburn

Platoon Commander (200)

edu.pngexcellence.pngservice2.png

emt.png

#52 N. LeBlanc

N. LeBlanc

Lieutenant

• Commissioned Fire

• 3,609 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 04:49 AM

*I go ahead and drop down the stokes basket down to Kyle.  When he has it, I hold it there for a few and tie it off to the ladder rung just before me.  Once he's got one packaged, I turn around to Steve.*

'UP!'

*Steve raises the ladder about fifteen feet, while extending it to keep the stokes straight before he rotates and retracts the ladder until I can get the basket on the ground.  I hear Kyle again call for the stokes basket as we get the backboard out of the stokes basket.  One of the guys from 14 takes the backboard and swaps it with another one as they use it to carry the patient over to EMS.  I key the mic as we start to head back to over the bus.*

"Operations to Command, we have a patient extricated now.  BREAK.  Operations to EMS, be advised, you have a patient coming to you now."

*As we get into position on top of the bus again, I release the knot and lower the basket into the bus.  While Kyle finishes packaging the victim, I listen to Garbus say that the back of the bus is open.  I watch as they start working to get people out of the back.  I know that there is a mess of metal from some of the seats broken off, so there's going to be some challenges to get the patients out in the front, so that's why I need Kyle to keep getting the patients out.  As we get the second one out, we continue the process while Garbus works on the rest of the other 10 patients.*

nleblanc1126.png

e11lt.png

Squad 7

service4.pngedu1.png

"You might be a firefighter if your entire wardrobe is t-shirts your friends gave you from their

-Unknown

"If Prometheus was worthy of the wrath of heaven for kindling the first fire upon earth, how

ought all the gods honor the men who make it their professional business to put it out?"

- John Godfrey Saxe

#53 A.garbus

A.garbus

Firefighter

• Engine
  • 111 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 23 November 2018 - 12:13 AM

"Extrication to Command"

Command: "go ahead Extrication"

Me: "I have at least 2 DOA's so far and 4 Red's and 1 green and 3 yellows, we a beginning to move our red's out the rear of the bus"

Command: "10-4"

Me: "go ahead and send us multiple backboards and stokes baskets"

*We begin to package our most critical patients first and getting moved out of bus so that they can be transported*

Me: "Extrication to EMS be advised we are moving patients out the back of the bus"

e11ff.png

emt.pngsar.pnghazmat.png

Firefighter Aaron Garbus

Engine 11

Shiloh County Fire

#54 J.Patterson

J.Patterson

Sergeant

• Commissioned Police

• 751 posts
  • LocationPawtucket Rhode Island
  • Character Hometown:Portland Maine

Posted 23 November 2018 - 09:19 PM

'so the truck was swerving?' * i respond to a witness ive managed to track down while i hear the radios go off as people get extracated by now ive already turned 3 reporters away refered another 2 to the captian and have been repeating the words  no comment at this time like a broken record,the women or what  but with the voice as deep as heres is im skeptical that im interviewing,a working girl no doubt trying to prevent me collaring her for her work over eagerly resumes*

hooker: yeah,i was standing here and saw that wack ass driver swerving,runs through the light at 2nd street,and met that bus in the middle of 3rd all over the damn road like he was tired or drunk,outta state plates came absolutle screaming down bay,met that bus where yall found it at 3rd,guy i had musta called in the crash cause he dident even pay me and i havent been arrested'

* i nod jotting in my note pad,electing to ignore her comment about money* 'and your name ,ma'am?'

hooker: 'Destiny',call me Destiny, Sergeant..Patterson'

* i resist the urge to roll my eyes as i look back over my notes* 'anything else,if not clear on outta here'

Destiny: ' glad i could help ya suger' * he or she quips shaking her head then turns to leave walking in a manner that screams  of a last attempt to seduce me,as i turn back to the captian and andrew*

'hey soo people all say the same thing' * i start as i walk up*, 'truck ran the red was all over the road,the bus wound up in its way, three separate witnesses all essentally the same story, further confirmed by a working girl between second and 3rd,given the shit show i let her go but ill add her name to the database'

pd220sgt.png

Patrol Supervisior-Sergeant Jason Patterson

FTO.jpg

sar.pngMotor%20officer.png

#55 N. LeBlanc

N. LeBlanc

Lieutenant

• Commissioned Fire

• 3,609 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 05:25 PM

*I watch as 14 continues to help the guys get the patients out of the back of the bus.  We got two of the reds out at least, but the rest of the guys work on getting the patients out through the back of the bus.  Since the guys in the back are having to remove seats in the back to get to their patients, Kyle, Steve, and I keep trying to pull people from the front.  I've lost count of the patients at this point.  There's got to be at least 20 that have come out, and I'm really not paying attention to the guys in the back.  There are still plenty of people in the bus because I can still hear some of them complaining of various pains.  I look back toward the EMS rigs as the guys back there start to work on their patients.  They're going to get plenty.  I sigh and look back down as we lift another patient out.  I don't know how they did, but the back of the bus is just destroyed.  This almost would have been an easier extrication if the entire bus was hit harder so that the thing would have split.  I sigh as I turn around and watch some more 14 guys work to bring patients over to EMS instead of leaving them at the spot where I'm putting them once we get them out of the bus.*

nleblanc1126.png

e11lt.png

Squad 7

service4.pngedu1.png

-Unknown

- John Godfrey Saxe

#56 E. Sjostrom

E. Sjostrom

EMT

• EMS
  • 811 posts
  • Character Hometown:Washington D.C.

Posted 06 December 2018 - 04:17 AM

*As fire gets the patients out of the bus and hands them over to the other EMS agencies on the scene we wait until they hand one over to us.  When we are finally handed a patient we get him on the stretcher and start looking him over.*

'Sir, I'm Erika Sjostrom with County FD-EMS, we're going to take care of you.  Can you tell me your name?'

*The guy appears to be stunned by what happened so when he doesn't answer it doesn't surprise me a whole lot.  He looks to be in his late 20s and has several bruises as well as cuts over his body.*

'Ok, Jackson, clean and wrap up his cuts.  I'll get vitals unless you want to do that for a change.'

memt.png

EMT Erika Sjostrom

Medic 3

#57 Dr. Messerschmitt

Dr. Messerschmitt

Medical Examiner

• Detective Branch
  • 8 posts
  • Character Hometown:Cologne, Germany

Posted 06 December 2018 - 04:20 AM

*Pulling up on scene I park my van in the EMS staging area behind some other vehicles from the coroner's office.  Getting out of the van I head on over to whoever looks to be in charge now.*

'Alright, how many dead is there or should I be expecting to deal with here?'

Dr. Walter Messerschmitt

SCERT Medical Examiner

ME-262

'Dear God, let me retire already'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users