31 replies to this topic

#1 A. Carlson

A. Carlson

Dispatcher

• Dispatchers
  • 6 posts
  • Character Hometown:Oxnard

Posted 20 February 2019 - 02:12 AM

*Sitting down after finishing with the introductory training, I look over my desk.  It's empty except for my keyboard, mic switch, and monitor.  I reach up and grab a headset from up on the peg by my computer.  I put the headset on and slowly adjust it so that it fits me right.  I bring the mic down in front of my mouth at what I think is a good distance as I start to Q up the programs the I'll need.  I pull up the notes program that they wanted as well as some of the other programs that interface with the reporting software for the sheriffs' department and fire.  I also put the cheatsheets up agains the back wall of my half cubicle as I wait for something good.  I've seen few dispatchers work already, so I think I know what they're looking for...  At least I hope that I do...  About twenty minutes later, a call comes across my computer screen.  One of the call takers just took a call for a wreck on the interstate with at least one vehicle involved.  I question that for a second before I punch it into the CAD and read it.  I speed read through the units, location, time out, and radio channel as I take a breath and key the mic.*

“911 to Squad 7, Truck 7, next available Medic unit. Respond to the area of the Mile 2, I-484 Southbound. I-484 Southbound Mile Marker 2.  Caller is advising an accident. Possible entrapment. One vehicle appears to be rolled over at this time. We’re dispatching Sheriff’s.  Operate on Ops 2. Time Out, 19-13."

*I select the dispatch channel and Ops 1 and 2, since an incident is already operating on 1. This way I can listen for any units on the dispatch channel as well as the others on the call itself. I type out everything that I said as well as the units. I also adjust the positing in the CAD to show that the units are responding to an incident so that they aren't dispatched by the CAD on something else.*

#2 K. LeBlanc

K. LeBlanc

Firefighter

• Engine
  • 185 posts
  • Character Hometown:Cumberland Ridge, Kentucky

Posted 20 February 2019 - 02:13 AM

*I sit in the radio room when I hear the tones drop on the radio.  I listen to the call as I stand up and key the intercom in the station.  Even though the dispatch tones and the dispatch itself went off in the station, I’m going to hit it again.*

“Double Pull to 484 South for a possible pin job.”

*I hurry out of the radio room and over to the truck.  I shut my compartment with my gear in it as I put my bunker pants on.  When I’ve got them on, I walk out to the front of the truck. I push the ignition switch to power the truck and let it go through it’s boot up process before I walk over and I open up the bay door.  I then walk back and I start the truck up and I get the lights running. I glance out of my door again before I close it. I watch the mirror for Dave to climb in as the tiller as I put my headset on.  I blow on the mic and I hear it return well as I get ready to head out. I watch the Squad pull out as I hear a door close and the rest of the crew climbs in before I look over to Aaron.*

“We good boss?”

*He nods as I release the air brake while leaving my foot on the manual brake.*

“All right Dave, let’s head out.”

*I get to the edge of the pad before I coordinate my turn with Dave.*

“We’re going right onto Court.”

*I slowly turn the wheel to negotiate the turn as I watch the tiller swing out when Dave turns left.  One we’re on court, we get to First.*

“Another right.”

*I give the Q a wind as Garbus gets the airhorn for me as we head through the intersection.  I hear a clear right in the headset while I watch traffic. I pull into the opposite lanes to pass the two cars that are sitting in my way in the correct lanes.  As one car tries to blow through the intersection ahead of me, I give him a long blast of the airhorn and a touch of the Q.*

“No.  No. You wait.  It’s my turn.”

*As We get to First behind the squad, I let Dave know the plan again.*

“We’re getting on 484.  We’re going to take the slow lane, but we’re going to have to get over quick.  Truck’s going left.”

*As I swing the tractor steering axle to the left, I watch Dave kick the trailer out.  As we get on the ramp, I press on the gas and let the Detroit Diesel purr. When we get to the top, I hit the yelp and give the Q a nice wind as we work to get on the interstate.  As we get on, I go to take the lane change.*

“Taking a lane Dave.”

*Dave kicks the trailer out just a hair as we bump over to the middle when I look over at Aaron.*

‘Screw this.  I’m just taking the middle lane.'

*As we travel about a mile, I listen for a size up from the Squad.*

Firefighter Kyle LeBlanc
Truck 7

Ex. Kimberly Volunteer Fire Department Member 730, Ex, SCFD Volunteer

#3 A.garbus

A.garbus

Lieutenant

• Commissioned Fire

• 136 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC
  • Character Hometown:Matthews, NC

Posted 20 February 2019 - 03:10 AM

*i hear Kyles plan through the headset and i like the plan. as dave does his thing i feel bump from the back of the truck*

"Dave that a little too much drifting there buddy"

*we are about a half mile from the scene and i radio to command*

'484 command from truck 7'

'command we coming about to be on scene where do you want us'

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Lieutenant Aaron Garbus, EMT, Search and Rescue, Hazmat

Truck 7

"One day, you will be old, you will be frail, and you will be slow.

​Someone will ask you; "What did you do in your day? What did you do in your prime?

​When you were young and strong and fast?" You will tell them you were a fireman; and

​when the day is done, and the page is turned, that will be enough." FDNY Captain

“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets,

nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle.

Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.” Heraclitus

#4 N. LeBlanc

N. LeBlanc

Captain

• Administrators

• 3,660 posts
  • Character Hometown:Home

Posted 20 February 2019 - 03:11 AM

*I sit in the dayroom with the guys when I hear the tones drop.  I then hear the dispatch and wait for the address and the notes. As I get down the pole and onto the floor, I start up with the guys.*

‘DOUBLE PUULL!’

*Of course a few “jobtowns” come back and some more double pulls as I smile and we get to the squad.  I unzip my boots and then I step into my bunker boots and I pull them up. I go ahead and I toss my hood into the cab and then I put my radio strap on and I snap it to the metal hook on my suspenders and then I follow it with my bunker coat.  I step into the truck, using my ass to slide my hood away from the center of the seat so that I can grab it and put it into my bunker pants pocket. I also get my extrication gloves out and I put them on my legs as I shut the door. I look back and I see Miller and Cook climbing in with their pants on.  Before I can get my headset on, I point forward as Jose pulls us out of the bay. As we head out, I put my headset on and I look to the guys as we lead the truck out.*

“Got us a wreck, boys.”

*I reach forward and I press the PTT on the dashboard so that I can talk to dispatch.*

Me: “Squad 7, 911.”

911: “Go ahead.”

Me: “Squad 7’s responding.”

*I hit the air horn as we get to the interstate and we cross First Street to the ramp.  I unleash the Q and the airhorn as we get up onto the interstate. I grab a pair of medical gloves from the doghouse and I tuck them into my left bunker pocket as we get closer.*

“All righty boys, let’s evaluate it when we get there.  When y’all get off, I want the heavy irons from back there.  Let’s hope it ain’t bad.”

*I see the wreck up on the slow lane side and I cringe.*

“Oh shit.  That ain’t good.”

*As we get closer, I can hear Miller and Cook’s reaction as they turn around and face the call from the back seats.  As we slow down, I key the mic.*

Me: “Squad 7, 911.”

911: “Go Ahead.”

Me: “Squad 7’s On scene.  Be advised, I got a vehicle tangled in the guardrail, possibly two people trapped.  Looks like I got a car in the water as well. Start me a Rescue and the SOC chief and place Marine units on standby.  We’re also going to need at least one more medic unit. Squad 7’s going to have 484 Command. Be advised, we’re shutting down ALL Southbound traffic at this time.”

911: “Copy 484 Command.”

*As the airbrake gets pulled, I take my headset off and I hang it up as I step out.  I grab my helmet and traffic vest from the dashboard as we walk over to the car. I put both on before I get to the car and I look over the hole in the guard rail next to it.  I can see a green truck sticking out of the water, but not much else. I guess they’re lucky that they hit the bottom footing of the bridge.*

“484 Command to Incoming units, we have a confirmed vehicle in the water.”

*I look back at the car that is still on the bridge and I can see that it’s going to be a pain in the ass to stabilize, and we’re going to have to cut.  I shake my head and point back at the truck as Miller and Cook head back.*

Me: “484 Command to Truck 7.”

Truck 7: “Go ‘head.”

Me: “Truck 7, I need you to block all lanes.  When you come in, I need you to put your stick off the slow lane side.  We have a vehicle in the water. Squad 7’s going to handle the vehicle on the bridge.  Be advised, you’re probably gonna need to take a section of guardrail.”

nleblanc1126.png

Captain Nicholas LeBlanc, Paramedic, Search and Rescue, HazMat, Diver

Squad 7

service4.pngedu1.png

"You might be a firefighter if your entire wardrobe is t-shirts your friends gave you from their

departments for your birthday, Christmas, anniversary, etc."

-Unknown

"If Prometheus was worthy of the wrath of heaven for kindling the first fire upon earth, how

ought all the gods honor the men who make it their professional business to put it out?"

- John Godfrey Saxe

#5 H. LeBlanc

H. LeBlanc

Sergeant

• Commissioned Police

• 1,264 posts
  • Character Hometown:Greenville, South Carolina

Posted 20 February 2019 - 03:24 AM

*I hear the call go out in the middle of rush hour.  Because it's split between the districts, I'll at least be able to go where they are shutting traffic down.  I flip my lights on as I key the mic.*

"211 to County Ops, show me responding to the intersection of 484 and I-48."

*I then flip my siren on as I start to clear traffic through North Ft. Shannon.*

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Sergeant Hailey LeBlanc

Field Training Officer

#6 A.garbus

A.garbus

Lieutenant

• Commissioned Fire

• 136 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 20 February 2019 - 03:27 AM

'484 command from Truck 7, 10-4 blocking all lanes'

"Kyle dave we will be blocking traffic but we are going to need the ladder'

* As we are pull closee to the scene I traffic start to back up i lay my foot on the Q and pull the air horn to get the cars out of the way*

"Kyle put the cab in the fast lane"

'truck 7 on scene"

*hop out of the truck and grab my leather helmet of the dash and put on my head i walk over to command*

'NIck what do need from truck 7'

Truck 7

​Someone will ask you; "What did you do in your day? What did you do in your prime?

​When you were young and strong and fast?" You will tell them you were a fireman; and

​when the day is done, and the page is turned, that will be enough." FDNY Captain

“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets,

nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle.

Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.” Heraclitus

#7 D. Johnson

D. Johnson

Deputy

• Patrol

• 123 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 03:28 AM

*I hear the call go out in the middle of rush hour.  Because it's split between the districts, I'll at least be able to go where they are shutting traffic down.  I flip my lights on as I key the mic.*

"202 to County Ops, show me responding to the intersection of 484 and I-48."

*I then flip my siren on as I start to clear traffic through North Ft. Shannon.*

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Deputy Dan Johnson

#8 N. LeBlanc

N. LeBlanc

Captain

• Administrators

• 3,660 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 03:42 AM

*I wait for a response from the truck as I head back and I go to grab the tools.  I see the guys pulling the Hurst tools off and the cribbing racks.*

‘Hey, I need all of the cribbing you can get.  Cook, Jose, I need chains and tow straps to that axle.  Miller, I need the K-12 to the railing too.’

*As the guys start getting everything ready, including moving the Squad to the correct position so that we can attach the tow straps and the chains, I walk back over the car.  The back passenger wheel is hanging off the edge of the bridge, so there’s a good chance that we’ll have to pull the car onto the bridge, but we’re probably going to at least make a relief cut in the guard rail so that it will flex when we pull it up.  Considering that it’s the only thing that is holding the car down is the railing, this is going to be difficult. I figure that we’re going to get the car onto the road and I sigh and I walk over to the patients. Neither are conscious. Terrific. I sigh as I look over and see Simmons and Cook hooking up to the front axle so that we can hold the car if shit were to hit the fan immediately but also so that we can pull the car out when we get the chance.  I also walk back to the truck and I grab another set of irons so that I can spike the hood and open it up and get in there. I wait as the guys get everything ready to go. I move the cribbing and everything else from behind the truck as we get ready to move the squad and pull the car up. As I do, Garbus comes over. I look back and I see that they have all lanes of traffic stopped. I rip the velcro on my traffic vest and I toss it back toward the Squad where it lands on the bumper. I then go back over to the car as Garbus walks over to me.*

'Check out over the guard rail.'

*As he looks over, I put my extrication gloves on and wait for him to look back up at me.*

'So that car in the water. I need you to send somebody down there and check it out. if you guys can't reach it with the stick, that's fine. We'll get a marine unit down there and they can get them.  We're going to work on this extrication up here.  I may need help up here because this is going to suck.'

*As Garbus walks off to organize his guys, I look at my guys.  Simmon crawls out from under the car and walks back over to the engine.  I stand back to watch as Simmons backs the squad up to put some tension on the line.  Cook guides them back as Miller revs the K-12 to get ready to make a relief cut.  As the chains become taught, I let Miller start his cuts.  Once Miller has it cut, I direct Simmon back.  Once he has the axle back on the road, I signal him to stop as I key the mic.*

"484 Command, 911.  Bridge vehicle stabilized."

*I take the Halligan to take the hood while Miller tries that and Cook and Simmon drop the protection line.*

nleblanc1126.png

Squad 7

service4.pngedu1.png

"You might be a firefighter if your entire wardrobe is t-shirts your friends gave you from their

-Unknown

"If Prometheus was worthy of the wrath of heaven for kindling the first fire upon earth, how

ought all the gods honor the men who make it their professional business to put it out?"

- John Godfrey Saxe

#9 A. Carlson

A. Carlson

Dispatcher

• Dispatchers
  • 6 posts
  • Character Hometown:Oxnard

Posted 20 February 2019 - 03:47 AM

*I listen as Command is established and I hear the size up.  I hear command call for additional units, so I mark it into the CAD and then tone it out and press the radio PTT on the dispatch channel.*

"911 to Rescue 1, Special Operations Chief, 2nd Due Medic Unit.  Respond to the area of the Mile 2, I-484 Southbound. I-484 Southbound Mile Marker 2.  Squad 7 is requesting you for a vehicle accident with entrapment.  They're advising a vehicle hanging off of the bridge and one in the water.  Operate on Ops 2. Time Out, 19-13."

​*I flip back over to the Ops channel as I listen to the chatter.  I suddenly hear command call that the vehicle is stabilized as I key the mic and respond.*

"Copy 484 Command, be advised, you are at the 5 minute mark.  5 minutes into the incident."

#10 J. Simmon

J. Simmon

Firefighter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Character Hometown:juan, porta rico

Posted 20 February 2019 - 03:50 AM

* As i crawl out from under the car i my captain tell me to reposition the truck so we can attatch straps to the brump hooks. i walk of the to the truck, hop in and i turn off the parking brake and through the truck in reverse. since im nose to the car I back the truck up a little and put in into drive and I turn the truck to toward the opposite side of the road and the I swing it to angle it with the car.*

'ok capt, she is good'

Firefighter Jose Simmon, EMT

#11 A.garbus

A.garbus

Lieutenant

• Commissioned Fire

• 136 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 20 February 2019 - 03:58 AM

* i walk to the guys who are looking over the guard rail looking at the car in the water i look over and see the we have a car partial submerded*

'thats not good'

* get ot the guys and i start to give orders*

'Kyle get the ladder set up so that we can get the ladder over the side of the bridge, Dave grab the K-12 and cut me a 5 foot section out i will assist you with cutting'

"command from Truck 7 be advised we are cutting the guard rail"

Truck 7

#12 D.Valentine

D.Valentine

Firefighter

• Ladder 1
  • 673 posts
  • Character Hometown:Seekonk,MA

Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:18 AM

*after hearing the tones  i hear its a wreck,i havent really had alotta time with the tiller and not only have i not had as much time as id like the calls putting us on the 484,i cant worry about it as duty calls so i guess ill learn much like i did when i first showed up to the department,by the seat of my pants i scramble to throw my gear on when i realize the tiller cabs not all that big so my gear can wait,i climb into the cab hearing kyle blow on his headset,i blow back as i shut my door and we start rolling,kyle making callouts as he turns as i remember just how little i can see in this cab,either the adrenaline or  my nerves  are gone as while were inrute not only does the tiller feel more comfortable but my  manovering draws a comment from garbus about drifting i key up a reply as i now actively steer the tiller purpously assholish* 'sorry bout the drift,im a Masshole at heart' * after my quip we soon arrive on scene where i see the wreck,its nasty but again i cant dwell on it as we get told to shut the highway down* 'truck 7 a ladder and mobile roadblock' * i quip into the intercom again as i swing the ass end wide and close the rest of the road off at this point i climb outta the cab and pull my turnout pants and coat on fishing for my gloves and then for the saw starting it as garbus tells me to cut the guardrail* 'got it' * i whip my head  closing my face shield and start cutting into the guardrail*

Firefighter/EMT Dave Valentine, , Search and Rescue

Truck 7

sar.png

#13 C.Miller

C.Miller

Firefighter/EMT

• Engine
  • 568 posts
  • Character Hometown:St. Louis

Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:53 AM

*sitting in the day room I hear the tones drop for a wreck I hop up and slide down the pole.

'JOB TOWN'

*I slip my station boots off and hop into my bunker pants and pull them up while putting my suspenders on I hop in the squad and put my coat on as Simmon starts going towards then scene once we arrive I hop out and put my helmet on when Nick tells me to get the K12 to make relief cuts in the. Once Simmon has hooked the car up and put tension on the cables I make the relief cuts in the guardrail once cuts are finished Simmon pulls the car back on to the bridge. I set the K12 down and go help Nick with the hood*

'Want me to try the door and then if we need to get the hydraulics out?'

Firefighter Clayton Miller, Paramedic

Squad 7

#14 N. LeBlanc

N. LeBlanc

Captain

• Administrators

• 3,660 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:43 AM

*As Miller asks if I want him to check the doors, I tell him yes and also I try to get him to open up the hood.  He tries, but he can't get the hood up.  Great.  As Simmon lets some of the slack out with the chains and the straps, I grab the Halligan from my set of irons and I take the adz and I slam in into the grill to pull the plastic away.  I then take the forks and I spike the hood and I eventually look down and I find the latch for the hood.  I start spinning the Halligan before I can open the hood.  I put the Halligan under the hood to keep it open as I pull my cable cutters out so that I can cut the battery terminal.  Once it's done, I take the Halligan out and I let everyone know.  I look to Miller and I see him say that he can't get the door open.  I sigh and I look over to him.*

'Okay, get the Hurst tools over here.  Simmon!  We're going to crib this car.'

*I grab my Ardis tool and I make sure to cut the curtain airbag on the driver side.  I then walk over to the back of the car where I lay down on my side while Simmon brings me some 4x4s and some step chocks.  While I wait, I key the mic.*

“484 Command to Rescue 1, be advised, we have all Southbound traffic stopped at this time.  I’m going to need you to suicide up Southbound side and set up behind the Squad."

nleblanc1126.png

Squad 7

service4.pngedu1.png

-Unknown

- John Godfrey Saxe

#15 C.Miller

C.Miller

Firefighter/EMT

• Engine
  • 568 posts
  • Character Hometown:St. Louis

Posted 20 February 2019 - 06:12 AM

*As Nick works on the hood I got to the driver side and try the door when it doesn't open I try each door on the car when none of them work I say to Nick*

'None of the doors open I think there all jammed up'

*When Nick tells me to get the hurst tools I walk back over to the squad and grab the spreaders and walk them over by the car and then walk back and grab the cutters and set them next to spreaders Then walk back and grab the lines from the reel and the 12 inch ram and walk back to the tools and hook the cutter and spreaders up to the hoses*

'Tools are hooked up and ready to go'

Firefighter Clayton Miller, Paramedic

Squad 7

#16 K. LeBlanc

K. LeBlanc

Firefighter

• Engine
  • 185 posts
  • Character Hometown:Cumberland Ridge, Kentucky

Posted 20 February 2019 - 06:15 AM

*I hear the size up and where we're needed, I hear Aaron tell me how he wants the truck positioned and I nod.*

'Yep.  That's the plan.'

*As we get closer, I sigh.*

"All right, Dave.  Here's where it gets fun.  Push over to the right."

*We move the truck over as we slow down.  I glance out of my mirror and I watch as the last car gets past me.*

"Okay, kick left."

*As Dave starts to move left, I quickly crank the wheels to the left and pull the truck across as we drift about 5 feet while we block all of the lanes.  As Aaron goes to get out to talk with the Squad, I look over to Dave.*

'Hey, let's start pulling some tools.'

*I look over the embankment and I can eventually see the car ahead of us.  I shake my head and I walk back to the rig.  I open up my compartment and I swing my coat and helmet on.  When Aaron comes back and tells me to throw the stick, I nod.*

'You got it, L-T.'

*I walk to the back to the outriggers and I go ahead and extend them on my side and I go ahead and I put the pad down under it before I walk over to the other side and I put the pad down over there.  I then extend that side and I put both down.  I then lift the truck up off of the ground and I step up on the turntable.  I flip open the controls and I go ahead and I raise the ladder straight up.  I then swivel it over to hole that Dave has just finished cutting.  I put the ladder as low as I can without hitting the truck or hitting the side of the bridge.  I go ahead and extend the ladder off of it.  Once that's done, I don't know if I'm over the car or near it, so I'm waiting for someone to come over and spot me while we wait for further instructions.*

Firefighter Kyle LeBlanc
Truck 7

Ex. Kimberly Volunteer Fire Department Member 730, Ex, SCFD Volunteer

#17 N. LeBlanc

N. LeBlanc

Captain

• Administrators

• 3,660 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 06:36 AM

*As Simmon brings me the cribbing, I set it on each side and then I give the car a good shove.  It doesn't move, so we're good.  I take the Halligan and I take the adz and I have it set up in the corner of the window as I drop my defender visor.*

'BREAKING GLASS.'

*I smash out the window only to find that it's tempered glass.  Damn safety precautions.*

'Jose!  Glass saw!'

*While I wait for that, I make a purchase in the window with the adz as well.  Once Jose comes back with the saw, I go ahed and I cut out the driver window and the windshield.  As we work on that, I look over to Miller.*

'We're taking every door, we're rolling the roof.'

*I walk over and then I head to the driver door.  I grab the irons and I take the adz and I jam it in to the door as far as I can and I call for some strikes from Miller.  He gives me three good hits before I crimp down and then crimp up, trying to open up the side of the door.  Once it's done, I adjust and get a bigger purchase point before I pull it out and I let Miller in with the spreaders.  I then grab the cutters and I open it so that I can go ahed and cut the door away so that we can do a total door removal.  Once Miller gets it open, I go ahead and cut some of the metal components after Miller takes the electrical lines off.  Once we're done, I take the door off and then I let Miller take the door and carry it away from the car.  I then get in near the patient so that I can take the plastic and expose the airbags.  When that's done, I pop back out and I grab the cutters so that we can take the other side of the car.  We're taking the A and B posts.  I turn back to Simmon as we get ready to take the B post on the other side.  I get my shoulder under it to kind of support tit from falling in on the patient.*

'Need a roof hook!'

*As he comes back, we can go ahead and start peel the roof back.  I wait for Miller to cut that B post and I get Simmon to put a shoulder into the roof so he can support that side.  I call Cook over so that he can take one side of the hook and Miller can get the other when he cuts the B post so that we can make the crease and peel the roof.*

nleblanc1126.png

Squad 7

service4.pngedu1.png

-Unknown

- John Godfrey Saxe

#18 D.Valentine

D.Valentine

Firefighter

• Ladder 1
  • 673 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 06:56 AM

*as kyle works with the ladder i clean up my rather hasty cut before setting the saw down,when he kicks the stick out i  with a mix of crane operator handsigns and verbal commands guide him so hes over the car or as close as he can get by now i can get a good look at the car half in the water,its probably a retrivel at thispoint but im feeling optimistic about the guy being alive so i give garbus a look as i ask the obvious* "want me to harness up and try to get down there or are the rescue guys gonna handle that?'

Truck 7

sar.png

#19 A.garbus

A.garbus

Lieutenant

• Commissioned Fire

• 136 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 20 February 2019 - 03:32 PM

*As me and dave pull the piece of guard rail onto the bridge, Dave gets Kyle placed over the car luckily our cut is big enough to give that fancy new ladder some wiggle room in terms maneuvering. I see dave give me the look of do you wan to harness up. I look back at him and I nod*

'Kyle assist me with getting out ropes set on the ladder for dave to go over'

*I grab a few pullies and 2 MPD's with some webbing and head over to the turntable and climb and walk down the ladder to the tip and begin to set up the anchor points for a lower and raise system. I look back towards Kyle when he ask over the radio "truck 7 driver to truck 7 officer how much rope do we need"*

* I look down and I would gave to guess its a 3o foot distance to the car*

"truck 7 officer to truck 7 driver bring 2 50' sections of rescue rope."

Truck 7

#20 D.Valentine

D.Valentine

Firefighter

• Ladder 1
  • 673 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 07:39 PM

' the ladder gonna take my weight or are we hooking to the truck and im rapelling that way?' * i see my question answered as i see arron tie off the end of the ladder  so i go into the compartment where we keep our rescue gear i also grab a harness for myself and a second incase i cant get a litter around the guy in the car which im hoping i can get something around him* 'this ids gonna suck so much'

Truck 7

sar.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users