"Next up EMS unit respond to the arrest 13 September street. CPR in progress"

#2 A. Jones

A. Jones

Paramedic

• EMS
  • 172 posts
  • Character Hometown:London

Posted 19 April 2019 - 03:30 AM

"M3 en route" I say as we head toward the ambulance. 

'Baker you are driving again. We got a code. This should be a good one'

Paramedic Ariana Jones

Shiloh County Fire Department

mpm.png

#3 A. Baker

A. Baker

EMT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Character Hometown:Des Moines, Iowa

Posted 19 April 2019 - 03:57 AM

"M3 on scene" I say, nervous about my first real cardiac arrest.

#4 A. Jones

A. Jones

Paramedic

• EMS
  • 172 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 03:58 AM

*We arrive to the scene as the doctor pulls up behind us, walk up to the door with our stretcher and all of our gear, and are greeted by a frantic looking middle aged man.*

‘In here,’ he says gesturing to the living room where someone is doing compressions. ‘My wife just collapsed! She isn’t breathing! Please do something. I didn’t know what to do but my neighbor was visiting and is a firefighter so he started CPR ’  He begs.

'Okay sir, we are going to do everything we can' 

Paramedic Ariana Jones

mpm.png

#5 K.Abboud

K.Abboud

Associate Medical Director

• EMS

• 15 posts
  • Character Hometown:Utica, NY

Posted 19 April 2019 - 05:18 AM

"MD - 3 is en route."

*I step on the accelerator, planning out how I plan to approach the call with my crew. I'm rolling right behind the ambulance, thankful they're ahead of me since my code driving is very rusty. We pull up on scene to find a very hysterical man shouting about his wife in the home. I stay behind the crew, letting the medic take lead. Realistically there's not much I can do over a medic out in the field on an arrest. The medic tries to reassure the man and we head in to find his wife on the floor with someone doing cpr on her. I drag the monitor off the stretcher to the floor as the medic kneels down besides the woman to check for pulse. I hear her yell out she's in asystole and I put the pads on the patient, while the firefighter continues with compressions*

Dr. Kayla Abboud, MD
Associate Medical Director, Shiloh County EMS
EMS Physician

Prehospital Emergency Medicine

MD-3

#6 A. Jones

A. Jones

Paramedic

• EMS
  • 172 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 05:21 AM

I get an IO in and push epi... still asystole. Baker and the firefighter switch off compressions and ventilations and the doctor gets an ET tube in. I push more epi and some bicarb... still aystole. We continue this pattern for another 30 minutes with Baker and the firefighter switching every 5 minutes when I start to see that this is going nowhere.

'Hey doc what do you think.should we call it?'

Paramedic Ariana Jones

mpm.png

#7 K.Abboud

K.Abboud

Associate Medical Director

• EMS

• 15 posts
  • Character Hometown:Utica, NY

Posted 19 April 2019 - 06:40 AM

*I look down at the woman on the floor who's still in asystole with no changes I could note on the monitor. I look at the medic and nod, before looking at my watch.*

'Time of death is 1847'

Dr. Kayla Abboud, MD
Associate Medical Director, Shiloh County EMS
EMS Physician

Prehospital Emergency Medicine

MD-3

#8 A. Jones

A. Jones

Paramedic

• EMS
  • 172 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 06:45 AM

‘I’m sorry sir but there is nothing else we can do’ I say to him

‘Yes there is.’ He says pulling out a gun and shooting Baker and the firefighter and turning to me

*I realize he has completely lost it so I try for a long shot*

‘Wait I think I feel a pulse’ I say as I discretely press the emergency button on my radio to call for help

“I feel a pulse. Please don’t kill me. I feel a pulse so just put down the gun okay. She is going to be fine. Everyone else was wrong. She is alive. She just needs a few more minutes of CPR and then she will be fine" I say praying he believes me and hoping that dispatch figures it out.

*As I start doing compressions Dr. Abboud steps in to help me.*

Paramedic Ariana Jones

mpm.png

#9 Charles Aylward

Charles Aylward

ERT Dispatcher

• Dispatchers

• 434 posts
  • Character Hometown:Phoxlind

Posted 19 April 2019 - 07:11 AM

*I hit the mute button when I hear the emergency tone go off and put down my fat sandwich*

“I feel a pulse. Please don’t kill me. I feel a pulse so just put down the gun okay. She is going to be fine. Everyone else was wrong. She is alive. She just needs a few more minutes of CPR and then she will be fine"

*I look at my screen and see that the crew is on scene.*

*I flip onto SD radio.*

"EMS needs assistance. Possible firearm displayed 13 September st. No further"

#10 A. Blackburn

A. Blackburn

Lieutenant

• Administrators
  • 953 posts
  • Character Hometown:St. Paul, Minnesota

Posted 19 April 2019 - 07:21 AM

*Sitting in my office building a model ship on my free time I hear the call go out and I sigh.  Putting my tools down I get up from my chair behind my desk and key up my radio as I exit my office.*

"200 responding"

PD200sig.png

Lieutenant Andrew Blackburn

Platoon Commander (200)

edu.pngexcellence.pngservice2.png

emt.png

#11 J. Scott

J. Scott

Deputy

• Patrol
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 07:42 AM

*Walking out of the restaurant, I try and balance my drink and to go food bag as I reach for my radio*

"Dispatch, 203...show me responding 13 September Street" I say.

*I make my way out to the patrol car, get in as quickly as I can. I throw my To Go bag on the passenger seat and hastily place my drink in the cup holder.*

I pull out of the parking spot, flip on the lights, and start hauling major ass to the call. The car's engine is getting a good work out.

penis

#12 M. Caldwell

M. Caldwell

Deputy

• Patrol
  • 206 posts
  • Character Hometown:Pittsburgh

Posted 19 April 2019 - 07:47 AM

*Following Scott out the door*

"201 Backing 203"

*I throw my to go bag on the passenger seat and start following 203*

Deputy Mike Caldwell

pd210dep.png

#13 E. Sjostrom

E. Sjostrom

EMT

• EMS
  • 856 posts
  • Character Hometown:Washington D.C.

Posted 19 April 2019 - 11:31 PM

*After dropping off our patient at the hospital the radio tones go off.  Brief info is given as to what's going on.*

'Yeah, we'll go over stuff back at the station but first let's take this.  We're probably going to stage and do nothing until the Sheriff's Department clears us in though.'

*Getting back into the driver's seat I wait for Miller to get into the passenger seat before heading out.  13th September Street, where have I heard that address before I wonder.*

'Get the lights and sirens again, just make sure to at least turn of the sirens shortly before we get there.'

memt.png

EMT Erika Sjostrom

Medic 3

#14 A. Breslin

A. Breslin

EMS Lieutenant

• Commissioned Fire

• 904 posts
  • LocationArizona
  • Character Hometown:Scottsdale

Posted 20 April 2019 - 12:47 AM

*Getting into M1's driver seat*

"M1 Show me going to back M3. Can I get everyone else going over there."

*I check the KDT to see that the doc is there too*

"Units I want radio silence unless you have a priority. All other county wide units Switch to Channel ops 1"

edolt.png
Paramedic Lieutenant Alyssa Breslin
EMS Duty Officer (EDO-1)

#15 Charles Aylward

Charles Aylward

ERT Dispatcher

• Dispatchers

• 434 posts
  • Character Hometown:Phoxlind

Posted 20 April 2019 - 12:54 AM

*The call center starts lighting up with calls from shots fired around the area of the original call*

*PD radio*

"I'm now getting multiple calls for shots fired in the area around 13 September st."

*Hearing M1 give orders I look on my screen and see that a supervisor is logged on.*

"Copy that M1."

*I send an MDT message to the 2 EMS units in the area updating them that we now have shots fired*

#16 E. Hawke

E. Hawke

Deputy

• Patrol
  • 758 posts
  • Character Hometown:Skowhegan, Maine

Posted 20 April 2019 - 01:25 AM

*As I'm just about to leave Oxnard and enter Ft. Shannon I hear about the confirmation of gunshots on September Street.  Shit.  Slowing down 205 I flip on the lights and sirens.  As the cars around me slow down in all lanes I make a U-turn on Oxnard Center Road and key up the mic.*

"205 responding"

pd206dep.png

Deputy Evelyn Hawke

purpleheart.pngservice2.png

sar.png

#17 D. Johnson

D. Johnson

Deputy

• Patrol

• 123 posts
  • Character Hometown:Matthews, NC

Posted 20 April 2019 - 02:47 AM

*About 7 blocks away from the call I soon here gun shots while leaving a gas station. i run to my car*

" 206 enroute to the cardiac arrest, reporting gun shots in the area of that address"

* I open my trunk and throw on my plate carrier,close the trunk and speed my way there. It me about two minutes to get on scene*

"206 on scene preparing to find the shooter"

* get my 416 out of my Patrol and I go back to the truck and grab my helmet*

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Deputy Dan Johnson

#18 J. Scott

J. Scott

Deputy

• Patrol
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 03:17 AM

*I hit the rumbler. The car ahead of me freaks out as I approach quickly. He's not pulling to the right. I start slowing down, and proceed to pass him on the right side...bad form...I know....but this jackass isn't pulling over and I'm not going to wait behind him. As I start to proceed to pass him, he suddenly decides to pull over to the right side. We nearly collide. Luckily I swerve far enoguh right to avoid the collision*

'Jackass', I say to myself flustered. I safely pass him and make the next right turn. As we near the address I shut down my lights and siren a block away. As I round the corner onto September St. I see the EMS vehicles in front of a house.

"203 show me on scene, 13 September." I say as I pull along side the EMS vehicles. I double park.

*I get out of the car and pull my sidearm out*

I see the front door slightly ajar, but I see nothing else.

*I meet up with Caldwell, my sidearm drawn and up. We proceed up to the house along the side of it, out of line of sight of the front door. He takes the lead, I stay right on his ass my inside shoulder aligned with his outside shoulder.*

'I got right, you got left, call it if I see it.' I say.

*heart racing, my vision is unusually clear. Every detail pops out at me. Every motion, every sound, I'm hyperaware*

We proceed up to the door from the side, making sure to keep out of direct line of site of the front door. As we grow nearer, I hear a muffled commotion. 

penis

#19 M. Caldwell

M. Caldwell

Deputy

• Patrol
  • 206 posts
  • Character Hometown:Pittsburgh

Posted 20 April 2019 - 03:59 AM

*After killing our lights and sirens a few blocks away we get out of our cars.  Scott sticks as we go up to the house with our guns drawn.*

"201s out with 203, I have what looks to be a supervisors vehicle as well as EMS on scene."

*I say to keep dispatch and responding units advised. We keep a low profile to avoid being seen from the first floor. As we reach the slightly ajar front door I can see the EMS crew on the floor doing CPR. angling my head I can see the foot of someone. It looks like a slipper so its not EMS. Angling my head a little more I can see hes holding a small semi auto pistol.*

'I can see one guy with a gun.'

Deputy Mike Caldwell

pd210dep.png

#20 D. Johnson

D. Johnson

Deputy

• Patrol

• 123 posts
  • Character Hometown:Matthews, NC

Posted 20 April 2019 - 04:22 AM

*waiting in front of the house I see 201 and 203 pull up and they get of their patrol vehicles. and see's them run past him to the front of the house*

"hey guys we got at least 5 or 6 gunshots heard from the location, unknown on the condition of the people inside."

*I jog back to my patrol and get a staging location and perimeter set*

"206 to all responding units, 206 will be a staging area for all responding need officers at the interestions of walnut and Applewood."

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Deputy Dan Johnson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users