75 replies to this topic

#21 K.Abboud

K.Abboud

Associate Medical Director

• EMS

• 15 posts
  • Character Hometown:Utica, NY

Posted 20 April 2019 - 04:26 AM

*I realize almost immediately I'm trembling slightly. I'm not whether it's terror or adrenaline but it doesn't matter right now. I'm out of my element here being out of the hospital and in the field. I take a step back from the patient and look at the patient's husband.*

'Sir, I know you're upset but there's nothing more we can do. Your wife is dead and I'm terribly sorry for your loss. I can't begin to imagine what you're feeling right now but..'

*I'm interrupted by the patient's husband starting to scream and yell at us and I can't make out what he's saying as I'm grabbed roughly and I feel a gun pointed at my head. I am vaguely aware of him yelling at the medic angrily and hysterically but I am too shaken to make out what he's saying as I shake in his grip, unable to shake the feeling of the metal against my head.*

Dr. Kayla Abboud, MD
Associate Medical Director, Shiloh County EMS
EMS Physician

Prehospital Emergency Medicine

MD-3

#22 A. Jones

A. Jones

Paramedic

• EMS
  • 172 posts
  • Character Hometown:London

Posted 20 April 2019 - 04:35 AM

*Fuck he can't kill someone else. He can't*

'Please don't kill her!' I beg him, sobbing. 'Please...please don't kill her! Please!'

*He is about to kill her when we hear the door open. He turns and points his gun toward the door*

Paramedic Ariana Jones

Shiloh County Fire Department

mpm.png

#23 J. Scott

J. Scott

Deputy

• Patrol
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 04:35 AM

'Copy that' I say as we approach the house to Johnson.

After making our way to the door, we're stacked up to the left side of the door. 

'I can see one guy with a gun.' Caldwell says.

'Copy. I got your right bro.' I whisper back to him.

*I place my left hand on his right shoulder, giving him a firm tap, acknowledging that I'm ready.*

Heart racing, breathing heavy but subdued, palms are sweaty, this shit's about to get real.

He makes his move through the door, I'm right on his tail. He swings the door open and begins to make entry. 

'SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT!' I let out.

Right side of the room is clear, I see three bodies on the ground, one EMT and another EMS responder. My eyes quickly focus back to center on the suspect.

'PUT THE FUCKING GUN DOWN!'

*I fan out to Caldwell's right side.*

penis

#24 E. Hawke

E. Hawke

Deputy

• Patrol
  • 758 posts
  • Character Hometown:Skowhegan, Maine

Posted 20 April 2019 - 04:36 AM

*As I reach the intersection of Applewood and September I come to a complete stop blocking off the street to the house.  Leaving 205 I key up the mic as I rush to the trunk.*

"205, on scene, blocking off September from Applewood"

*Letting go of the mic I open up the trunk and pull out the 870.  Grabbing slug shells I load the shotgun and rack a round into the chamber.  Closing the trunk I lean over it as I take aim at the house with the 12 gauge.*

pd206dep.png

Deputy Evelyn Hawke

purpleheart.pngservice2.png

sar.png

#25 K.Abboud

K.Abboud

• EMS

• 15 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 04:49 AM

*I hear the door open and the patient's husband grabs me closer and points the gun at the door. I'm shaking and I can feel his fingers digging into my shoulder and using my scarf for leverage. He starts screaming more and I'm able to make out something about shooting her.. though it takes me a moment to realize he's talking about me. At this point I'm frozen in his grip and only really able to watch as the room explodes with people and the man behind me is sobbing and pointing the gun around at people, he's shaking me around and I'm panicking.*

Dr. Kayla Abboud, MD
EMS Physician

MD-3

#26 M. Caldwell

M. Caldwell

Deputy

• Patrol
  • 206 posts
  • Character Hometown:Pittsburgh

Posted 20 April 2019 - 04:57 AM

*Taking Lead Scott covers my right. I push the door open with my non dominant hand and quickly return my non dominant hand to support my glock. I scan the left and clear it and as I scan the right I can see 3 bodies on the floor. One is uniformed. The guy with the gun turns towards us and raises his gun. I raise my gun. I hear Scott call out to give him a chance but I see an opportunity to stop a threat and I take it. I squeeze the trigger. I feel it fire just as it has many times on the range. I quickly do recoil control and squeeze out two more. He collapses.*

"201 to County. I have an EMT and 2 civilians down. I just shot somebody Rush EMS. Get me a boss here forthwith! Advise responding units to maintain a perimeter, were still clearing the house now."

*Scott holds the position covering the stairs and kitchen. While I look down at EMS.*

'You guys good? Are there anymore shooters?'

Deputy Mike Caldwell

pd210dep.png

#27 A. Jones

A. Jones

Paramedic

• EMS
  • 172 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 04:58 AM

*I see the cop shoot the patients husband.  I run over to Baker and start doing CPR on her. She is shot in the abdomen and there is a pool of blood surrounding her*

‘Fuck! Baker…Fucking live! Please…Fucking live dammit! Allison please!’ I say as I feel her ribs cracking under my hands.

‘THERE IS NO ONE ELSE HERE NOW FUCKING DO SOMETHING! WHERE THE FUCK IS THAT AMBULANCE!’

Paramedic Ariana Jones

mpm.png

#28 K.Abboud

K.Abboud

• EMS

• 15 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 05:05 AM

I hear the gun go off and I shriek before I realize that it was one of the officers and not the man holding me. I feel the weight holding my fall backwards and before I can react I'm falling onto the ground on top of him. I numbly shake his arm off of me, my movements shaky and clumsy as I stumble away from the man who had been about to kill me before I realize he's dead.

*I numbly shake my head when the officer asks if there are any more shooters. My ears are ringing and I can barely make out anything that's going on, and i'm too numb to notice all of the dead bodies on scene.*

'Th..there's no more. I'm.. I'm okay. I'm fine.'

I shakily move away from the bloody scene, my once neat uniform stained with blood and my pinned scarf now in disarray. I can't bring myself to care.

Dr. Kayla Abboud, MD
EMS Physician

MD-3

#29 J. Scott

J. Scott

Deputy

• Patrol
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 05:07 AM

*Caldwell opens fire. The suspect drops like a sack of potatoes. His gun slides across the floor.*

Shit. My ears ring. 

Caldwell makes his radio report. I continue to cover the stairs and kitchen. 

*Jones states yelling*

'You good man?' I ask Caldwell.

'I'll continue clearing.' I make my way over towards the kitchen, and carefully enter.

'Kitchen's clear.'

penis

#30 A. Blackburn

A. Blackburn

Lieutenant

• Administrators
  • 953 posts
  • Character Hometown:St. Paul, Minnesota

Posted 20 April 2019 - 05:16 AM

*I arrive on scene just as the radio blares off with the update that there are bodies down and one of my deputies shot up the suspect.  Rolling to a stop at the intersection of Walnut and September I key up the mic.*

"200 on scene"

*Letting go of the mic I open the door and get out of the Caprice.*

'God damn it I'm going to OD on aspirin if that's at all possible.'

*It sounds like the situation is messy but under control now as I make my way towards the house.*

"200 to county, get the detectives, 400, and the ME here."

PD200sig.png

Lieutenant Andrew Blackburn

Platoon Commander (200)

edu.pngexcellence.pngservice2.png

emt.png

#31 M. Caldwell

M. Caldwell

Deputy

• Patrol
  • 206 posts
  • Character Hometown:Pittsburgh

Posted 20 April 2019 - 05:23 AM

*I pause for a second when Scott asks if I'm good. The EMS crew says that theres no more.*

'I'm fine. Lets just clear out in case. The ambulance is on the way.'

*We make our way through the house. We clear out the kitchen and make our way through the bedrooms. There is a bedroom for a teenage boy and there bedroom. Under the bed I can see a small portable gun safe. with a box of .380s scattered around on the floor.*

'Bedrooms are clear. Looks like the guy had a kid. Detectives will have to locate him and tell him the great news'

Deputy Mike Caldwell

pd210dep.png

#32 Charles Aylward

Charles Aylward

ERT Dispatcher

• Dispatchers

• 434 posts
  • Character Hometown:Phoxlind

Posted 20 April 2019 - 05:32 AM

*EMS radio*

"responding units upgrade your response I have a confirmed EMT down. I repeat EMT down 13 September Rd"

"Copy that 200. 400, County detectives respond to 13 September Rd in Oxnard. Confirmed EMT down 2 Civilians down as well."

*I pick up the phone and call the extension for the ME*

'You rang' *I hear in a slight German accent. Jesus Christ this creepy fuck is the worst part of my job.*

'Sheriffs requesting you, I have a 3 body situation at 13 September Rd in Oxnard.'

*I hear muttering in a language that may or not be English*

#33 Dr. Messerschmitt

Dr. Messerschmitt

Medical Examiner

• Detective Branch
  • 17 posts
  • Character Hometown:Cologne, Germany

Posted 20 April 2019 - 05:37 AM

*After yelling in German that I hate everyone in this county I hang up the phone and head to ME-262 so I can head to the scene.*

Dr. Walter Messerschmitt

SCERT Medical Examiner

ME-262

'Dear God, let me retire already'

#34 A. Breslin

A. Breslin

EMS Lieutenant

• Commissioned Fire

• 904 posts
  • LocationArizona
  • Character Hometown:Scottsdale

Posted 20 April 2019 - 05:50 AM

*We pull down the block from walnut street and drive around the sheriffs cruiser and I see that were the second unit on scene. I grab my bags and Jackson grabs the Lifepak and we walk in. I enter the house and see Ariana doing compressions on the new girl. This is an obvois sign of death as theres a significant pool of blood on the floor and I see lividity starting to form while Ariana is furiously compressing the chest. The Doc is sitting silently covered in blood. I look at Bakers body.*

'Stop. Shes dead, Theres nothing you can do.'

*I offer her my hand to help her get up. I don't know what to feel.*

'She couldn't even tuck in her shirt...'

edolt.png
Paramedic Lieutenant Alyssa Breslin
EMS Duty Officer (EDO-1)

#35 A. Jones

A. Jones

Paramedic

• EMS
  • 172 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 05:52 AM

*Breslin says something to me but it sounds weird and warped, like she is underwater*

'Lieutenant, what are you doing here? What's going on?' I say confusedly

Paramedic Ariana Jones

mpm.png

#36 E. Sjostrom

E. Sjostrom

EMT

• EMS
  • 856 posts
  • Character Hometown:Washington D.C.

Posted 20 April 2019 - 05:52 AM

*Heading up Applewood I hear we're clear to immediately go in so I don't even.  Driving pass one of the Sheriff's Department's Caprices I nearly hit it because the bitch driving it decided to park it right in the middle of the road leaving not much room to pass.  Damn redhead is just standing there putting shit away.  I sigh, coming to a stop outside the house parking next to M3.*

"M2 on scene"

'Miller, stay by M2 as I figure out what's going on'

*Grabbing the jumpbag I exit the truck and head inside seeing Breslin there with Jones trying to revive the new hire.  The other bodies on the floor look dead too.*

'Fuck'

memt.png

EMT Erika Sjostrom

Medic 3

#37 E. Morris

E. Morris

Detective

• Detective Branch
  • 66 posts
  • Character Hometown:Denver, Colorado

Posted 20 April 2019 - 05:56 AM

*Leaving Mike's with a hamburger in a doggie back I hear the call go out for detectives.  This feels slightly familiar as I look to Peck.*

'Glad I got a doggie bag, let's go, right?  You drive, I'll call in'

*Getting into the passenger seat I key up the radio.*

"302 responding"

pd302det.png

Detective Emily Morris

#38 A. Blackburn

A. Blackburn

Lieutenant

• Administrators
  • 953 posts
  • Character Hometown:St. Paul, Minnesota

Posted 20 April 2019 - 06:01 AM

*Heading inside the house I let EMS go by so they can get to who they need to.  I head on over to Caldwell and Scott who are going through the house.*

'You guys okay?  What happened?'

PD200sig.png

Lieutenant Andrew Blackburn

Platoon Commander (200)

edu.pngexcellence.pngservice2.png

emt.png

#39 A. Breslin

A. Breslin

EMS Lieutenant

• Commissioned Fire

• 904 posts
  • LocationArizona
  • Character Hometown:Scottsdale

Posted 20 April 2019 - 06:02 AM

*Ariana looks up at me, in shock. *

'Your going outside,'

*I quickly say because having a confused and scared person on scene is bad.*

*I see Erika walk in.*

'Erika, Can you take Jones outside. Looks like I'm going to have to clean this shit show up'

edolt.png
Paramedic Lieutenant Alyssa Breslin
EMS Duty Officer (EDO-1)

#40 E. Sjostrom

E. Sjostrom

EMT

• EMS
  • 856 posts
  • Character Hometown:Washington D.C.

Posted 20 April 2019 - 06:04 AM

'Yeah, sure'

*Looking towards Jones I move closer and get one arm around her.*