5 replies to this topic

#1 Ashley Steele

Ashley Steele

Dispatcher

• Dispatchers
  • 4 posts
  • Character Hometown:Delmore

Posted 20 April 2019 - 07:17 AM

I take a deep breath as I see a notification pop up for a 911 call. I answer, feeling the fatigue from the week wearing on my neck and shoulders.

"911 where is your emergency"

"Someone just hit this guy on the road and drove off"

"Okay sir, where are you at?"

"East Long, by the interstate overpass"

"Alright can you see the person who got hit? Are they awake?"

"Yeah, you gotta send someone. There's a lot of blood but he's moving."

I hear a click and sigh. People. I key up my mic and send out my available truck - we're down a bunch of trucks after that last run.

"M2, respond to I-484 underpass on East Long Road for the vehicle vs pedestrian."

I quickly type up call notes for the crew, my fingers flying over the keyboard with what I gathered from memory of the call.

-----

Single patient, vehicle not on scene. Caller states there is "a lot of blood", states patient is conscious. No further information.

#2 E. Sjostrom

E. Sjostrom

EMT

• EMS
  • 853 posts
  • Character Hometown:Washington D.C.

Posted 22 April 2019 - 11:21 PM

*Hearing the tones go off for us ends my cigarette break early which I don't mind as I didn't need to see who was in the SUV that was rocking.  Getting into the driver's seat of M2 I close the door behind me and start up the engine as the bay doors open.*

"M2 responding"

*Letting go of the mic I look at Miller giving a hint for him to get the lights and sirens while I pull away.*

memt.png

EMT Erika Sjostrom

Medic 3

#3 J.Patterson

J.Patterson

Sergeant

• Commissioned Police

• 776 posts
  • LocationPawtucket Rhode Island
  • Character Hometown:Portland Maine

Posted 24 April 2019 - 11:42 AM

*after shooting my frustrations away at the range i hear about the hit and run,and figure i may as well take  a ride ,after i return the bucket and repack my pistols i key my mic as i secure my holsters  and walk to 220 * county from 220..show me taking a ride over to that mva" *i release my PTT as i climb in and fire up the SUV its urgent but not enough to warrent hauling ass to so i opt for  just the odd  blast of the siren through sticky intersections heading to the scene*

pd220sgt.png

Patrol Supervisior-Sergeant Jason Patterson

FTO.jpg

sar.pngMotor%20officer.png

#4 E. Sjostrom

E. Sjostrom

EMT

• EMS
  • 853 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 12:27 AM

*Killing the sirens as we arrive on scene I look around East Long by the interpass and it's empty.  There's no one here.  Did we just waste gas on a prank call?*

"M2 on scene, there's no one here"

memt.png

EMT Erika Sjostrom

Medic 3

#5 J.Patterson

J.Patterson

Sergeant

• Commissioned Police

• 776 posts
  • LocationPawtucket Rhode Island
  • Character Hometown:Portland Maine

Posted 30 April 2019 - 12:33 AM

* i hear the medic report theres nobody on scene im right down the block and they can probably see my lights in the rear view and side mirrors so rather then stopping behind them i pass the bus stopping at the next intersection before i kill my lights as i key my mic * "220 to county ive got nothing, advise ems they can clear ill stay in the area just incase for a bit" * giving my own report i do a loop around the area before i once again pass the ambulance taping my airhorn and waving atthe crew as i pass*

pd220sgt.png

Patrol Supervisior-Sergeant Jason Patterson

FTO.jpg

sar.pngMotor%20officer.png

#6 E. Sjostrom

E. Sjostrom

EMT

• EMS
  • 853 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 12:38 AM

*Hearing confirmation from the SD that they didn't see anyone either I move on.  Making our way back to the station I key up the mic.*

"M2 clear"

memt.png

EMT Erika Sjostrom

Medic 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users